• Pensive
  • Roflol
  • Sad
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Yeehaw
  • Likes Likes:  0
    Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: How useful is a PTCL internship compared to that of a not-so-well known place?

PG Soldier

I am:
      Bored

MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      46.72%

How useful is a PTCL internship compared to that of a not-so-well known place?

aoa. I'm currently a 3rd year student doing BS-CS from FAST. I secured a place in PTCL's internship program for this summer. At the same time, I also got involved with a lab of FAST that is doing work in robotics/avionics. I was wondering, how useful will PTCL's internship be for me in the long run compared to that of a not-so-well known lab. I mean, for job prospects later on, will the PTCL internship be significantly helpful in any sense or does it not matter where the internship was done. Thank you.
      And the Lord said, "Come forth and receive eternal life", but Jhon came fifth and won a toaster.

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Busy

Steam ID: Str1k3rX
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      60.32%
      Quote Originally Posted by spitfire99 View Post
      aoa. I'm currently a 3rd year student doing BS-CS from FAST. I secured a place in PTCL's internship program for this summer. At the same time, I also got involved with a lab of FAST that is doing work in robotics/avionics. I was wondering, how useful will PTCL's internship be for me in the long run compared to that of a not-so-well known lab. I mean, for job prospects later on, will the PTCL internship be significantly helpful in any sense or does it not matter where the internship was done. Thank you.
      PTCL internship won't be of much help. Go with the lesser known lab if you'll get practical on-job training, mentorship and a chance to do some level of development.

Omniscient

I am:
      Cool

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      91.64%
      Quote Originally Posted by StrikerX View Post
      PTCL internship won't be of much help. Go with the lesser known lab if you'll get practical on-job training, mentorship and a chance to do some level of development.
      I second this opinion. If you're seriously planning to go for the lab side (dev side) or in industry, it's necessary to get practical knowledge and mentorship which can also be done on -not-so-well known place. What matters is experience and practical knowledge. IMHO, go for it not for PTCl.