MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      23.7%

Planing Turkey Visit

Hi all,

I am planing a visit to Turkey with my wife in Oct InshaAllah for 14 days
      I have been researching here n there and would like detailed guide, yet to decide travel itinerary but will be visiting Instanbul for most days then by overnight bus to Pamukkale, Antalya and Cappadocia and then by flight back to Islamabad if possible directly.
      I recently read thread of someone here about Marmaris, dont know if I can fit that in but all summer activities would have ended by the time I visit there.
      As I have read public transport system of Instanbul is quite good so will be using that with Instanbul Kart in Instanbul but what to do for other cities esp for to and from airport, would stay at economical hotels or Air bnb
      I'd like suggestions for everything including how much cost to estimate for food, travel, accommodation etc
      How much cash to keep, if I should use debit card to withdraw or carry cash, if lira is available locally, if I should involve agent or not as I heard they get discounted rates for flights and hotels, currently not thinking about any guided tours but should I?
      how much would the activities cost like bosphorous cruise, air balloon ride, etc
      Which places to visit in each city, do's and dont's
      currently thinking about blue mosque, aya sophia, topkapi palace, grand bazar etc
      Also most importantly which area to select to stay in each city for easy access to most things and be economical too.
      Thank you all for your time

@Major Aly @haroonshaikh @Jshak @Fahad007 @edward

Revolution!
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Yeehaw

Gamertag: synsyteraly PSN ID: ViciousAly Steam ID: majoraly
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      75.17%
      You can find most details here, by other posters as well:
      https://www.pakgamers.com/forums/sho...ghlight=Turkey

The recent persons who visited Turkey that I know of can help you as well: @IzHee @Jshak
      Likes gamer11 liked this post

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Stressed

PSN ID: IzHee Steam ID: IzHee_96
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      30.16%
      I went to Istanbul on last month on July 20th left on 3rd August so around 14 days.
      I joined a summer school program, did a short study course (Intercultural communication) from Istanbul Aydin University.
      Visa cost was around 17k for me. Applied through Gerry's office. 14k visa and other + 3K for Medical Insurance which they forced us to buy.
      I had around 3000TL in my hands and it wasn't enough for me for 14 days.
      I spent majority of it on food. Souvenirs, different kind of tea. I chose not to do any kind of shopping for clothes and stuff.
      By the last day I only had 70TL left, 50 was used on a taxi to the airport. We were 3 so we split the fare. Taxi would charge 150 for going to the airport.
      Used metro since it's way cheaper, avoid taxis unless no other option is left. City transport like trams are usually not operational after 12AM so keep that in mind.

So before you go to Turkey, make sure you keep the following in your mind:
      • Get your currency exchanged from Pakistan. Never get it exchanged from Istanbul airport, their rates are ridiculously high. I got 2560TL in exchange of sr2000. I could get around 2950-3000TL if i got them exchanged from Pakistan or within Istanbul. Tried two branches of Western Union in Lahore and they didn't had any TL.
      • Don't expect the locals to speak any English. I only ran into a few of them who knew a bit of English or Arabic so they proved helpful but keep Google Translate in your Phone installed.
      • For Data Sim, I chose Turkcell as it's the best one, cheap and with 4.5G (if your phone supports, i got over 200Mbps down on my P20 Pro). I bought it from the airport, the tourist package 20GB and 200 local call minutes for 230TL. The website said 150TL but everything is just super expensive at the airport.
      • Save City maps offline just in case you can't get any SIM.
      • You need to get Istanbul Metro Kart from one of the Kiosk/Vending. The card itself was around 5-7TL (not sure) as it was provided to us by the University's volunteers. We recharged around 40TL into the Metro card. We took a bus from IGA-Istanbul International( The new and biggest airport in the world right now) to Yenibosna, that's where they dropped us into the city right next to a Metro Bus Station. The trip was around 18.80TL each person. From there we took Metro to our stop near our Hostel and University which was Besyol, nice and quite place with no tourists around. Make sure your bags aren't too heavy since some metro stations only have stairs. Besyol is on the Middle of the European side with a beach nearby. MetroBus charges you 3.80TL for each swipe and if your ride was short you can get refund at you destination station by just swiping cards on the kiosks.
      • You can find a hotel around Taksim Square but that place is expensive, gets really crowded around 5-6PM and stays crowded even after midnight.
      • Turkish Food is just amazing and i loved trying mostly local food. Avoided any food that I could easily find in KSA or Pakistan. Food is cheap if you stay away from fancy restaurants. They Usually charge you 50-70TL for a single meal, whereas most local places were much cheaper.
      • Some may find Turkish food bland, tasteless as they don't like spices that much, but I loved everything they had to offer. Doner kebaps (Lamb+Beef >>>> Chicken), Iskender Kebap, Adana Kebap (BBQ Seekh kebabs of lamb and they're amazing) also sidenote, Meat = Et, Fish = Balik, and Chicken = Tavuk.
      • We went to a lot of different places I'll name down a few:
      • Koc Museum: Lots of Vintage cars, bikes,boats, Industrial stuff, tams and everything.
      • Isfanbul Theme Park(Tema park): Lots of rides, a huge mall for shopping with almost every brand you can find.
      • Uskudar Sahil(Beach): Perfect for watching sunset, having Cayi (Tea) especially Apple Tea (Elma Cayi). You can also have sheesha(Nargile), sit on Majlis, or on chair and just watch the sunset, the sky scrappers.
      • Bosphorus trip: Usually these are crowded but our University booked a whole wedding cruise ship for ourselves. Everyone ate, danced and stuff. Ride was long. I'm not exactly sure how much they cost but there are night cruise ones as well. Taking a ride during sunset would be great, some even have traditional dance performances on board. I think they are for 20-50TL I'm not exactly sure about this.
      • Topkapi Palace: Strategically positioned palace with a view of the sea and all the ships going in and out. Lots of historical things in there. Belongings of Prophet P.B.U.H, Portraits of Sultans, Library, amazing view of the sea and the city and more to see.
      • Hagia Sophia: Some part of it is under renovation but you can still visit and see everything, Must visit place imo.
      • Sultanahmet Mosque (Blue Mosque): We couldn't visit it, they said it was under renovation or something and I was very disappointed by this.
      • Istiklal Street(Near Taksim Square): Pretty famous, lots of shops, restaurants, clubs.
      • Besiktas: I went there on a hunt of a famous Doner place which was closed because Sunday, also Turkish Youth prefer to hangout here rather than Istiklal Street because Istiklal is mostly crowded with Tourists. Lots of Pubs and bars in this area and I felt very uncomfortable just because of that, battery died and i was alone that day so had to find a metro station to go back to our place.
      • Ferry ride to Islands: So there are four Islands, Buyukuda is Touristy, crowded and expensive. I went to Heybeliada, I saw some tourist coming in with their luggage so there might be some hotels there. The place had horse carriage rides which was really expensive or you could rent out a bicycle. Eat, go to the beach and stuff.
      • Aqua Florya: A mall located close to our Hostel,it was next to a beach, lots of restaurants, a view of the beach and sunset.
      • Istanbul Akuaryum(Aquarium): First time to any aquarium so I kinda enjoyed it, Lots of different species, Stingrays, sharks, Penguins and more.
      • Fatih Street: Lots of cheaper shops compared to most places.
      • Fatih Mosque: Located on Fatih Street and it was pretty like every other mosque in Turkey.
      • Galata Tower: Make sure you visit it before 8PM. 8:30 is their closing time but weren't letting anyone in after 8PM but we still managed. 35TL each.
      • Grand Bazaar: Nothing to buy here, everything is way too overpriced, same shirt in the city costs 30-50, whereas in Grand Bazaar it's for 350-450.
      • Egyptian Market: Mostly spices, renovated, smaller than Grand Bazaar.

