• Pensive
  • Roflol
  • Sad
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Yeehaw
  • Likes Likes:  0
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving back to Pakistan -- Question related to bringing my gaming PC

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Pensive

MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      59.68%
      Quote Originally Posted by Long Coast View Post
      Will this work for both PC+Monitor? I've never used it before. How many hours does the battery last?
      Yes it'll work for both. Computer UPS do not provide long backup time. They are designed to protect your computer from short term voltage changes and to provide just enough time to save files and shutdown the PC in the event of a mains powerloss. So let's say 10-15 minutes backup time.

For long backup time look at home inverters and generators once you get to Pakistan. Home inverters are also called UPS here but they have a different purpose than a computer UPS. Home inverters usually can't switch to backup power quick enough to keep a computer running uninterrupted, they don't have an internal battery but instead are designed to work with external batteries and they may not have AVR either. Home inverters/ups are for the entire house not for individual appliances. Usually they are combined with cheap lead acid batteries that are not safe to use indoors. So they are placed outdoors.

Global Moderator
      Moderator PC Hardware

I am:
      Fine

PSN ID: nafu Steam ID: The N
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      21.49%
      Most Power Supplies cover both ends, 110v and 240v, there should be no problem with that. However, we still don't know about his PSU's model. OP needs to check specifications on the box and psu label.

King Of The Kings

I am:
      Stressed

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      77.39%
      Depending on your power supply, the fluctuations can be easily handled. A premium power supply almost never gets compromised by anything like that. Any damage will never be transferred to other components, that's something covered under standard set of protections.

I have used good PSUs under such conditions and they even give some momentary cover in case of fluctuations. The premium ones even offer voltage stabilization in very low voltage scenarios. I had seen the low voltage scenario many times due to a Pakistani non-standard UPS with no low voltage cut off, bad regulation, harmonics and noise. My premium PSU conquers them all with precision. It was an investment I laud even now, though it took quite a lot to actually spend the 17k at that time on just a 750W PSU.