On Training

I am:
      ----

MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      57.07%
      Dandruff is related to overgrowth of a fungus, Malassezia. The primary nutrient for this fungus is the oil your skin glands secrete. A lot of cosmetic oils can also serve as a food source for it.

Look for shampoos with zinc pyrithone (eg head and shoulders), selenium sulfide (selsun blue), ketoconazole (nizoral is 1% ketoconazole, theres another one that I can't remember the name of thats easily available in pakistan & has 2% ketoconazole).

I suggest buying that 2% ketoconazole one and using it for a week or two until the dandruff is under control. After that, shift to either head and shoulders or selsun blue, and use the keto shampoo once a week.

If your hair loss is genetic, oiling etc won't help. There are medications & surgeries for that. The medications are either ineffective, or effective but with potentially terrible side effects. Surgery is safe. Instead of looking for an immediate solution, sleep on this for a while, and meanwhile just try to keep your scalp healthy.

EDIT: the 2% ketoconazole shampoo is Conaz
      Last edited by Fluorescent; 12-10-19 at 11:49 AM.
      Likes murtaza12, rafay22 liked this post
      Thanks murtaza12, rafay22 thanked for this post

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Fine

PSN ID: xgMrAli
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      23.38%
      you might be developing seb dermatitis, You should see a dermatologist
      Thanks rafay22 thanked for this post

. . :::::TEH UNBOXER::::: . .

I am:
      Amused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      79.58%
      @Fluorescent Bro thank you for the detailed reply, makes sense, my question is that how I might know that my hairfall is genetic or not? Is there a test for that, in my family tree 0 people have hairfall on my mothers side (my nana is 90 years old and his hairs are unbeleivable literally 0% loss) but at my fathers side only one person (chachu) is not bald and everyone including my father is bald.
      My point is how do I know which hairfall way to go, should I be treating it with finnasteride/minoxidil side of things or with the other way around.

On Training

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      57.07%
      Quote Originally Posted by rafay22 View Post
      @Fluorescent Bro thank you for the detailed reply, makes sense, my question is that how I might know that my hairfall is genetic or not? Is there a test for that, in my family tree 0 people have hairfall on my mothers side (my nana is 90 years old and his hairs are unbeleivable literally 0% loss) but at my fathers side only one person (chachu) is not bald and everyone including my father is bald.
      My point is how do I know which hairfall way to go, should I be treating it with finnasteride/minoxidil side of things or with the other way around.
      You'll need to see a doctor for that, because there are multiple primary and secondary causes of hair loss.

I am:
      Amused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      79.58%
      Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent View Post
      You'll need to see a doctor for that, because there are multiple primary and secondary causes of hair loss.
      Already visited one, she just said take finnasteride and minoxidil, that is it.

On Training

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      57.07%
      That means she diagnosed androgenetic alopecia (ie the genetic one).

Did she counsel you on what to expect with these medications, both in terms of results and side effects? If she didn't, I suggest educating yourself (via the internet) before you make a decision. Finasteride is a problematic drug, and too many doctors in Pakistan are very trigger happy in prescribing medications.

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Bored

Gamertag: XxAcielxX Steam ID: XxAcielxX
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      29.98%
      For those suffering from head and hair issues (e.g dandruff, scalp itching/dryness, hair fall, hair thinning, baldness etc)

Ingredients:
      Aloe vera Gel 1 Tbsp
      Castor Oil 1 tsp
      Vitamin E Capsules x2 (Evion Vit. E Capsules 400mg)

Mixture:
      Peel the Aloe vera (approx 3-4 inches long), extract the gel with the help of a spoon. Take a bowl, add the gel, castor oil and capsule oil (cut the top end and squeeze the oil). Mix all 3 ingredients very well with a spoon with least lumps.

Application:
      Apply the mixture ONLY on the scalp and roots. Do not apply on any other area as hair will start to grow there too. (Kindly use glove while applying & massaging)

Give light/soft massage to the scalp by using finger tips in circular motion for 3-5 minutes.

