Its been a few days that i have finished it. Took me like 2 months, maybe more.
I feel that I am becoming RPG-phobic slowly, solely because of two reasons:
- The sheer amount of dedication these games require, that if you don’t play such games for a few days, you’ll completely forget about some crucial elements of the game, or at least about your progress.
- LOTS of choices. I hate choices. I hate having to play a game multiple times just to see a different ending (YouTube to the rescue).
What’s the formula to properly enjoy RPG Games?
Wait for first few hours. Build your character, upgrade him/her. And THEN the real fun begins.
Fallout 3 was so much fun. I still remember it vividly. But I never got myself to play Fallout: New Vegas. It felt boring, that i quickly felt a detachment from it. It might be a better ‘RPG’ game, but it feels boring. Heck after finishing Fallout 4, i again tried to play New Vegas, and to this very day, i am unable to feel that ‘connection’ with the game. So i left it as it is.
So, here goes my impressions about Fallout 4.
THE OH-SO-AWESOME THINGS
- Talking sole survivor. Trust me. Very very convenient, and with lively feeling.
- “Silver Shroud” episodes. LOTS of laughs and fun. Great feeling delivered only via sound. Impressive i tell ya.
- Wasteland. Oh My Gawd. Its so dense. Might not be ‘the’ biggest, but its certainly the ‘deepest’ with its secrets, and stuff.
- S.P.E.C.I.A.L Intro = Funny.
- Optimus Prime -_- ’nuff said.
- Better interaction with your companions. Nice story for every character. (Cute Piper and Curie, Very cute)
- There is just SO MUCH to do. Almost endless exploration. I don’t think you can find each and everything this game has to offer. Started using cheats once i was 20 hours in the game, and it became so much fun (don’t hate me for it plz).
- Absolute Favorite Weapons: Additional projectile machine gun, Laser Gatling, Gauss Rifle, Cryolater, Explosive Guns.
- FATMAN. OH I LOVVEDDDDD ITTTT
- The sarcasm. I don’t like being a jerk, but in that particular case, I LOVED IT. Help yourself to some YouTube videos.
- Sole Survivor is a Hoe … If you know what i mean.
- Beautiful soundtrack. The goove is huge with this one.
- Console cheats. Yea you know how its awesome. -_-
THE GOOD ENOUGH
- The story. I sided with The Institute.
- Settlements building was fun. Strangely, i was giving it more time than i should have.
- Stupendous amount of weapons.
- Weapons Mods are fun. But expensive.
- Better V.A.T.S.
- Less reliance on V.A.T.S. Unlike previous games, the game is a lot more ‘FPS‘ now, even when not using V.A.T.S.
- Power Armor Jet Pack … Convenient.
- Highly manageable perks screen. Looks quite nice.
- Weather. Looked cooool.
- The storage size. Between the other smaller games, 26GB felt like a miracle. Hail Bethesda for keeping the size so management, given the literally humongous nature of the game.
- Performance: Surprising, really. Dell XPS w/ GTX550M, lowest settings ~25-30fps. My GTX680 with Ultra settings. 55-65fps (variation was too much during daytime, intense lightning )
- Dialogue choice screen. Need i say more?
- Endless scrolling Pipboy. So advanced handheld computer, with no fast-scrolling system. Booo!
- Too long loading times between door-to-door travel. Made the game feel very non-coherent.
- Unavailability of an ‘actual’ assault rifle. Something which you’d LOVE playing with. (Only one i could love was a ‘legendary additional projectile modded machine gun‘ … probably the most powerful weapon throughout the whole game.
- Can get boring. Too much walking and running errands. Some Quests can get pretty useless and annoying.
THE F*#KIN’-PIECE-OF-SHIT STUFF
- Hand to Hand Combat, Totally doesn’t work.
- Why do i have to ‘help defend a settlement‘, when it has a 100+ defense system? Doesn’t make any sense.
- Moron Preston. Use a radio to inform me “ALL” about settlements you POS! Why do i have to (fast) travel all the way to your sorry ass?
- The bugs. Even with a fully updated game, a lot of missions won’t progress/complete. Console commands rescued me.
- Non availability of real stealth. I couldn’t maintain stealth even with the highest rank available, with using Knives and stuff.
- Bethesda is known to give PC priority. In this particular case, its reverse. F*ck this sh*t.
Re-playability = All Day Every Day.
Soundtrack = Soothing, Lovely, Dope.
Gameplay = Fun
Fun = Maximum
So the million (not really) dollars question. Is it worth the money? Ahh … maybe $30, or less.
On a Scale of 1 to 10. Its a solid 9 from me.