R e |3 e L

I am:
      Fine

MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      65.06%
      Multiplatforms killing PC gaming is just a stupid theory, no offence.
      Then why are these Peee C gamers butt-hurt from the consoles? especially the PS3.

PG Pioneering Member
      PG PIONEERING MEMBER

I am:
      Cool

Gamertag: Shyanide PSN ID: ShyberDaddy Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/SHYBER119
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      5.24%
      Quote Originally Posted by Sir Ahsan View Post
      All im wondering is how multiplatforming is killing PCs ? How is making a game for a PC and consoles too 'deserting' the PC gamers ? The timed delays could be a valid point ... but simply going multiplatform ? Hain ?

Multiplatforms killing PC gaming is just a stupid theory, no offence.
      Ok, let's put it this way. If Crytek hadn't targeted going multiplatform and capitalized on taking the CryEngine2 to a truly next generation of visuals and physics besting DMM and Euphoria putting DX11 to its knees. They didn't. They decided to "optimize" their engine so that it can be used on consoles. Same goes for Carmack's ID tech 5.

If the devs had focused on PC gaming like Crytek did in 2007, then the consoles would've started to look considerably outdated already.

PG Juggernaut
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Amused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      8.75%
      Quote Originally Posted by radd View Post
      Companies that previously made games FOR pc are now going multiplatform and deserting PC.
      Care to name a few games which are NOT developed for PC anymore and are JUST for consoles now?

Resi Evil 4 > Your fav game.
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Starving

Gamertag: CHANDOOG PSN ID: adnan791986 Steam ID: chandoog
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      7.77%
      Care to name a few games which are NOT developed for PC anymore and are JUST for consoles now?
      1/ Remedy

wait, i thought you said companies.
      Last edited by Chandoo; 02-08-09 at 10:24 PM.

PG Juggernaut
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Amused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      8.75%
      Quote Originally Posted by Shyber View Post
      Ok, let's put it this way. If Crytek hadn't targeted going multiplatform and capitalized on taking the CryEngine2 to a truly next generation of visuals and physics besting DMM and Euphoria putting DX11 to its knees. They didn't. They decided to "optimize" their engine so that it can be used on consoles. Same goes for Carmack's ID tech 5.

If the devs had focused on PC gaming like Crytek did in 2007, then the consoles would've started to look considerably outdated already.
      You do realize PC is still gonna get the better version? Since Crytek said they will max out every platforms capabilities. Cryengine 3 is flexible enough to achieve that.

No offence but other than Killzone 2 and Uncharted and MSG4, barely any game can match the visual quality of Crysis. (for lack for any other next-gen PC exclusive)

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chandoo View Post
      1/ Remedy
      Alan wake? Not what i was asking. Any series which was PC exclusive but now its 'deserted' and only for consoles? Say for e.g. Crytek abondoned PC and is ONLY supporting consoles now.

PG Juggernaut
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      ----

PSN ID: Nomad_PG Steam ID: nomad_pg
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      57.02%
      Very good points raised by necrokiller and Sir Ahsan. Some people only see one side of the picture and turn a blind eye on everything PC has gained.

Consoles got many games which were considered to be PC exclusive titles. But it's not like it's a one way traffic.

Can anybody tell me when was the last time Square Enix released a JRPG for PC before releasing Last Remnant this year?
      Before Street Fighter 4, when was the last big profile beat'em up released for PC?
      Who here considers next Metal Gear releasing for PC a small feat?
      Devil May Cry 4, considered to be a console series, has the best version on PC. Same is the case with Burnout Paradise.

Sure consoles got Crysis 2. But does that mean there is no Crysis 2 for PC? Anybody who has played Crysis knows that it becomes more enjoyable as the graphics improve. Who here thinks that console owners will enjoy it as much as PC owners?

Maybe console fans use words like PC gaming dying because that's what they go through. Let me clear this up for you, Consoles die, PC doesn't (for any thick headed guy, I'm not talking about RROD here)

IGN posted an article on the same topic. It's a good read
      http://pc.ign.com/articles/100/1005720p1.html

PG Juggernaut
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Amused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      8.75%
      Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
      Sure consoles got Crysis 2. But does that mean there is no Crysis 2 for PC?
      Exactly my point. Now if Crysis 2 was ONLY for consoles, that would mean the beginning of the end for PC gaming. One can say multiplatform gaming is not doing anything better for PC gaming, coz we know what its capable of, but that doesn't mean its getting worse.

RE 4 wasn't even ported by Capcom (it was done by Source Next), but now we got a mind blowing port of RE 5 on the PC by them (performance on low-end systems). Then SF4, and DMC 4 as Nomad mentioned. Its only getting better and better.
      Last edited by Necrokiller; 02-08-09 at 10:38 PM.

PG Pioneering Member
      PG PIONEERING MEMBER

I am:
      Cool

Gamertag: Shyanide PSN ID: ShyberDaddy Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/SHYBER119
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      5.24%
      No no no, you guys are missing my point.

Focused development on PC means no peanuts for consoles. I was talking about Crytek (applies to id too) that they were done with Cryengine2 in 2007. Had they focused on a newer, more powerful, too heavy for consoles engine with the Cryengine3 with groundbreaking visuals - and NOT optimizing Cryengine2 to inferior hardware and calling it Cryengine3 (unfittingly).

The PC provides the grounds for taking next step. Valve's Source changed everything in 03-04 and Doom3 provided a true leap to next gen. Then Far Cry. All with FOCUSED PC development where the consoles could rot.

Right now, we get the "mufta" ports on PC which run better just because of PCs being powerful. IMO, their potentials aren't being pushed to the limits, like the consoles.

Resi Evil 4 > Your fav game.
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Starving

Gamertag: CHANDOOG PSN ID: adnan791986 Steam ID: chandoog
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      7.77%
      Its only getting better and better.
      only getting better and better because 1 company is releasing games on the PC too, and that too because they have a cross platform engine. ?

as opposed to let's see, crytek, bioware, remedy, epic, valve etc who were formerly PC only companies that are now investing heavily into consoles.

@nomad, when we say "PC gaming is dying" we obviously don't mean that people are going to throw their pc's out eventually lol, it means the state of pc gaming is growing weaker and weaker as it is, as i've already taken a few names, more and more pc only companies are focusing equally, or more towards consoles as well.

there's not much left that a gamer can get "only on the PC" platform, console versions, though technically not as capable, are still the one's that do the real business and get the worth while media attention the game makers so crave.

as shyber stated above, most PC ports of recent times are afterthoughts, brought on months upon months after their console releases just so the developers can milk the tiniest of pc market percentage that buys legit.

also, last remnant is a piss poor example of a game to use to state your stuff lol, also DMC4 and Burnout, both released, what, a year after their console counterparts, does anyone even talk about burnout on the PC ? because i certainly haven't heard anyone, it's just the ps3 or the 360 versions people talk about.
      Who here considers next Metal Gear releasing for PC a small feat?
      i consider it being released on the 360 a much bigger feat
      Last edited by Chandoo; 02-08-09 at 10:57 PM.

R e |3 e L

I am:
      Fine

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      65.06%
      PC winn = CryEngine 2, no chance of console version, PC exclusive tech.

PC nearing death = CryEngine 3, multiplat, not so much exclusive anymore