I am:
      ----

MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      45.61%

Want to buy samsung A50 but confused about PTA stuff

So its been a while since I purchased a new phone, and I keep hearing about how it needs to be PTA approved or it'll be locked down. My budget is around 40-50K, and I've settled on the samsung galaxy A50 (unless someone has a better suggestion).

When I purchase this phone, how will I know if its PTA approved or not? AFAIK I'm supposed to send a text to some no. to register it, will that work with the A50? Basically, I know nothing about this, lol.

Thanks!

Global Moderator
      Global Moderator

I am:
      Busy

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      69.14%
      Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent View Post
      So its been a while since I purchased a new phone, and I keep hearing about how it needs to be PTA approved or it'll be locked down. My budget is around 40-50K, and I've settled on the samsung galaxy A50 (unless someone has a better suggestion).

When I purchase this phone, how will I know if its PTA approved or not? AFAIK I'm supposed to send a text to some no. to register it, will that work with the A50? Basically, I know nothing about this, lol.

Thanks!
      Easiest thing to do would be to buy the A50 with official warranty. It will either be from GreenTech, M&P or AirLink.

When you buy with official warranty, it has been legally imported to Pakistan, so all customs duties and PTA fees are included in the price that you pay.

The box will have a silver sticker saying Samsung Official Product on it and a PTA Approval sticker on the bottom and maybe one on the back of the box as well.

The bottom of the box will also have the IMEI printed there, make sure to check that IMEI on the PTA DIRBS website, or you can text it to 8484.

A50 is a dual SIM phone so it will have two IMEI numbers. Make sure to check them both and ensure both are approved.

If you're in Islamabad, the official Samsung Store would be the Samsung Hero Store in F-7, you can find it on Google Maps.
      Likes Fluorescent liked this post
      Thanks Fluorescent thanked for this post

On Training

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      45.61%
      Thank you very much, this solves all my problems!

PG Newbie

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      7.9%
      I dont know why would anyone prefer Samsung A50 over Xiaomi Mi 9T. I mean I can understand for A51 but not A50.

Btw A50s with local warranties are pta approved most of the times.