I am:
      Cool

Gamertag: AfzalivE Steam ID: EvilRacer
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      20.92%
      @pleasent: imageshack has a REALLY nasty habit of trying to prevent hot-linking, that's the main reason i use tinypic. I added functionality to Tinypic, not ImageShack.

script updated to v1.0.3 Manual update check button added.
      Last edited by eViLrAcEr; 09-06-10 at 05:08 PM.
      Android Developer in cybersecurity

PG Juggernaut
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Yeehaw

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      98.88%
      i have seen tiny pic also does it but i have been using imageshack for a long time havent faced this issue

PG Xtremist

I am:
      Cool

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      20.92%
      Quote Originally Posted by pleasent View Post
      i have seen tiny pic also does it but i have been using imageshack for a long time havent faced this issue
      well I have seen it so many times that I don't use imageShack for that reason alone. and no, Tinypic NEVER EVER prevents you from hotlinking images

by hotlinking, I mean link directly to the jpg and not some webpage containing the jpg.

oh and ImageShack also takes some time to load AND that fact that MS has officially block ImageShack links to be shared via MSN due to that image thingy virus.

and here's a direct jpg file link, let's see what happens to it. (mind you, i got this by going to the image page and copying the link in the "direct link" box...that's the same as what people do in Tinypic without my script

^^^ see where it links to? that's the code generated from the link you mentioned. I would still have to make some changes to that link to make it link directly to the jpg file And then ofcourse there's the huge chance of imageshack telling the viewers of that direct jpg that hotlinking isn't allowed.

So yeah.... Tinypic + my script >>> ImageShack.

the only GOOD feature about imageshack is the thumbnailing and maybe that the name filename remains same. but that's something I can modify my script to do too ...burnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Now this topic is about my script and the feedback regarding that, not Tinypic vs ImageShack
      Last edited by eViLrAcEr; 09-06-10 at 05:14 PM.

PG Juggernaut
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Yeehaw

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      98.88%
      Quote Originally Posted by eViLrAcEr View Post
      well I have seen it so many times that I don't use imageShack for that reason alone. and no, Tinypic NEVER EVER prevents you from hotlinking images

by hotlinking, I mean link directly to the jpg and not some webpage containing the jpg.

oh and ImageShack also takes some time to load

^^^ see where it links to? that's the code generated from the link you mentioned. I would still have to make some changes to that link to make it link directly to the jpg file And then ofcourse there's the huge chance of imageshack telling the viewers of that direct jpg that hotlinking isn't allowed.

So yeah.... Tinypic + my script >>> ImageShack.

the only GOOD feature about imageshack is the thumbnailing. but that's something I can modify my script to do too ...burnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Now this topic is about my script and the feedback regarding that, not Tinypic vs ImageShack
      Well i have seen these things written with Tiny pic as well "NO HotLinking allowed, Bandwidth Limits" same goes with photobucket
      thumbnails pops up

But nonetheless its personal choice for me Imageshack is working well so "IS" is my first choice and Tinypic is working for you So Good for you

PG Xtremist

I am:
      Cool

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      20.92%
      ^^ The only alternate image I've seen from tinypic is "Image has been removed or deleted"

only Flickr and Photobucket show that hotlinking and unavailable thing, tinypic NEVER does.

I could make the same thing for imageShack, but what do I care...I don't use it :8

Ironically, Tinypic is owned by PhotoBucket
      Last edited by eViLrAcEr; 09-06-10 at 05:55 PM.

PG Xtremist
      Associate Editor

I am:
      Fine

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      4.75%
      Nice stuff once again from you evil.

On Chrome its working really fine. No issues yet. Just have to ask that how do you check the exact version? Its displaying just version 1 on my extensions. Thanks.

PG Xtremist

I am:
      Cool

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      20.92%
      thanks.

exact
      version of the script? or the update?

I had this huge function to check the updates before, removed it. now there's a separate script (mentioned in the @require section) that does the job for me.

the version in the local copy of the script is checked against the version in the script hosted on userscripts.org. if it's different, it shows you the box automatically and also shows the changelog (using @history section).

of course, the automatic check is only once every 6 hours (i can't modify that default value, but you can do that when the box shows up).

The manual button, I forced it to display the notice even if the script is updated coz the forceCheck method wasn't working as I expected so what the heck, a user can use some common sense and see if they have the same version

Should I force it to display the multi upload by default instead of single upload?
      Last edited by eViLrAcEr; 09-06-10 at 05:56 PM.

PG Xtremist
      Associate Editor

I am:
      Fine

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      4.75%
      Well I'm just happy with it. Its fine the way it is.

PG Xtremist

I am:
      Cool

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      20.92%
      new feature added V.1.0.4

btw, Chrome does not support the automatic updating thing. Sorry but I cannot do anything in this regard otherwise the size of the script will be really big (from 5 kb to 20kb)

@ahmad: well that's an issue but I haven't checked the changes in the Greasemonkey implementation of Chrome tbh, there are some wacky changes.
      Last edited by eViLrAcEr; 15-06-10 at 01:41 PM.