• Roflol
  • Sad
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Yeehaw
  • Likes Likes:  0
    Thanks Thanks:  0
    Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker thread of tactical opereshuns!

Girouded!

I am:
      Bored

Gamertag: Isthisajoke PSN ID: PSNlove Steam ID: Sauna
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      89%
      THis is good news Thank god

Psycho Analyzer

I am:
      Yeehaw

PSN ID: RustEddie
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      87.75%
      Thank God its optional

DownpouR

Resi Evil 4 > Your fav game.
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Starving

Gamertag: CHANDOOG PSN ID: adnan791986 Steam ID: chandoog
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      55.17%

Hale...Nathan Hale

I am:
      Bored

Gamertag: psn id : altair_killer PSN ID: altair_killer
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      0.16%
      hmm,its pretty much confirmed i will buy the original for this one,since i rarely use my psp and imma feel wayyyy too much ashamed for pirating something as great as mgs :s

W'Sup, G?
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Fine

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      34%
      ^Rightly said bro.

Well here one thing must be noticed.....the graphics, give a pure mgs 3 like feel, ps2 compareable no?

W'Sup, G?
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Fine

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      34%

MGS: PW no more a "Tactical Espionage Action"? [MotherBase Explained]

The Mother Base component prompted Kojima to share a surprise announcement. Past Metal Gear games have been labeled by Konami under the genre "Tactical Espionage Action." Kojima feels that Peace Walker does not fit into this genre, and so for Peace Walker, they've changed the genre to "Tactical Espionage Operation." Said Kojima, "You can experience the actual army itself, including the operation of action and the operation of management."

MotherBase

Hideo Kojima also took the stage to detail some new gameplay areas of his latest baby, most notably the Mother Base component.

As previously detailed, Mother Base is the name for a sea-based plant which Snake and Miller's group MSF (Militaires Sans Frontières) use as their base of operation.
      Separate from the main mission-based Peace Walker gameplay, you head out to the base to develop weapons and equipment, making use of money (GMP) from missions and schematics that you get when clearing missions. You can also expand and strengthen the base itself.

MotherBase

A fully expanded Mother base

All this side activity requires a staff. You acquire staff members by taking prisoners on the battle field. You might have seen Peace Walker videos showing the player attaching balloons to a stunned enemy.

The enemy flies off to Mother Base to serve as staff members. You can set them to serve in the research and development, medical, food, or intelligence wards of your base, or put them in your active army.

How you allocate the staff determines how your base will grow. As an example, if you put the focus on research and development staff, it's possible that you'll acquire high level weapons quickly.

You can populate your base with up to 300 troops at one time. Sound like the makings for a management nightmare? No worries. You'll also be able to use an "Auto Mode" to have the game automatically determine how best to place the units based off their abilities.

Screen showing all wizards for pumping up your motherbase

Famitsu.com passed along a list of functionality you have access to for your management purposes.

Delivery
      Place an item in a box and send it to another player via wireless. You can specify the date and time of delivery.

Outer Ops
      Dispatch members of your active army to areas of conflict that have requested your help. After you've formed your unit, it takes care of the combat automatically. Depending on the result, you'll earn different rewards and may even unlock additional missions. The unit members will also become more powerful.

Develop
      Develop new weapons and equipment. If you increase the staff in your research and development wing, you'll increase the speed of development and the capabilities of the resulting items.

Developing Weapons

Recruit
      You can connect to wireless access points placed at retailers and in public places to obtain troop data. To get the troop to join you, you'll have to make him surrounder within a certain time limit. It also seems that there are some troops which can only be obtained at certain access points.

Staff
      This shows where all your staff is located within Mother Base. You can also check up on the abilities of each staff member.

Versus Ops
      A six player battle mode. Includes team survival and a number of other rules.

Trade
      Exchange staff with other players. You can only exchange staff that has been placed in a special waiting room.

Database
      This shows your progress in the game, your "friendship level" with your "sneak friends," the titles and decorations you've earned and more.

???
      As you progress through the missions and reach certain conditions, Mother Base will see additional evolutions. Famitsu.com labeled this with a "???".

