• Pensive
  • Roflol
  • Sad
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Yeehaw
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FULL PC Upgrade: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, ASUS ROG X570 Crosshair VII Hero, G.Skill TridentZ Neo, Corsair MP600....

PG Rookie

I am:
      ----

MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      4.71%

FULL PC Upgrade: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, ASUS ROG X570 Crosshair VII Hero, G.Skill TridentZ Neo, Corsair MP600....

Assalam-o-alaikum guys,

My last PC upgrade was 6 years ago, an i5 3570K and ASUS mATX board coz I couldn't afford an i7 or a full ATX gaming board. I've been a PC enthusiast since I was a kid but never had FU money to get the latest & greatest, while I still don't have that kinda money , alhamdolillah I managed to upgrade my PC at last. I bought most of the parts from U.S. as they were too expensive here and got it across through family. It was very difficult to get a 3900X since it was sold out at launch everywhere. 3rd party sellers were selling it at a huge margin at eBay, well above $800-1100. Same with RAM, only G.Skill had their fastest memories on QVLs of X570 motherboards and their TridentZ Neo lineup had kits with 16GB per stick at 3600 Mhz, that too at CL16 all the way (16-16-16-36) at 1.35v certified to work with 3rd Gen Ryzen, so it was sold out everywhere or sold at a huge markup. But somehow I managed to get all things here alhamdolillah and assembled it two weeks ago. I wish you guys get an even better PC than this but to me this is a dream PC alhamdolillah and it absolutely chews up everything I throw at it, masha Allah.

Parts List:

AMD RYZEN 9 3900X 12-Core 3.8 GHz (4.6 GHz Max Boost) with Wraith Prism Cooler
      ASUS ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero ATX Motherboard with PCIe 4.0, 2.5Gbps LAN, Dual M.2, USB 3.2 Gen 2
      G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 32GB (2 x 16GB) RGB DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Timing 16-16-16-36, CAS Latency 16, Voltage 1.35V (F4-3600C16D-32GTZN)
      Corsair Force MP600 1TB PCI-E Gen 4.0 (4950 MB/s Reads) x4 NVMe 3D TLC SSD (CSSD-F1000GBMP600)
      Seagate Barracuda 4TB & Seagate Archive 8TB (from old PC)
      MSI GTX 1070 AERO ITX 8GB OC
      Elgato HD60 Pro
      Cooler Master M2 Silent Pro 850 Watt PSU (from old PC)
      Cooler Master H500P Mesh
      SteelSeries Arctis Pro+Game DAC

My rationale for parts choice:
      CPU: I went with AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen coz in reviews it scored better than Intel in content creation and was very close to Intel in gaming. 3900X was a great value at that price point for 12 cores & 24 threads. I wanted a 360 AIO but the reviews for Wraith Prism vs 360 AIO showed not much of a difference in temps, so it saved me some cash there, in my experience it keeps the 3900X at 15-18C above ambient at idle which is good by me.
      Motherboard: I took Der8auer's recommendation and went with Crosshair VIII Hero. Der8auer said Asrock's Taichi was best value but ASUS's Crosshair is better for OC coz of its VRM was more efficient in power delivery and has better overclocking potential or the potential of powering 3950X when it launches. I'm not gonna OC it but better VRM means that at stock speeds, the CPU is not going to be starved and the VRMs would be running cooler.
      RAM: 4 sticks of ARGB RAM look nice visually but since both the AM4 CPUs and motherboards don't support quad channel, so I went with 2 sticks of the biggest and fastest RAM I could find. Der8auer showed that 2x16 performed better than 4x8 of equally specced RAMs on X570 boards. I'm running mine at 3733Mhz at CL16 1.35v with FCLK at 1866 1:1 which is the sweet spot of AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen.
      SSD: I chose Gen4 NVMe coz it was only $40-$50 more expensive than Samsung 970 EVO Plus at that time and IF someday in future I wanted to Play, Capture & Stream from the same drive, there would not be any bottleneck, I tested it and it was flawless.
      GPU: My choice of GPU is pretty simple, I went broke upgrading the rest so just got a 1070 and this particular card is an ITX form factor so it does not cover the chipset fan of motherboard but it is full specced and OC model with full 1070 performance and runs cool (review).
      Case: I wanted H500M case coz of better ARGB fans and I/O but couldn't find any in Pakistan so got the next best thing H500P Mesh.
      Headphones: By far the best headphones on the market for gaming and critical listening. Rated #1 by rtings.com, check the table at the bottom of the page. In my experience, these are super crisp & clear in games with amazing precision of footsteps and gunshots that give you real advantage in games and its amazingly good in music & movies. For the games that support DTS-X or Dolby ATMOS, its a different experience with these headphones. I have started collecting FLACs coz the Hi-Res audio certified DAC in these is on another level, I highly recommend these.

