When it comes to building up a cool rig, CPU cooling solution plays vital role making your rig look cool. Cooling solution, in particular AIO liquid cooling are now-a-days build for perfection, not only looks better but very Easy-to-Install benefit.
Enermax is a well known company manufacturing Power Supplies, Coolers and accessories. It hasn’t been long since Enermax has updated the AIO liquid cooling lineup to newer Liqmax II series. I have reviewed several cooling solutions from different companies, but Enermax would be my first ever experience. Today I am reviewing Enermax’s Liqmax II 120S Cooling solution, model — ELC-LMR120S-BS. It’s a simple 120mm radiator accompanied with 2 batwing blade fans. Featuring full black color scheme and Glowing Brand name written on top of CPU Block.
Enermax liqmax II series comes in two different radiators such as 120S and 240S both are their newer edition to AIO cooling lineup. Let’s head over to our review.
(Taken from ENERMAX Website)
- Patented Shunt-Channel-Technology (SCT) boosts thermal conductivity and eliminates any heat surge.
- Advanced impellers increase pump pressure and flow momentum performance to provide smooth coolant circulation.
- Ceramic bearing pump provides exceptional durability and noiseless operation.
- The 2nd generation Batwing blades fan creates continuous burst air flow to penetrate the radiator and dissipate the heat efficiently.
- Patented smart APS (Adjustable peak speed) control provides 3 peak rpm options.
- Anti-vibration rubber pads provide noiseless stable operation.
- Durable and flexible rubber tubes ensure zero permeability.
- Easy-installation bracket with pressure adjustment spring screws ensures perfect contact force with CPU.
Package and The content
The Cooling solution came in original Enermax box and in complete packaging. The front side usually have most significant information stated about the Cooler. Brand Name at top left with Red color scheme. The front side of box is very brief and appropriate.
The backside is what more like it. They actually posted their product’s dimension and all the specification on it. That something you usually not see on other products.
Inside the box, you can see the plastic bag covering cooler, radiator, and pipes all along. The white box at middle is full of screws and accessories so called installation kit.
- 1x Liquid Cooler ELC-LMR120S-BS/ELC-LMR240-BS
- 2x 12cm Double Batwing Fans
- 1x Universal Backplate for Intel® and AMD® sockets
- 4x Stand-offs
- 2x Intel® Bracket
- 2x AMD® Bracket
- 4x Stand-off for Intel® LGA 2011 socket
- 1x Square spacer for Intel® 775 socket
- 4x Insulating Sheets for AMD® sockets
- 4x Spring Screws
- 8x Fan Screws
- 8x Case Screws (depending on the model)
- 1x Thermal Grease (TC-5121)
- 1x PWM Fan Y-Cable
- 1x Installation Guide
A Closer Look
The side plates showing Company logo as “Enermax” in white color scheme
While the radiator is very well build, Aluminium is used for build and for stable flow, High Fin Density features is used.
The CPU Block is beautifully designed, Company logo built in middle which will glow when Power ON the system.
Enermax is using their special designed Cooling Fans, codename Batwing fans. It is called because of their unique design blade inspiration from bats. the Corners are covered with rubber pads to avoid any vibration occur while running in system. another unique feature these fans have that make them stand out from rivals, is the Patented Smart APS Control, allows user to control the fan’s RPM without getting into software mode.
The installation process wasn’t any hard thing especially in the case of AIO liquid cooling. Its more Kind of plug and play to be honest. Start off with mounting backplate followed with long thumb screws inside out. the next step is to insert the black rubber washers to tighten backplate with motherboard.
Now its time to fixed the CPU block onto the stock. To install the cpu block Spring screws are used in installing CPU block.
The final Look after installing the Liqmax II 120S AIO Cooling solution.
Overview of Testing method
- Temperature test run Prime95 and AIDA64 CPU stress Tests
- All the test run long for about 10 minutes
- Maximum and Minimum Temperature readings used in charts
- I always used Noctua NT-H1 Thermal Paste.
- Ambient Temperature is 25C
- There is a 1% error of margin in Ambient
- RealTemp – For Monitoring Temperatures
- HWiNFO32 – For Monitoring Temperatures and voltages
- AI Suite III – For Controlling and Monitoring Fan Speed
- Prime95 version 25.11 – For Max Load
- AIDA64 Extreme 4.7v – For Typical Load
The performance charts showing the results on different MHz state. Idling at 36C while the load temperatures at stock clocks peaking at 58C, placing at last spot in performance chart. On the other hand, I overclocked the Processor to examine and evaluate its true potential which in return peaked out at 67C under 4.2GHz clock rate, not bad either. Since it’s a Entry level cooling in AIO category it performed as I expected it to be.
- Decent Performance
- Detailed Box
- Outstanding Build Quality
- Easy Installation Process
- Affordable Price
- Batwing Fans and APS Control Feature
- Noisy at higher RPM
Liqmax II series Cooler is a latest induction in the Enermax Cooling lineup. While Liqmax II 120S is smaller or single radiator variant of AIO cooling, the quality is rather high end, that rarely have seen in the market. The radiator doesn’t seem to scratch out the material that at all. I install the fan twice and in fact thrice to get the idea on build quality and believe me the holes material didn’t move an inch to its place. an Excellent job done with build aspect and of course elegant design. In addition, I liked Enermax’s Second Generation Batwing fans that allows me to control the fan speed as per desire. The small switch on fan helps manually alter the fan speed. It’s an extra advantage or say bonus for consumers.
As for performance, Liqmax II 120S is delivering cooling at decent level to say the least. It was tested under 25C degrees and both idles and load temperatures were taken into consideration. The performance charts showed decent results favored Liqmax II 120S in terms of price/performance ratio. However, marginally behind to Reeven Ouranos, though beating Cryorig H7 making it a good competitive product with almost every new feature a good cooler offer.
Enermax Liqmax II 120S AIO is retailing at $53.99 at Amazon, which seems ok for the product offering performance closer to its counterpart. However, air cooler Reeven Ouranos heading with 2C margin which is retailing at $46.99 price point.. The additional features AIO offering is worth to have such Cooling environment in System. With decent performance in Celcius, its indeed a good value for money.
“For the Quality and Features, Liqmax II 120S is a Clear Winner”