• Yeehaw
  • Likes Likes:  0
    Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: GTA 6 Will Be A Timed PlayStation 5 Exclusive, According To Rumors

Respect Ma AuthoritA!!!
      Nintendo/PSP Moderator

I am:
      Roflol

Gamertag: mani the gamer PSN ID: Manigamer Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/manigamer
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      1800%
      Lv. Percent
      67.99%

GTA 6 Will Be A Timed PlayStation 5 Exclusive, According To Rumors

According to unconfirmed rumors, it's quite likely that Grand Theft Auto 6 will be temporarily exclusive to Sony's upcoming PlayStation 5 console.

The much-anticipated Grand Theft Auto 6 may be a timed PlayStation 5 exclusive title, if certain unconfirmed reports are accurate. Fans of the Grand theft Auto series have been on the edge of their seats all week leaking up to the rumored announcement of GTA6, something which was either supposed to happen yesterday or won't happen until next Wednesday, depending on which supposed GTA 6 leaks players choose to believe.
        The PlayStation 5 console itself has also been the subject of a number of rumors and speculations, thanks mostly to the fact that Sony has been incredibly tight-lipped about many of the new console's specifications, such as how much it will cost and what it actually looks like. Despite an recent presentation which went into certain PS5 console specs in great detail and the announcement of backwards compatibility with a large number of PlayStation 4 games, many players still have a lot of unanswered questions about the PS5, including wanting to know what new titles the next gen console will have available at launch.

Now, resurfacing rumors which have been swirling around the internet since 2015 have indicated that Grand Theft Auto 6 will be a PlayStation 5 exclusive title, at least temporarily. As reported by TweakTown back in 2019, an anonymous poster on Pastebin described a list of PS5 specifications and mentioned that (back then) GTA 6 was planned to release during the Holiday 2020 season. According to the report, "Sony paid 'huge money' in order to secure a 1-month PS5 exclusive."

Recent stock reports describe Take-Two Interactive's buisness plan as showing strong indications the company is planning on releasing GTA 6 on PS5 and Xbox Series X, but those same reports also suggest the game will be announced this year but not release until 2021. While a Grand Theft Auto title debuting on the PlayStation first isn't an unlikely scenario (it's been done many times before by Rockstar, especially during the PS2 era) such a small exclusive window feels like a waste of money for Sony.
        Many GTA 6 rumors share lots of similarities with each other, which is either a sign that there must be some sort of factual basis for them or, equally likely, everyone is just copying each other's homework and making things up as they go along. As one of the most prominent GTA 6 rumors, the March 25th announcement date, inches closer and closer, fans are getting ready to either feel incredibly excited... or incredibly angry. Either way, the longer it takes for Grand Theft Auto 6 to be announced, the more likely a release on Sony's PlayStation 5 becomes.

Source: TweakTown

PG Lurker

I am:
      Busy

Gamertag: AchtungPakhtoon PSN ID: AchtungPakhtoon Steam ID: AchtungPakhtoon
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      21.38%
      This practice should stop. Downvote Sony.

PC should get the game on Day 1 as well or we should at least get cross platform saves. Bow that would be cool. I hated how i got to 99.7% game completion on PS3 for GTA5, but then sold the game off. It would have been nice to have my progression and save game files on PC. I only played on PC sadly, didn't want to play the single player campaign again. I think it should be a must this gen.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Stressed

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:69141102
      Daily Activity
      714.29%
      Lv. Percent
      2.92%
      Expect at the minimum 1+ year before it arrives on PC

Sent from Mobile

Resi Evil 4 > Your fav game.
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Starving

Gamertag: CHANDOOG PSN ID: adnan791986 Steam ID: chandoog
      Daily Activity
      3342.86%
      Lv. Percent
      38.01%
      GTA is too big to be a console exclusive for any number of time right now IMO.

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Confused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      13.13%
      Seems highly unlikely that this will actually happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Cheeky

PSN ID: SolitarySoldier
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      85.14%
      Delayed PC release is a R* problem, not a console problem. Console exclusivity sounds unlikely with such a game but you never know because ultimately it's all about $$$, which Sony got a lot of and R* never gets tired of. It will piss off many XBSX gamers but they too will buy the game late (if they don't switch the console) because GTA is just one such game. But nah, won't bet on that happening. R* is one of the top earners and they might not go for some extra $$$ while risking a bad press they don't need and can live without.

R e |3 e L

I am:
      Fine

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      55.73%
      I don't think so.