I am:
      ----

MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      35.25%

Exclamation Ptcl high latency issues on middle eastern servers

I used to get 50-60 ping on middle eastern servers on fortnite, now I get around 180 on fortnite and 200-230 on Cod MW. I can't see the ping in FIFA but the lag and input delay is horrific in it too. The latency bars have gone from 4 to 3 or 2. The ping on European servers has also increased slightly (+20-40ms). This happened randomly about 2 weeks ago. I have a 15MB VDSL connection, city Islamabad. If anyone knows the fix to this then please help because as of right now I can't play any game properly. I'm not bothering to complain to PTCL because last year I faced a same kind of issue when they changed their routing and messed up the pings to almost every game, and I kept on complaining which led to my internet being cut off. I had to go to their office to get it back on so I don't want that to happen again.

Global Moderator
      Global Moderator

I am:
      Busy

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      89.91%
      Quote Originally Posted by hassaannasir View Post
      I used to get 50-60 ping on middle eastern servers on fortnite, now I get around 180 on fortnite and 200-230 on Cod MW. I can't see the ping in FIFA but the lag and input delay is horrific in it too. The latency bars have gone from 4 to 3 or 2. The ping on European servers has also increased slightly (+20-40ms). This happened randomly about 2 weeks ago. I have a 15MB VDSL connection, city Islamabad. If anyone knows the fix to this then please help because as of right now I can't play any game properly. I'm not bothering to complain to PTCL because last year I faced a same kind of issue when they changed their routing and messed up the pings to almost every game, and I kept on complaining which led to my internet being cut off. I had to go to their office to get it back on so I don't want that to happen again.
      There is no easy solution to this.

PTCL currently has the worst possible routing to all AWS servers - Europe, Middle East and Singapore.

I can't play COD MW with friends because they get 200 ms ping to every lobby, regardless of which region it is.

PGiversary

I am:
      Fine

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      43.68%
      I recently switched to StormFiber due to the same issue and even though they use PIE routes, I still get pretty good ping times. To EU it is around 130-160ms, Asia is 90-100ms and Middle Eastern server pings are less than 60ms. On PTCL it was 200+ ms on all regions. Also Twitch streams run smooth in full HD while my 25mbps PTCL struggled to run streams at 360p so thats a plus for me.
      Last edited by maazsk97; 31-12-19 at 04:13 PM.

On Training

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      35.25%
      Quote Originally Posted by maazsk97 View Post
      I recently switched to StormFiber due to the same issue and even though they use PIE routes, I still get pretty good ping times. To EU it is around 130-160ms, Asia is 90-100ms and Middle Eastern server pings are less than 60ms. On PTCL it was 200+ ms on all regions. Also Twitch streams run smooth in full HD while my 25mbps PTCL struggled to run streams at 360p so thats a plus for me.
      There are no other ISPs in my area. If there were, I would've switched to it in a heartbeat.

On Training

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      35.25%
      Quote Originally Posted by murtaza12 View Post
      There is no easy solution to this.

PTCL currently has the worst possible routing to all AWS servers - Europe, Middle East and Singapore.

I can't play COD MW with friends because they get 200 ms ping to every lobby, regardless of which region it is.
      Last year I was facing the same issue and it was fixed by a guy on this website, his name was usmanghazanfar. He wasked me to share my trace routes and give him the server IPs and my IP pool and he got it fixed within 2 days or so. Unfortunately he hasn't been on here since Feb I think.

PGiversary

I am:
      Fine

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      43.68%
      Quote Originally Posted by hassaannasir View Post
      Last year I was facing the same issue and it was fixed by a guy on this website, his name was usmanghazanfar. He wasked me to share my trace routes and give him the server IPs and my IP pool and he got it fixed within 2 days or so. Unfortunately he hasn't been on here since Feb I think.
      The only solution is purchasing a VPN. Back when I was stuck with PTCL I purchased a WTFast subscription and it actually works. My ping went down from 200ms + to constant 100-110ms on Asian servers. Even EU was pretty good at around 140-160ms. If you are on a console you will need a pc to connect the console to it in order to setup the VPN on your console. I don't know the procedure but google and a few youtube videos can help you on this.

PG Superstar

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      83.52%
      The only solution is purchasing a VPN. Back when I was stuck with PTCL I purchased a WTFast subscription and it actually works. My ping went down from 200ms + to constant 100-110ms on Asian servers. Even EU was pretty good at around 140-160ms. If you are on a console you will need a pc to connect the console to it in order to setup the VPN on your console. I don't know the procedure but google and a few youtube videos can help you on this.
      Might be .but games like modern warfare and Apex legends ban u in an instant with the use of wtfast.

PGiversary

I am:
      Fine

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      43.68%
      Quote Originally Posted by golabucha View Post
      Might be .but games like modern warfare and Apex legends ban u in an instant with the use of wtfast.
      I don't know how they detect that you are behind a VPN because WTFast doesn't change your IP it only optimizes your ISP routing. That is why its also called GPN (Gamers Private Network).

PG Superstar

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      83.52%
      I don't know how they detect that you are behind a VPN because WTFast doesn't change your IP it only optimizes your ISP routing. That is why its also called GPN (Gamers Private Network).
      They have their means to find out .

On Training

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      35.25%
      Haven't got any help at all yet, this forum is dead