• Amused
  • Angry
  • Bored
  • Busy
  • Cheeky
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Devilish
  • Fine
  • Hacker
  • Happy
  • In Love
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Nerdy
  • Pensive
  • Roflol
  • Sad
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Yeehaw
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Results 11 to 18 of 18

    Thread: Switching from Nayatel to Ptcl

    1. #11
      PG Veteran

      I am:
      ----
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      199
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      37.62%
      Quote Originally Posted by shaheerk View Post
      I get 1080p. Just not 60fps all the time. And I do get OSN channels.

      A few caveats:
      1. The EPG isn't there for non-first world channels (and with my service provider, not available for the US channels as well). Other providers fare differently.
      2. Sometimes, channels are replaced/switched around (they may say CNN, but something else can be broadcasting at times). Usually, they have another stream with the correct channel being beamed (but it's a pain). Sometimes, HD channels don't broadcast in HD, and sometimes, SD channels are broadcasting in HD.
      3. There is a delay - anywhere between 30 seconds and 2 minutes - between the satellite transmission and when you receive it.

      There are compromises. But unlike satellite, you're not restricted to a region (OSN can be received in Karachi, but not elsewhere in Pakistan). Also, I get all the Sky UK channels, the American and Canadian channels, and other channels I don't watch.

      Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
      Yep true .

    2. #12
      . . :::::TEH UNBOXER::::: . .

      I am:
      Amused
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      1,618
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      48.07%
      I contacted Ptcl for a new connection, after finalizing the package etc they said that they will send a team over there to check. Now they have reported back saying that it is not feasible to setup a connection at my given address and they can not share the reason why, kind of blew my mind.

      - - - Updated - - -
      @golabucha is storm fiber in Isb? Do you know any good service provider in Isb other than nayatel and ptcl? @shaheerk

    3. #13
      Global Moderator
        murtaza12's Avatar
      Global Moderator

      I am:
      Busy
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      10,325
      Daily Activity
      4728.57%
      Lv. Percent
      40.23%
      Quote Originally Posted by rafay22 View Post
      I contacted Ptcl for a new connection, after finalizing the package etc they said that they will send a team over there to check. Now they have reported back saying that it is not feasible to setup a connection at my given address and they can not share the reason why, kind of blew my mind.

      - - - Updated - - -
      @golabucha is storm fiber in Isb? Do you know any good service provider in Isb other than nayatel and ptcl? @shaheerk
      Your street may not have any fiber underground
      The FDH feeding your area is full and does not have capacity for a new line

      These are pretty much the only 2 reasons they wouldn't give you a connection.

      No chance of any other ISPs in Bahria Enclave because Bahria is very strict when it comes to allowing new ISPs to dig up their streets and lay cables. The only option that remains is either Jazz, Telenor or Zong 4G.

    4. #14
      . . :::::TEH UNBOXER::::: . .

      I am:
      Amused
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      1,618
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      48.07%
      Quote Originally Posted by murtaza12 View Post
      Your street may not have any fiber underground
      The FDH feeding your area is full and does not have capacity for a new line

      These are pretty much the only 2 reasons they wouldn't give you a connection.

      No chance of any other ISPs in Bahria Enclave because Bahria is very strict when it comes to allowing new ISPs to dig up their streets and lay cables. The only option that remains is either Jazz, Telenor or Zong 4G.
      Hmm, I also told them that a house like 50m away just got ptcl connection 1 week ago. The problem with 3G 4G is that the signals are very weak, I can barely use Jazz on 3G max and that too at less than half signals, lets see, I have asked ptcl to reinvestigate the matter.

      - - - Updated - - -

      PS the house is opposite to our house, like in front, hence not in the same line, if that matters.

    5. #15
      Global Moderator
        murtaza12's Avatar
      Global Moderator

      I am:
      Busy
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      10,325
      Daily Activity
      4728.57%
      Lv. Percent
      40.23%
      Quote Originally Posted by rafay22 View Post
      Hmm, I also told them that a house like 50m away just got ptcl connection 1 week ago. The problem with 3G 4G is that the signals are very weak, I can barely use Jazz on 3G max and that too at less than half signals, lets see, I have asked ptcl to reinvestigate the matter.

      - - - Updated - - -

      PS the house is opposite to our house, like in front, hence not in the same line, if that matters.
      It shouldn't matter since it requires a little bit of work only to get the line across.

      Check your PM in a few minutes.
      Thanks rafay22 thanked for this post
       

    6. #16
      PG Juggernaut

      I am:
      ----
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      1,892
      Daily Activity
      714.29%
      Lv. Percent
      90.9%
      Our experience: 1218 accepted the application, then I got a message that fiber (in Bahria Town, where it's full of fiber and only fiber) isn't feasible at my place, and right after, I found out the exchange had initiated my order and completed it.

      Try contacting the exchange itself. It might work.

      Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

    7. #17
      . . :::::TEH UNBOXER::::: . .

      I am:
      Amused
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      1,618
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      48.07%
      Quote Originally Posted by shaheerk View Post
      Our experience: 1218 accepted the application, then I got a message that fiber (in Bahria Town, where it's full of fiber and only fiber) isn't feasible at my place, and right after, I found out the exchange had initiated my order and completed it.

      Try contacting the exchange itself. It might work.

      Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
      Can you tell me how to contact exchange? I remember they said that Bahria Enclave has F11 exchange.

    8. #18
      Global Moderator
        murtaza12's Avatar
      Global Moderator

      I am:
      Busy
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      10,325
      Daily Activity
      4728.57%
      Lv. Percent
      40.23%
      Quote Originally Posted by rafay22 View Post
      Can you tell me how to contact exchange? I remember they said that Bahria Enclave has F11 exchange.
      Bahria Enclave has its own exchange. Go there and visit them in person.

     

     

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    All times are GMT +5. The time now is 12:41 AM.


    Back to Top Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
    Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
    Copyright 2018 PakGamers. All rights reserved.