Oh yeah its big alright!

The Mother Base component looks like it will be an essential part of the Peace Walker experience. At the press conference, Konami shared a chart showing how massive the game's bosses, known as "AI Weapons," are, with one rising 20 times Snake's height. You may have to rely on Mother Base's support here to develop weapons capable of destroying the bosses.

That is if all you want to do is destroy them, of course. Said Kojima at the event. "You can take parts from the AI Weapons. However, if you destroy them, you can't take those parts." Famitsu.com reports that you'll be able to go inside the bosses and obtain chips and parts. These can be taken back to Mother Base and given to your engineers, who could make some new things for you using the stolen technology.

Source

I am speechless! This is becoming more and more awesome with every passing day!

Oh btw i would be creating an Official Thread for the game shortly, all news will then be posted in that thread.
      Last edited by r3aper; 08-04-10 at 11:49 PM.

W'Sup, G?
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Fine

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      34%

MGS: PW North American & European boxart

Konami have released a work-in-progress boxart for the North American and European releases of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.
      The cover doesn’t bear the PlayStation Network logo, suggesting that either its yet to be implemented or that it won’t be a necessary function of the game and that it won’t be PSN-enabled like the Japanese release, and may not get any kind of downloadable content.
      Source

Now that looks spectacular!

Oh and here is something from Kojima's twitter
      In his recent tweet just a couple of hours ago, he hinted that he will be announcing something big for Peace Walker. He said that it should hint something about the new “Metal”? Could it be a new Metal Gear that is tied up to Peace Walker? He also said that you won’t really enjoy it until you have played the game…
      Mind Games.....hes good at it!

---------- Post added at 02:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 AM ----------

Konami Announces Mountain of Metal Gear Tieups
      Peace Walker teaming up with everything from soda to deodorant. Oh, and Assassin's Creed and Monster Hunter too.

April 7, 2010 - Metal Gear Solid 4 had tie-ups with everything from Calorie Mate to iPod. But for Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker, Konami has upped its cross promotional efforts. You're going to be seeing a whole lot of product placement in and around this solid PSP gaming experience.

Some of the tie-ins were previously announced. Most notable is the Assassin's Creed II tie-in which we debuted as an April Fools' joke. Similar to the MGS4 April Fools' Day Assassin's Creed joke, the Assassin Creed II joke from last week will actually make it into Peace Walker's final version. You'll be able to eagle dive into an Assassin's Straw Box item. Both the move and the special box are, of course, pulled from the Ubisoft smash hit.

More>>>
      Full famitsu list
      Last edited by r3aper; 11-04-10 at 02:44 AM.

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Cheeky

PSN ID: SolitarySoldier
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      4.05%
      Great screens. Familiar with MGS3 which is nice. This game can lead in tech on PSP.
      Snake marketing some products there!

Lone Wolf

I am:
      Cold

Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/uchigava/
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      25.9%
      Now this is called BIG!
      Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker "Big Boss" Bundle is Also Coming to US
      Spoiler: show

Metal Gear fans won't have to settle for the limited edition (and garish) "spirited green" PSP when buying their Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker bundle. The superior "Big Boss" pack is also coming to U.S and Canada.

It's coming to the United States as a GameStop exclusive, which may be bad news to some of you hoping to vote with your dollars elsewhere. The better news is that the package, better in aesthetic and Memory Stick storage size, is $199 USD. That's the same price as the minty green version.

What does one get with the "Big Boss"? This, Snake.

"Camouflage" PSP-3000 system
      Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker game on UMD
      Voucher for in-game content unlockable early on in the game - camouflage uniform with FOX logos and a stealth gun weapon for Snake to use early in the game.
      PlayStation Network downloadable movie voucher - title to be announced
      4GB Memory Stick PRO Duo
      Premium carrying case
      *mouth waters*

PG Xtremist
      Associate Editor

I am:
      Fine

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      0.33%
      ^ Damn that skin looks so sexy! I soooo wanna get that!! All these bundles are just too good....