• Amused
  • Angry
  • Bored
  • Busy
  • Cheeky
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Devilish
  • Fine
  • Hacker
  • Happy
  • In Love
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Nerdy
  • Pensive
  • Roflol
  • Sad
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Yeehaw
  • Results 1 to 7 of 7

    Thread: Block Netflix on TP-LINK router

    1. #1
      PG Darth Vader

      I am:
      Confused
       
      Gamertag: DeAdlYxDeMoN97 PSN ID: DeAdlYxDeMoN97
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      140
      Daily Activity
      728.57%
      Lv. Percent
      38.96%

      Block Netflix on TP-LINK router

      Assalamu Alaikum.
      So, I have this problem that my younger siblings keep streaming movies and series and even though I did delete the Netflix app, they installed it back and know the login credentials. The thing is the account is not mine and I can't really ask the owner to change the password cause it'll affect a lot people.
      That's why I was hoping if there is a way of blocking the app/app's traffic on router. I couldn't find anything useful on the internet.

      Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

    2. #2
      Global Moderator
        murtaza12's Avatar
      Global Moderator

      I am:
      Busy
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      10,281
      Daily Activity
      728.57%
      Lv. Percent
      26.25%
      Quote Originally Posted by wasifhassan97 View Post
      Assalamu Alaikum.
      So, I have this problem that my younger siblings keep streaming movies and series and even though I did delete the Netflix app, they installed it back and know the login credentials. The thing is the account is not mine and I can't really ask the owner to change the password cause it'll affect a lot people.
      That's why I was hoping if there is a way of blocking the app/app's traffic on router. I couldn't find anything useful on the internet.

      Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
      Would be very difficult to block it on a simple consumer router.

      There may be a different solution that you could try. What device is it?

    3. #3
      PG Darth Vader

      I am:
      Confused
       
      Gamertag: DeAdlYxDeMoN97 PSN ID: DeAdlYxDeMoN97
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      140
      Daily Activity
      728.57%
      Lv. Percent
      38.96%
      Quote Originally Posted by murtaza12 View Post
      Would be very difficult to block it on a simple consumer router.

      There may be a different solution that you could try. What device is it?
      Well It's a phone.
      I once tried blocking Youtube on specific devices and it worked although I don't remember how I did that. It was sort of hard for me since I'm not much of a computer geek

      Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

    4. #4
      Global Moderator
        murtaza12's Avatar
      Global Moderator

      I am:
      Busy
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      10,281
      Daily Activity
      728.57%
      Lv. Percent
      26.25%
      Quote Originally Posted by wasifhassan97 View Post
      Well It's a phone.
      I once tried blocking Youtube on specific devices and it worked although I don't remember how I did that. It was sort of hard for me since I'm not much of a computer geek

      Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
      Blocking YouTube is easy, but Netflix uses so many hostnames and IPs, it would be quite hard to block all of them.

      If they're not tech savvy enough to notice a new DNS being used, then you can sign up for NextDNS, customise the DNS server however you want, to block ads, social media, whatever you want and then set the phone to use that DNS server.

      https://www.nextdns.io

    5. #5
      L33T

      I am:
      Bored
       
      Gamertag: xstrike9999 Steam ID: xstrike9999
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      206
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      46.39%
      Set up parental controls on the phone maybe?

    6. #6
      Green Beret

      I am:
      ----
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      129
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      62.39%
      Hello!


      Apart from the suggestions above ... see if your router supports Gargoyle firmware ... https://www.gargoyle-router.com ... if it does, then, you are in luck as you can set bandwidth quotas ... can also schedule web access ... https://raisedbyturtles.org/limiting...on-home-router ... alongwith more robust options for blocking certain domains if needed!

      Hope this helps!


      Regards,
      Ahmed
      Likes murtaza12, wasifhassan97, ayub liked this post
      Thanks murtaza12 thanked for this post
       

    7. #7
      Crit-Monster™

      I am:
      Pensive
       
      Gamertag: ASKnASK Steam ID: ASKnASK
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      10,897
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      24.31%
      Go into the app settings, disable the internet permission. Open app, select don't ask again if it asks for internet.

     

     

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    All times are GMT +5. The time now is 03:20 PM.


    Back to Top Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
    Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
    Copyright © 2018 PakGamers. All rights reserved.