• Nerdy
  • Pensive
  • Roflol
  • Sad
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Yeehaw
  • Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: S8+ screen glass cracked, should I get it replaced?

Nabeel

I am:
      ----

MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      88.16%

S8+ screen glass cracked, should I get it replaced?

Hi, my S8+screen cracked from corner after getting a fall. Does anyone else had the same trouble with it? What are my options now.

Should I get it repaired or buy another one? Honestly I'm scared of either option, if I get another one, it might also crack on 1st fall. If I get it repaired, I have no guarantee what would be the quality of repair job i or the outcome.

So, any reliable shops in rwp/isb where I can get it repaired. People are asking anywhere from 5-20k for glass replacement only.
      should I get another one or stay away from S8/S9/note series. What are the options with same budget/experience as S8+.

Another thing there was no protector or case on it at the time, would it have saved the phone? If I get a back cover would it protect it from screen damage due to fall? S8+ users feedback required

Global Moderator
      Global Moderator

I am:
      Busy

Daily Activity
      1800%
      Lv. Percent
      38.68%
      Quote Originally Posted by xzap042 View Post
      Hi, my S8+screen cracked from corner after getting a fall. Does anyone else had the same trouble with it? What are my options now.

Should I get it repaired or buy another one? Honestly I'm scared of either option, if I get another one, it might also crack on 1st fall. If I get it repaired, I have no guarantee what would be the quality of repair job i or the outcome.

So, any reliable shops in rwp/isb where I can get it repaired. People are asking anywhere from 5-20k for glass replacement only.
      should I get another one or stay away from S8/S9/note series. What are the options with same budget/experience as S8+.

Another thing there was no protector or case on it at the time, would it have saved the phone? If I get a back cover would it protect it from screen damage due to fall? S8+ users feedback required
      If you want the best experience, get a Service Pack display. These are the official display assembly kits used in Samsung Service centers for screen replacements.

They're very expensive though. Can be had from MS Communications, for around 30k. Not worth it cause S8+ don't have that much value anymore.

Sell the phone as is in its current condition. You can get a Galaxy A50 around the same rate, or even an A70 if you increase your budget.

A case may have protected it, but it depends on the angle and the height of the fall, and the case itself.

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Cool

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      61.49%
      If its still working and crack is at the bottom edge only apply a good quality protector over it and keep using it.

S8+ screen is 25k plus

Nabeel

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      88.16%
      Any recommendations for a good quality screen protector and case. I was thinking if maybe some glass screen protectors come with some sort of adhesive, maybe it would be able to hide the minor cracks on screen. The main shatter point is below the screen and not really noticeable.

Global Moderator
      Global Moderator

I am:
      Busy

Daily Activity
      1800%
      Lv. Percent
      38.68%
      Any recommendations for a good quality screen protector and case. I was thinking if maybe some glass screen protectors come with some sort of adhesive, maybe it would be able to hide the minor cracks on screen. The main shatter point is below the screen and not really noticeable.
      In Singapore Plaza RWP, there is a shop called S-Tech in the basement.

They have every single mobile phone accessory on the planet. Go there and they'll definitely have something for you.
      Likes fakeprince liked this post

Nabeel

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      88.16%
      Ok so I have a jelly protector applied till I get something better. So has anyone tried glass replacement only? Any shops for reliable work in rwp/isb. I'm guessing the crack might spread with time

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Cool

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      61.49%
      Ok so I have a jelly protector applied till I get something better. So has anyone tried glass replacement only? Any shops for reliable work in rwp/isb. I'm guessing the crack might spread with time
      Dont drop it
      Dont sit on it
      Dont press it too hard
      Keep it away from moisture

And it will be safe, its your choice 20-25k is the price of genuine display

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Cool

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      23.64%
      Quote Originally Posted by murtaza12 View Post
      If you want the best experience, get a Service Pack display. These are the official display assembly kits used in Samsung Service centers for screen replacements.

They're very expensive though. Can be had from MS Communications, for around 30k. Not worth it cause S8+ don't have that much value anymore.

Sell the phone as is in its current condition. You can get a Galaxy A50 around the same rate, or even an A70 if you increase your budget.

A case may have protected it, but it depends on the angle and the height of the fall, and the case itself.
      I got my A50 for 50k damn i got robbed

Nabeel

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      88.16%
      Guys has anyone used fixmyphone.pk services? Can anyone give feedback? Their Facebook page has mixed reviews