My experience with this new system:
      This Gen4 NVMe is crazy fast, Windows installation took few seconds, the screen changed so fast. I would select options and it would ask next options and then windows is done. In games, there is zero load times, even within chapters of Gears 5. In Gears 5 or Forza Horizon 4 running at 4K 60FPS at Ultra settings, the CPU was at 28% while GPU was at full load. It absolutely chews through Premiere Pro exports, masha Allah. I'm still in the process of setting up my whole setup and streamlining my workflow to get the most out of this beast but I'm happy that everything worked out of the box alhamdolillah and it exceeded my expectations, otherwise it would have been an expensive mess. I have two Aura Sync ARGB strips on order for inetrior lighting of the case and in future I might upgrade to any of the Super cards from Nvidia depending on the budget but that will require saving a lot of pennies .

I'm sure I have missed out and messed up a ton of info, so feel free to correct me, for others sake as well, and ask any questions if you think I can be of any help.

Pics (Please say masha Allah)

Last edited by Simonsayz; 19-10-19 at 09:35 PM.
      Likes hamza4best, Nomiforu, mbk99, coolerthannos liked this post

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Stressed

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:69141102
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      12.18%
      Sweet build! Congrats. BTW which headphones are those?

Sent from Mobile

PG Rookie

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      4.71%
      Quote Originally Posted by iampasha View Post
      Sweet build! Congrats. BTW which headphones are those?

Sent from Mobile
      Thank you and the headphones are SteelSeries Arctis Pro+Game DAC
      https://steelseries.com/gaming-heads...is-pro-gamedac

King Of The Kings

I am:
      Nerdy

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      43.27%
      Mashallah & congrats. Can you list the price of all the components?
      Btw it's unfortunate that you only had money left for a gtx 1070. For this build a 1080 would've really complimented the rest of the setup.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

PG Rookie

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      4.71%
      Quote Originally Posted by Nomiforu View Post
      Mashallah & congrats. Can you list the price of all the components?
      Btw it's unfortunate that you only had money left for a gtx 1070. For this build a 1080 would've really complimented the rest of the setup.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
      Most of it was bought from NewEgg at MSRP+Tax, just check their retail and add 8.25% Tax, the down side was that the dollar was 165 at that time so I had to pay that conversion rate, the PSU was from my old PC which was overkill for that so I carried it forward to new one it was 18000 when I bought it now it sells for 24000 new, if I had to buy a new one then I might have gone for a plat rated for power efficiency, the casing was 23500 from Shingtech, the 1070 costed me 34000 coz the seller said it came from abraod new but without a box, the PCIe pins on the card were intact and seemed brand new, I mostly work on video editing so 1070 works great as Premiere is mostly CPU centric and Elgato capture also uses CPU, and for games the 1070 runs great, I can run Gears 5, GTA V or Forza Horizon 4 at 4K 60 FPS at Ultra settings but for FPS games I mostly play on 1080p 120Hz so it works out great, my reason for upgrade would be if Nvidia relaeses a card with HDMI 2.1 output.

King Of The Kings

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      42.6%
      Mashallah nice build
      Did you import the gen 4 ssd yourself or through someone?

PG Rookie

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      4.71%
      Quote Originally Posted by umar2050 View Post
      Mashallah nice build
      Did you import the gen 4 ssd yourself or through someone?
      Bought it from Newegg then got it across through family.

Crit-Monster™

I am:
      Pensive

Gamertag: ASKnASK Steam ID: ASKnASK
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      51.25%
      Congrats. Overkill board though. Ryzen 3rd gen doesn't OC, and even if it did gen high-tier x470 board would have been more than enough.

I'd suggest upgrading that GPU. Doesn't really go with the rest of the components.

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Devilish

PSN ID: muhd86
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      33.77%
      how high have you over clocked the rams to . i was planning to get this mobo with a 3900x

Nikkon:-D7100 WITH 18-135MM / 50mm / 35mm & 70-200 /28-105 d

PG Rookie

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      4.71%
      Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sith View Post
      how high have you over clocked the rams to . i was planning to get this mobo with a 3900x
      The D.O.C.P. profile that mobo picks up from the RAMs is 3600 16-16-16-36 1.35v. The sweet spot for Ryzen 3rd Gen is 3733 Mhz so I just upped it a little bit to 3733 and FCLK to 1866 to match 1:1, the latency & votage stayed the same. I didn't OC it any further, waiting for my ML240P to do OC testing.

For 3900X or 3950X, this is the best board to get. 2nd choice would be Asrock Taichi which might be little bit cheaper and has 3rd M2 slot, but CH8 Hero has better VRM and power delivery. Both of these chips are such powerhouses and yes they OC fair bit, they have achieved an "all core" OC of 4.5 on 3900X, imagine 12 cores running at 4.5 EACH, and Gamers Nexus got to 5 GHz with LN2. While some would say that 3900X is "compatible" with X470, X370 or even B450, go for X570 which was "designed" to run these chips, Gigabyte's AORUS Master, Asrock's Taichi and ASUS's Crosshair VIII Hero are all great boards, I went with ASUS and I'm happy with my decision and I would recommend it to my friends. Best of luck with your build man.