Keep the applied mixture on head for 3-6 hours. Wash with mild shampoo. Then rinse the hair with luke warm water.

Duration:
      For first two months, strictly apply twice a week every week.
      Lastly last month, once a week only..

Hassle free, odour free, less time consuming, drastic scalp itch and dandruff reduction, best hair regrowth and easy to use DIY Formula [emoji16]

Review:
      My family member has been using it for 2 months. Result is excellent! Scalp itch and dandruff drastically lessened. Hair grew by 4 inches approx. New hair is like baby soft, which smell pleasant. Overall, happily satisfying formula.

Sent from my OnePlus 5 using Tapatalk
      IPTorrents Status: Anime Uploader

I am:
      Amused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      79.58%
      Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent View Post
      That means she diagnosed androgenetic alopecia (ie the genetic one).

Did she counsel you on what to expect with these medications, both in terms of results and side effects? If she didn't, I suggest educating yourself (via the internet) before you make a decision. Finasteride is a problematic drug, and too many doctors in Pakistan are very trigger happy in prescribing medications.
      Sorry for the late reply, she said that the side effects were only seen by 3% of the people, I don't believe her, regardless I am not interested in taking a medicine. However I have bought minoxidil spray recently and was wondering if you know anything about it, one of my friend has recently started taking it and he is saying that he is experiencing accelerated hair fall with it which worries me. I thought minoxidil only sheds the hair it re grows other than the hair that are already ok :/

On Training

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      57.07%
      Quote Originally Posted by rafay22 View Post
      Sorry for the late reply, she said that the side effects were only seen by 3% of the people, I don't believe her, regardless I am not interested in taking a medicine. However I have bought minoxidil spray recently and was wondering if you know anything about it, one of my friend has recently started taking it and he is saying that he is experiencing accelerated hair fall with it which worries me. I thought minoxidil only sheds the hair it re grows other than the hair that are already ok :/
      Each hair follicle on your scalp grows a hair (growth phase), and eventually sheds it to regrow a new one. The shedding isn't synchronized, so at any given time, the %age of hair in the shedding phase is quite small.

In androgenetic alopecia, a hormone called DHT (dihydrotestosterone) gradually destroys your hair follicles. The hair follicles get smaller, the hair they produce get smaller and thinner, until the follicle is destroyed to the point where it cant produce hair anymore.

The exact mechanism of how minoxidil increases hair growth is unknown, but amongst its actions are an increase in local blood flow, which helps hair grow. It also shifts hair from the shedding phase to the growth phase, but this involves simultaneous shedding of all hair that is close to the shedding phase. Hence its normal to experience increased hair loss when you first start minoxidil. All the hair lost will regrow, and more, and it'll be stronger than before.

However, minoxidil doesnt do anything to the DHT attacking the hair follicles. Eventually, follicles become damaged to the point where they cant grow hair even with minoxidil, ie, minoxidil will eventually stop working.

If your friend quits minoxidil at any point, he's going to very rapidly lose all the hair that was there due to minoxidil.

Otherwise minoxidil is generally a very safe drug with minimal side effects.

Finasteride is the drug that prevents the formation of DHT. DHT is an incredibly important hormone for men. While the 3% incidence is correct, the side effects are of a very serious nature (mainly sexual and neuropsychiatric), and for around 25% of people, side effects are permanent / long lasting even after discontinuing the drug.

The best bet is, imo, a hair transplant.
      Likes rafay22 liked this post

PG Newbie

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      14.7%
      To be honest, I don't believe in medicated shampoos. Modern technology cannot add herbs to the washing solution in such a way that their therapeutic effect is preserved. The smell of flavoring, the color of the dye. Thank you, I don't want this anymore)) I try to be less nervous, using natural oils (cannabidiol). This is enough for ordinary life. If I see a bald spot in the mirror once, then I will go to the clinic..