Stressed

PSN ID: PheonixBlaze Steam ID: 1rfan
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      76%
      Quote Originally Posted by Rebel640 View Post
      ^ @wolfy, the instructions so far say you need to have a retail disc inside the ps3 to be able to use the hack. but its no big deal if you can put any blu ray game inside the ps3 and play any of the dozens games off your hdd via this hack ;p, again the playing games off hdd is pure speculation, don't sue me for sayin this ;p
      woo wooo woo wait wait...

did u just said that u can play any game from HDD by putting any disk in your ps3? lol dont get me wrong but mate this is pure idiocy to think like that even (and I hope what you said and what I understood by your post is right).

I will try to explain here by making it as short as possible.

Reason: your BRD has 3 things mainly game data, BDR source (encrypted) and game keys (encrypted), ps3 SPU process in isolation is to decrypt both BDR source ( to recognize it) and game keys to execute game data, now if we have lets say as an example GOW3 in HDD and GOW collection in drive, when you try to play GOW3 from HDD the system will look for its game keys and start the decryption process, how can ps3 run GOW3 with GOW collection keys ?

I am not a ps3 dev or a hardware geek I am just making a simple logical question couz this backup manager is doing nothing but backing up games in HDD.

I am:
      Busy

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      14.95%
      Quote Originally Posted by Radical View Post
      Geohotz almost had full control over the HDD still he was unable to crack the spu's or something, the real deal is the cell chip & the blu-ray drive combo..
      geohot managed to get the community access to the hypervisor. but even getting access to the hypervisor isn't enough, caz every single step in the ps3's security structure is so well choreographed, reversing all the stuff from the ps3's memory, and then checking each and every reversed instruction, trying to find a small step, where you can find an exploit and use that one single exploit to get the 'unlimited' access to the ps3 is a very very painstakingly slow process.

This usb dongle hack guy most probably used the shortcut, i.e. somehow steal SCE's jig files ;p that convert the regular ps3 to a debug ps3 unit. and he probably doesn't care about getting sued either.

Fun fact: the psjailbreak site is registered to someone in Malaysia

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
      woo wooo woo wait wait...

did u just said that u can play any game from HDD by putting any disk in your ps3? lol dont get me wrong but mate this is pure idiocy to think like that even (and I hope what you said and what I understood by your post is right).
      I know something might not make sense. I'm just updating the information here as i read it on other sources. Things will clear up in a while and we'll know if this thing works for real or not. Give it a while ;p this rumour will be dealth with in short time, since the internet doesn't forgive a lie or scam ;p
      i7 6850k | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW | 32GB HyperX DDR4 | Asus X99 A-II MBoard | Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler | EVGA 650W G2 PSU | Corsair Obsidian 750D Case | 5x Noctua Premium fans!

PG Xtremist

I am:
      Cool

Gamertag: AfzalivE Steam ID: EvilRacer
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      0.59%
      one site registered to someone in the bahamas, the other to someone in netherlands

the store site, registered to someone in the Nederlands, their address on the contact page is:

1. in the wrong format
      2. pointing to a facility in Texas called Vertex fasteners, it could be a warehouse used as a proxy to send them returns but it's VERY shady.

both registered in july and june.

the video is being read out by a voice synthesizer, that tells me someone wants to prevent voice ID detection, all pictures of the USB are digitally made and none are real.

The setup instruction files are .pkg....WHO THE HELL KNOWS which software they open with?!

my verdict...yeah sure, both sites are legit ... NOT
      Last edited by eViLrAcEr; 19-08-10 at 11:30 AM.
      Android Developer in cybersecurity

I am:
      Busy

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      14.95%
      Quote Originally Posted by eViLrAcEr View Post
      The setup instruction files are .pkg....WHO THE HELL KNOWS which software they open with?!

my verdict...yeah sure, both sites are legit ... NOT
      As i said in the first post, people i closely know, ran the PKG file on their PS3 debug units. as far dumping ps3 games is concerned, that downloadable PKG file dumps the games just fine. So someone with actual knowledge actually wrote the dump making PKG.

The second part of goodness is runing the dumps from the ps3. and thats what they'll not give away for free, for which they're supposedly asking $120.

and yes i agree with the photoshoped flash drive images, it concerns me also. right now, just take all of this with a grain of salt. and stay neutral ;p
      i7 6850k | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW | 32GB HyperX DDR4 | Asus X99 A-II MBoard | Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler | EVGA 650W G2 PSU | Corsair Obsidian 750D Case | 5x Noctua Premium fans!

PG Xtremist

I am:
      Cool

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      0.59%
      As i said in the first post, people i closely know, ran the PKG file on their PS3 debug units. as far dumping ps3 games is concerned, that downloadable PKG file dumps the games just fine. So someone with actual knowledge actually wrote the dump making PKG.

The second part of goodness is runing the dumps from the ps3. and thats what they'll not give away for free, for which they're supposedly asking $120.

and yes i agree with the photoshoped flash drive images, it concerns me also. right now, just take all of this with a grain of salt. and stay neutral ;p
      debug units...now I wonder where your "people" got those from

I am:
      Busy

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      14.95%
      debug units...now I wonder where your "people" got those from
      You can get those for $600-$1200 and above if you really want one. With a little knowledge you can backup your ps3 games on debug units and also play the same backed up games on those units but then again.
      The guys payinG $600 and above for those debug units are hobbyists they could care less about playing copied games on their units.
      And this is the good part, what everyone else is thinking is that the supposed usb hack also converted ur retail ps3 to a debug unit to bring out the copied games goody ;p

Regarding 2nd half of your question: Where to get those?
      two hints:
      1- Google.com
      2- Ebay
      Last edited by Rebel640; 19-08-10 at 11:34 AM.

PG Xtremist

I am:
      Cool

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      0.59%
      You can get those for $600-$1200 and above if you really want one. Where to get those?

two hints:
      1- Google.com
      2- German Ebay
      ...lulz...phir sab usi ko kharid kar piracy kyun nai karrahey?

I am:
      Busy

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      14.95%
      ...lulz...phir sab usi ko kharid kar piracy kyun nai karrahey?
      This is going off topic, we can talk about this on PM or on the shoutbox sometime ;p

right now i'll sound like a representative of the usb hack guys if i start typing 500 words posts to every single question that is posted here ;p

(and like everyone else i've no efffin clue if its a scam or real)
      Last edited by Rebel640; 19-08-10 at 11:39 AM.

VooDoo Puppet

I am:
      Stressed

PSN ID: PheonixBlaze Steam ID: 1rfan
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      76%
      This is going off topic, we can talk about this on PM or on the shoutbox sometime ;p

right now i'll sound like a representative of the usb hack guys if i start typing 500 words posts to every single question that is posted here ;p

(and like everyone else i've no efffin clue if its a scam or real)
      man u getting a cut out of their pocket or may be a free usb at the end of the day for making advertisement here on most active Pakistani gamer forum :P

ontopic: the only thing we can do is wait this thing will surely be confirmed within few hours that its fake or real.

I am:
      Busy

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      14.95%
      Quote Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
      man u getting a cut out of their pocket or may be a free usb at the end of the day for making advertisement here on most active Pakistani gamer forum :P
      LOL i wish

btw see first post, the proof video by that ozchip website is up on youtube. still processing though ;o
      Last edited by Rebel640; 19-08-10 at 11:50 AM.