----

MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      53.73%

International Mail Office GPO, clearing a parcel

Hi,

I had ordered a couple of silicon covers almost 90 days ago. Because there is no electronics item or even steel/metal item, I wasn't expecting that the parcel would get stopped by customs.

Today I received a letter from GPO that thye had stopped the parcel at International mail office GPO lahore, and that i had to come and get it cleared within seven days.

Goes on to say documents I need to bring and that if I don't clear it within 20 days, they will start some kind of proceedings against me.

My question is if any of you have ever had to do this, and what your experience was with it.

Thank you
      Mir

PG Veteran

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      42.86%
      Lv. Percent
      38.13%
      Quote Originally Posted by hmir View Post
      Hi,

I had ordered a couple of silicon covers almost 90 days ago. Because there is no electronics item or even steel/metal item, I wasn't expecting that the parcel would get stopped by customs.

Today I received a letter from GPO that thye had stopped the parcel at International mail office GPO lahore, and that i had to come and get it cleared within seven days.

Goes on to say documents I need to bring and that if I don't clear it within 20 days, they will start some kind of proceedings against me.

My question is if any of you have ever had to do this, and what your experience was with it.

Thank you
      Mir
      there will be no proceedings against you .the most they can do is confiscate the products .it is not like you have bought any bannable product . Ask the seller to provide you with a receipt of the order online by email and as a precautionary measure take your credit card / debit card statement along with you showing that you paid for the product through legal means . The second one is required in rare cases but sometimes they do ask .or else take some quaid e azam with you .

PG Xtremist

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      53.73%
      Quote Originally Posted by golabucha View Post
      there will be no proceedings against you .the most they can do is confiscate the products .it is not like you have bought any bannable product . Ask the seller to provide you with a receipt of the order online by email and as a precautionary measure take your credit card / debit card statement along with you showing that you paid for the product through legal means . The second one is required in rare cases but sometimes they do ask .or else take some quaid e azam with you .
      So there is still an environment of rishwat at the international mail office? Have you been to an international mail office in recent times?

PG Veteran

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      42.86%
      Lv. Percent
      38.13%
      So there is still an environment of rishwat at the international mail office? Have you been to an international mail office in recent times?
      Yes sir six months ago .

PG Xtremist

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      53.73%
      Yes sir six months ago .
      What was your item and what process did you have to go through to clear the item? What documentation did you take with you?

You asked me to get an invoice from the seller, and take my bank statement along. I have a printout for the specific date when the transation occurred from the bank online website. Also my ID Card.

I just want to know what else I should take, and when you get to the International Mail Office, what process did you follow? Are there long lines there? Does going early help? Is it a fish market situation or is it a civilized place?

PG Veteran

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      42.86%
      Lv. Percent
      38.13%
      What was your item and what process did you have to go through to clear the item? What documentation did you take with you?

You asked me to get an invoice from the seller, and take my bank statement along. I have a printout for the specific date when the transation occurred from the bank online website. Also my ID Card.

I just want to know what else I should take, and when you get to the International Mail Office, what process did you follow? Are there long lines there? Does going early help? Is it a fish market situation or is it a civilized place?
      it depends on how much crowd is there . I can say one thing that the staff is extremely lazy and rude . Try to get the invoice from seller if you don’t have already and take rest of the things that u have mentioned in the post . Try to get the thing cleared without giving quaid e azam .

PG Xtremist

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      53.73%
      it depends on how much crowd is there . I can say one thing that the staff is extremely lazy and rude . Try to get the invoice from seller if you don’t have already and take rest of the things that u have mentioned in the post . Try to get the thing cleared without giving quaid e azam .
      I've received the invoice from the Chinese seller, and I also have a printout of the order details from my AliExpress orders page. If they ask me for rishwat, I'll tell them to keep the item.

Is there any token numbering system, or do you just stand in lines until it is your turn?

PG Veteran

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      42.86%
      Lv. Percent
      38.13%
      I've received the invoice from the Chinese seller, and I also have a printout of the order details from my AliExpress orders page. If they ask me for rishwat, I'll tell them to keep the item.

Is there any token numbering system, or do you just stand in lines until it is your turn?
      There is token system but most of the times you are referred to a higher up babu ji who asks for Quaid e Azam .
      My own package was confiscated because I refused to pay rishwat .it was 43 inch TV sent by my brother from USA .all custom duty and charges were already paid by my brother in advance but these corrupt babus confiscated it .

PG Xtremist

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      53.73%
      There is token system but most of the times you are referred to a higher up babu ji who asks for Quaid e Azam .
      My own package was confiscated because I refused to pay rishwat .it was 43 inch TV sent by my brother from USA .all custom duty and charges were already paid by my brother in advance but these corrupt babus confiscated it .
      So you never got your TV???? Did they at least send the TV back to USA, back to sender, or some babuji just took it home?

PG Veteran

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      42.86%
      Lv. Percent
      38.13%
      So you never got your TV???? Did they at least send the TV back to USA, back to sender, or some babuji just took it home?
      Babuji took it home because you either get it cleared in 20 days or so or the custom people confiscate it . This kind of stupid thing only happens in Pakistan .that is why custom people mostly eat up people things cuz they know that if the receiver can't get it then it will not go back and instead will be eaten up by custom people .