In Love

MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      18.54%

Redmi Note 8 Pro vs Realme 5 Pro

Assalam o Alaikum,
      I am thinking of upgrading my Mobile Phone. Currently I am using Realme 3. I have a very tight budget of 43k. There are two mobiles that comes to mind, Realme 5 Pro and Redmi Note 8 Prob but I am unable to make final decision.

Redmi Note 8 has 64 MP Samsung Camera Sensor, Powerful CPU&GPU and better design but again Samsung Camera sensor are not very good and Also Mediatek tends to slow down over time.

But Realme 5 Pro has Snapdragon 712 and Sony IMax Sensor and also extra 2 GB of RAM.

Please share your opinions and suggestions.

Thanks

(Everytime I don't consult you guys, I end up buying piece of crap. Your reviews and expert opinions really helps me. Thanks again.)

Global Moderator
      Global Moderator

I am:
      Busy

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      74.22%
      Quote Originally Posted by waqar bukhari View Post
      Assalam o Alaikum,
      I am thinking of upgrading my Mobile Phone. Currently I am using Realme 3. I have a very tight budget of 43k. There are two mobiles that comes to mind, Realme 5 Pro and Redmi Note 8 Prob but I am unable to make final decision.

Redmi Note 8 has 64 MP Samsung Camera Sensor, Powerful CPU&GPU and better design but again Samsung Camera sensor are not very good and Also Mediatek tends to slow down over time.

But Realme 5 Pro has Snapdragon 712 and Sony IMax Sensor and also extra 2 GB of RAM.

Please share your opinions and suggestions.

Thanks

(Everytime I don't consult you guys, I end up buying piece of crap. Your reviews and expert opinions really helps me. Thanks again.)
      Stay away from MediaTek phones. Terrible performance and crap dev support.

Realme 5 Pro is the clear winner here. Even has a few custom ROMs available if you're into that.
      Likes FuriousNinja liked this post

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Cool

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      8.3%
      Quote Originally Posted by murtaza12 View Post
      Stay away from MediaTek phones. Terrible performance and crap dev support.

Realme 5 Pro is the clear winner here. Even has a few custom ROMs available if you're into that.
      Is it the reason Redmi note pro is being sold for 35-37k new or almost brand new in used ?

BTW this new Mediatek process G90T is very powerful and not every one need dev support for custom roms. I left it long ago.

Global Moderator
      Global Moderator

I am:
      Busy

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      74.22%
      Quote Originally Posted by smaaz View Post
      Is it the reason Redmi note pro is being sold for 35-37k new or almost brand new in used ?

BTW this new Mediatek process G90T is very powerful and not every one need dev support for custom roms. I left it long ago.
      I was also curious as to why RN8 Pro was being sold for 35k until I checked that there was no Snapdragon variant and it's being offered in MTK only.

It may be powerful in benchmarks, but poor optimization and a bad reputation for MTK result in nobody wanting to buy the phone.

I've recommended Redmi Note series in the past, but I wouldn't recommend this one.

King Of The Kings

I am:
      In Love

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      18.54%
      Thanks for your opinion. I will keep it in mind.

I am not into Rooting and stuff, at least not for One Year.
      Currently I am on Realme-3. It has helio p60 and performance is pretty good though I hate Color OS and Camera UI+Quality. Display is also pathetic.

But Redmi Note 8 Pro has very powerful GPU and in PUBG it supports HDR+Ultra w.o any gfx tool. And Game Performance is also very well Balanced as per some reviews on youtube.

Some Youtubers are totally praising Redmi Note 8 pro while some are saying it heats up and 64 MP is no more than a gimmick.

I myself is more inclined towards Realme 5 Pro basically due to efficiency of SD712 and better Camera Sensor though its sensor pixel count is less but Sony sensor has proven to be better as compared to Samsung Sensor.

Only thing I don't like about Realme is Color OS, very mediocre Camera App and it Colour Options. Neither Green nor Blue attracts me.
      Last edited by waqar bukhari; 22-11-19 at 04:22 PM.

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Cool

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      8.3%
      @wakar bukhari bro Ive seen tons of reviews about RN 8 Pro, look for 1 or 2 months usage reviews, it has liquid cooling and recent MTK processors are not half bad you are using one yourself

Only thing that worries me is the resale, its already being sold for 35k 10/15 days used when Redmi phones holds value pretty good.

Miui wont he that different then colorOS but thing is realme phones dosnt click. Its shape the name it just dosnt click.

King Of The Kings

I am:
      In Love

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      18.54%
      Quote Originally Posted by smaaz View Post
      @wakar bukhari bro Ive seen tons of reviews about RN 8 Pro, look for 1 or 2 months usage reviews, it has liquid cooling and recent MTK processors are not half bad you are using one yourself

Only thing that worries me is the resale, its already being sold for 35k 10/15 days used when Redmi phones holds value pretty good.

Miui wont he that different then colorOS but thing is realme phones dosnt click. Its shape the name it just dosnt click.
      Indeed I don't care about resale.

TECHICAL NOOB

I am:
      Fine

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      19.63%
      I have bought redmi note 8 pro (6/64) few days ago... and i m very satisfied using it ... specially its battery and charging time is more good than i had expected....
      gaming I haven't played any but before buying I'd checked its gaming performance on youtube.. it plays PUBG on HIGH setting without any lag...
      its design and color are very attractive
      in short no regret found after buying it..