Stressed

MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      63.57%

I want to make most energy efficient gaming pc

Hi guyz,

I want to make a new(atleast current gen even if used) gaming desktop pc which is very efficient in energy consumption.. in 2013 i made a pc which had 2320 i5 sandy bridge, 4 gb ram and gtx 550 Ti.. it energy consumption was so ridiculously high that it costed more energy bills than my air conditioner.. not only that my Dad is strongly against building a pc because of previous failing in either getting good framerates because of sudden generation gap (graphical leap) my pc was left behind and also my gpu and motherboard died because of Rust and humidity. Also i had badnaam e zamana psu Coolermaster extreme 650w.. A very bad experience in which i earned nothing after spending upto 50k.
      Now i have been using normal laptops (cheapest ones) from used laptop markets.. But Gaming Laptops that are in used condition are not only ridiculously expensive but have numerous faults most common fault among used gaming laptops is psu and battery problem..
      So i've decided to try once again with advice from PakGamer brothers in building most energy efficient gaming pc that can run most current game at atleast 1600x900p with atleast 40, 50 or 60fps . If there is any electrical engineer having knowledge about computer power consumption and how to get most out of hardware without consuming much wattage then it would be very nice. Please help me in building cheap and affordable energy efficient gaming Desktop PC.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 Plus using Tapatalk
      Last edited by sherjee2011; 26-12-19 at 01:27 AM.

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Stressed

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:69141102
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      20.16%
      Most mid end computers don't actually consume more than 300watts at peak heavy gaming. I'm surprised to hear that your PC consumed more than your A.C. Anyway if you wanna get an efficient PC, wait until mid 2020 when Nvidia will launch their new graphics card with 7nm + ryzen 4th gen which will also be released next year. Also learn how to undervolt.

Also see this video:
      https://youtu.be/-d8gcfbjoZM

Sent from Mobile
      Thanks sherjee2011 thanked for this post

PG Veteran

I am:
      Stressed

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      63.57%
      Quote Originally Posted by iampasha View Post
      Most mid end computers don't actually consume more than 300watts at peak heavy gaming. I'm surprised to hear that your PC consumed more than your A.C. Anyway if you wanna get an efficient PC, wait until mid 2020 when Nvidia will launch their new graphics card with 7nm + ryzen 4th gen which will also be released next year. Also learn how to undervolt.

Also see this video:
      https://youtu.be/-d8gcfbjoZM

Sent from Mobile
      Please tell me that which is the best PSU for energy efficiency and lowest electricity bills.. i live in the area where electricity bills are very high due to meter charging twice thrice units.. so my biggest concern is wattage consumption..
      Currently i think Ryzen 3200g can fulfill my needs since i just want to game on atleast 900p and that apu is playing most games at 50 to 60fps at medium settings. This type of apu can help me waiting for gtx 1050 or middle-end gpus.. So which PSU is best and will help me saving electricity bills while I can enjoy my gaming hobby in PC. My Dad prefers Laptop because of low power consumption but Gaming Laptops are ridiculous expensive, over-priced and since most of them are used Shopkeepers have priced it however they like even if they are very defective.. why would i pay so much for defective pieces.
      That's why i want to build very energy efficient pc which will consume very less electricity so i can save electricity bills.

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Stressed

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      20.16%
      Any psu with 80+ rating. Platinum is the most efficient, followed by gold, silver and then bronze. Avoid any coolermaster and non 80+ psus. That ryzen Apu is fine for now, but will become underpowered once the next gen consoles hit next year. You can buy it if you want, but you'll need to upgrade sooner or later, both CPU and GPU.

You can also get a console if efficiency is what you're after. Xbox one X at peak doesn't consume more than 150 watts

Sent from Mobile

PG Juggernaut
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Amused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      72.25%
      Quote Originally Posted by sherjee2011 View Post
      Please tell me that which is the best PSU for energy efficiency and lowest electricity bills..
      You will not see any meaningful savings in your electricity bills based on PSU quality alone, especially on the lower end scale of specs. Investing in a Titanium or Gold certified PSU with a low-mid end GPU would be waste of your money.

Any recent GPU you buy, esp Nvidia, will be very energy efficient. GTX 1050 Ti variants which do not require a separate power connector (MSI and Zotac have some models) will be your best option. These GPUs will be powered through the motherboard and are excellent performing cards with only 75W power draw max.

As for PSU, expanding on what iampasha said, a good quality 80+ bronze will be sufficient in your case. Seasonic, Corsair, EVGA are all excellent brands.

Quote Originally Posted by iampasha View Post
      You can also get a console if efficiency is what you're after. Xbox one X at peak doesn't consume more than 150 watts
      One X consumes 170+ watts while running Gears 4. The PSU is rated at 245W so there will be scenarios where it will reach 200W or more. Almost all PC components that are of equivalent specs consume less power than the enhanced consoles. Its one area where AMD has been severely lacking.