If you need any other kind of help you can mention me here and I'll respond, i don't visit PG now so just mention me, I'll get an email notification for that.
      Also buy tickets already and book hotels if you can, tickets would be much much cheaper, don't be like our stupid University that bought our tickets 1 day before our flight and we had to pay 40K more over what we had already paid.
      Likes shad0w, gamer11, AchtungPakhtoon liked this post
      Thanks gamer11, AchtungPakhtoon thanked for this post

<a href=http://www.pakgamers.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic96369_2.gif target=_blank>http://www.pakgamers.com/forums/sign...pic96369_2.gif</a>
      #InNaNowWeTrust #InInf3rnoWeBelive

PG Pioneers
      PG PIONEERING MEMBER

I am:
      Busy

Gamertag: Jayshack PSN ID: Jayshack
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      92.82%
      Well, I am mostly available on calls/whatsapp and facebook. Well I can give you a detailed understanding in an about Turkey. Can also link you to someone reliable there. If you can spare a call, will be glad sharing all about it.
      Been to Turkey like 30 times and a few pg members are there as well there. So u might enjoy with them if you like to meet em

- - - Updated - - -

Can guide you out on call bro
      Quote Originally Posted by gamer11 View Post
      Hi all,

I am planing a visit to Turkey with my wife in Oct InshaAllah for 14 days
      I have been researching here n there and would like detailed guide, yet to decide travel itinerary but will be visiting Instanbul for most days then by overnight bus to Pamukkale, Antalya and Cappadocia and then by flight back to Islamabad if possible directly.
      I recently read thread of someone here about Marmaris, dont know if I can fit that in but all summer activities would have ended by the time I visit there.
      As I have read public transport system of Instanbul is quite good so will be using that with Instanbul Kart in Instanbul but what to do for other cities esp for to and from airport, would stay at economical hotels or Air bnb
      I'd like suggestions for everything including how much cost to estimate for food, travel, accommodation etc
      How much cash to keep, if I should use debit card to withdraw or carry cash, if lira is available locally, if I should involve agent or not as I heard they get discounted rates for flights and hotels, currently not thinking about any guided tours but should I?
      how much would the activities cost like bosphorous cruise, air balloon ride, etc
      Which places to visit in each city, do's and dont's
      currently thinking about blue mosque, aya sophia, topkapi palace, grand bazar etc
      Also most importantly which area to select to stay in each city for easy access to most things and be economical too.
      Thank you all for your time

@Major Aly @haroonshaikh @Jshak @Fahad007 @edward
      Likes shad0w, gamer11 liked this post

Spoiler: show

- Urgent Matters Email: jshak@pakgamers.com or 0323-2653947 /USA Number : +15163237890/+15162251201 Replies may be delayed- Use call to contact ( whatsapp ). Skype : junnaidebay

ReAl PaK GaMeR

I am:
      Cool

PSN ID: mohisn781
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      50.72%