Fine

PSN ID: Sherez965 Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Sherez965/
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      96.2%

Bringing a phone from abroad.

I've recently purchased an S10+ from abroad and I was wondering if the registration would be required? My friend has brought in an Iphone X a couple weeks ago from UAE and he didn't need to register or do anything and the Sim works, The handset would be in hand and not in the box, If registrations/taxes aren't going to be needed, what about the sim card? Will it work?
      Draw not your bow,till your arrow is fixed

Global Moderator
      Global Moderator

I am:
      Busy

Daily Activity
      4285.71%
      Lv. Percent
      29.89%
      Quote Originally Posted by SherazMnM View Post
      I've recently purchased an S10+ from abroad and I was wondering if the registration would be required? My friend has brought in an Iphone X a couple weeks ago from UAE and he didn't need to register or do anything and the Sim works, The handset would be in hand and not in the box, If registrations/taxes aren't going to be needed, what about the sim card? Will it work?
      Your friends iPhone X is working now, and will continue to do so for 60 days, after which it will get blocked and he will have to pay for registration.

Same applies to your S10+. Register it with PTA or it'll get blocked after 2 months.

I AM AWESOME

I am:
      Innocent

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      39.76%
      Don't bring any phones from abroad. All phones will get blocked after 2 months of first use in Pakistan. You would have to pay an absurd amount of tax for it (50k+). I'm not kidding.

Previously it was allowed to register one phone free of cost, but even that's not possible anymore.
      100% Honesty

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Fine

PSN ID: Mohsinmk
      Daily Activity
      1457.14%
      Lv. Percent
      4.08%
      Quote Originally Posted by XPremiuM View Post
      Don't bring any phones from abroad. All phones will get blocked after 2 months of first use in Pakistan. You would have to pay an absurd amount of tax for it (50k+). I'm not kidding.

Previously it was allowed to register one phone free of cost, but even that's not possible anymore.
      can we use the phone we brought but donot put the sim in it ?
      To Buy PS4 games, PSN cards, PS4 Skins contact me pm or call on these numbers +923340519000
      +923330372982

Mobile King !

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      17.57%
      Quote Originally Posted by mohsinmk View Post
      can we use the phone we brought but donot put the sim in it ?
      Yes u can

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk

Illiterate

I am:
      Fine

PSN ID: Sherez965 Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Sherez965/
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      96.2%
      Quote Originally Posted by XPremiuM View Post

I understand that but the reason I'm asking this is due to me getting the phone via installment, I could be able to buy it here but an S10+ 512 GB, I have little knowledge of where I could find an installment plan in Pakistan.
      Draw not your bow,till your arrow is fixed

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Cool

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      54.63%
      I understand that but the reason I'm asking this is due to me getting the phone via installment, I could be able to buy it here but an S10+ 512 GB, I have little knowledge of where I could find an installment plan in Pakistan.
      Bro if you want to use it as a media device bring it on else sims wont work and all you have a very expensive 512gb media device.