ProTrader

I am:
      ----

Steam ID: https://steamcommunity.com/id/prohalwa
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      30.36%
      Hi guyz,

I want to make a new(atleast current gen even if used) gaming desktop pc which is very efficient in energy consumption.. in 2013 i made a pc which had 2320 i5 sandy bridge, 4 gb ram and gtx 550 Ti.. it energy consumption was so ridiculously high that it costed more energy bills than my air conditioner.. not only that my Dad is strongly against building a pc because of previous failing in either getting good framerates because of sudden generation gap (graphical leap) my pc was left behind and also my gpu and motherboard died because of Rust and humidity. Also i had badnaam e zamana psu Coolermaster extreme 650w.. A very bad experience in which i earned nothing after spending upto 50k.
      Now i have been using normal laptops (cheapest ones) from used laptop markets.. But Gaming Laptops that are in used condition are not only ridiculously expensive but have numerous faults most common fault among used gaming laptops is psu and battery problem..
      So i've decided to try once again with advice from PakGamer brothers in building most energy efficient gaming pc that can run most current game at atleast 1600x900p with atleast 40, 50 or 60fps . If there is any electrical engineer having knowledge about computer power consumption and how to get most out of hardware without consuming much wattage then it would be very nice. Please help me in building cheap and affordable energy efficient gaming Desktop PC.

If you're in a rush i'd say GTX 1660 or 1660Ti would be the best energy efficient gpu for you atm (if you want the most in this TDP Range). However, like as iampasha said, if you wait there might be even better options for you when Nvidia rolls out its 7nm architecture gpus.

To further save up your electricity bill costs you could use solar panels. That way you could even use your computer in electricity load shedding or power breakdown.
      You can certainly make a decent energy efficient system. It all depends on your budget and performance requirements.

PG Veteran

I am:
      Stressed

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      63.57%
      Quote Originally Posted by speedstr View Post
      If you're in a rush i'd say GTX 1660 or 1660Ti would be the best energy efficient gpu for you atm (if you want the most in this TDP Range). However, like as iampasha said, if you wait there might be even better options for you when Nvidia rolls out its 7nm architecture gpus.

To further save up your electricity bill costs you could use solar panels. That way you could even use your computer in electricity load shedding or power breakdown.
      You can certainly make a decent energy efficient system. It all depends on your budget and performance requirements.
      Currently i cannot afford gpu.. only thing i can buy is Ryzen 3000 series APU, Mobo, a good chassis and PSU.
      But my second biggest concern is Rust, Corrosion and Earthing/Grounding.. I had cheap chassis for My PC named "Legend" i think. And that casing had Delta psu 400w costed only 1500rs in 2013.. but that casing had poor placement for PCI cards and PCI GPUS.. Earthing was biggest and main issue, not only that My PC that i build only lasted 3 yrs, all thing inside my pc casing were dead except 2ndGen i5 Processor.
      So this time I want to have such chassis that not only protect PC components from Rust, Humidity and Corrosion but also it should be shock proof.. I think the main thing that killed my GPU was earthing.. I used to plug pc's hdmi with my TV but when someone uses switch boards nearby i noticed Black Screen flickering on TV, it was very weird and i couldn't understand what is causing it? I think Earthing might the reason.
      So Now I want to know Which is Better Chassis for my Pc and How to protect it from Humidity?

PG Veteran

I am:
      Stressed

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      63.57%
      Please Tell me which chassis is best for protection from Rust, Corrosion, Humidity and Earthing? How to make PC that is not only shock-proof but also better against rust and humidity?

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Stressed

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      20.16%
      Please Tell me which chassis is best for protection from Rust, Corrosion, Humidity and Earthing? How to make PC that is not only shock-proof but also better against rust and humidity?

You have to search Google for that. Also you can't do much about humidity unless you get a dehumidifier for your room.

Sent from Mobile
      Last edited by iampasha; 28-12-19 at 07:32 AM.

PG Superstar

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      72.81%
      Please tell me that which is the best PSU for energy efficiency and lowest electricity bills.. i live in the area where electricity bills are very high due to meter charging twice thrice units.. so my biggest concern is wattage consumption..
      Currently i think Ryzen 3200g can fulfill my needs since i just want to game on atleast 900p and that apu is playing most games at 50 to 60fps at medium settings. This type of apu can help me waiting for gtx 1050 or middle-end gpus.. So which PSU is best and will help me saving electricity bills while I can enjoy my gaming hobby in PC. My Dad prefers Laptop because of low power consumption but Gaming Laptops are ridiculous expensive, over-priced and since most of them are used Shopkeepers have priced it however they like even if they are very defective.. why would i pay so much for defective pieces.
      That's why i want to build very energy efficient pc which will consume very less electricity so i can save electricity bills.
      install a solar panel on top of your house like we have done and you wont have to worry about electricity bills .