I am:
      Busy

MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      4728.57%
      Lv. Percent
      40.23%
      Quote Originally Posted by notcomingslow View Post
      Okay so I called StormFiber. I told them that I've tried everything, port forwarding, DMZ etc. but Gameranger still shows me the error. I also told them that someone told me that StormFiber uses Carrier-grade NAT and they are not offering static IPs or changing IP Pools, nor have they shifted to IPv6. They said that your are right, but you can tell us your NAT Type and if it's 3, we can change it to 2 and your problem will be solved.
      Now the thing is that NAT Types aren't displayed on Gameranger like they are displayed on PS4 or XBOX or whatever.
      So how do I tell them what NAT type I have?
      Tell them you have NAT Type 3 (Strict) and you want to change it to NAT Type 2.

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Confused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      15.2%
      Quote Originally Posted by notcomingslow View Post
      Okay so I called StormFiber. I told them that I've tried everything, port forwarding, DMZ etc. but Gameranger still shows me the error. I also told them that someone told me that StormFiber uses Carrier-grade NAT and they are not offering static IPs or changing IP Pools, nor have they shifted to IPv6. They said that your are right, but you can tell us your NAT Type and if it's 3, we can change it to 2 and your problem will be solved.
      Now the thing is that NAT Types aren't displayed on Gameranger like they are displayed on PS4 or XBOX or whatever.
      So how do I tell them what NAT type I have?

Hello fren!

Download this picture, crop out the date and time at the bottom and send it to stormfiber. they have dynamic IP pools that are not behind their CGNAT they can switch you to.
      Likes murtaza12 liked this post
      Thanks murtaza12 thanked for this post

PG Newbie

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      39.2%
      Sorry for replying late. I just told them to change my NAT Type from 3 to 2. After about two days, my problem was resolved but Gameranger still showed an error, which was Port-Restricted Cone NAT Router error. It didn't affect my connectivity with other players though. I was still able to connect with others, unlike what I faced with the Symmetric NAT Router error which I previously mentioned. Maybe now I have a NAT Type 2? Maybe in Gameranger, the Symmetric NAT Router error means NAT Type 3 and this Port-Restricted Cone NAT Router error means NAT Type 2 and no error means NAT Type 1. But if this is the case, it means that PTCL gave me NAT Type 1, because I faced no error on Gameranger when I used PTCL Internet.