• Yeehaw
  • Likes Likes:  0
    Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt comes to Nintendo Switch this year

Respect Ma AuthoritA!!!
      Nintendo/PSP Moderator

I am:
      Roflol

Gamertag: mani the gamer PSN ID: Manigamer Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/manigamer
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      714.29%
      Lv. Percent
      94.7%

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt comes to Nintendo Switch this year

Perhaps the most ambitious Nintendo Switch port to date

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, one of the most most visually impressive video games of this generation, will be released on Nintendo Switch, the generationís least powerful hardware.The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition will arrive on the hybrid console later this year, developer CD Projekt Red announced during Nintendoís E3 2019 Nintendo Direct presentation.
      The announcement trailer didnít reveal too much about the port, but did provide a glimpse at the gameplay. The visuals shown in the demo look nice, if not a little fuzzy. Some graphically impressive games have been admirably ported to Nintendo Switch, most notably Bethesda releases like Doom (2016) and Wolfenstein: The New Order. However, some open-world ports have struggled, like the recent port of Saints Row: The Third.
      We expect to learn more about the Switch port of The Witcher 3 later this year. For now, you can watch the announcement trailer above.

Respect Ma AuthoritA!!!
      Nintendo/PSP Moderator

I am:
      Roflol

Gamertag: mani the gamer PSN ID: Manigamer Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/manigamer
      Daily Activity
      714.29%
      Lv. Percent
      94.7%

The most important question is whether the game is enjoyable to play, even if the visuals are a bit bland compared to previous versions, and it looks as though Witcher 3 sails above that standard to provide a satisfying way to play a very good game on the go. The game seems to maintain a frame rate of around 30 frames per second, so it should stay responsive throughout the experience, even if the resolution has to sometimes go even lower to avoid skipping frames.
      Keep in mind that this analysis is only based on some video footage and screenshots — not a version of the game that’s playable by the press — so more information will have to wait until review copies actually go out.
      But there’s reason to be hopeful, especially if your expectations have already been tempered; it looks like The Witcher 3 is going to be a fun way to pass the time on the road.
      The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition is coming to Nintendo Switch at some point in 2019.

PG Juggernaut
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Amused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      30.91%
      Richard is....impressed. "I still dont quite believe its real"

Richard also says its much more ambitious than Doom because that game was cut back to 30fps and Witcher 3 is a high graphical fidelity game targetting 30fps across all consoles. Hmmmm sounds very familiar

"One of the most complete open-world games on Switch. Closest thing is Ark Survival Evolved".

*cue in haters cries in Kurok seeds*

Respect Ma AuthoritA!!!
      Nintendo/PSP Moderator

I am:
      Roflol

Daily Activity
      714.29%
      Lv. Percent
      94.7%
      and everybody was making jokes back when it was announced... power of the swaaatch

Lado-K-Lashkary

I am:
      Yeehaw

Gamertag: Lad0klashkary PSN ID: Lado-k-Lashkary
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      20.43%
      Really unbelievable to see alot of positive impressions for the Switch port. I, even though a big Witcher fan, was expecting this to be mediocre at best given the beast of a game Witcher is and the technically underwhelming Switch hardware. Good stuff

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Fine

Gamertag: CerebralTiger PSN ID: CerebralTiger Steam ID: CerebralTiger
      Daily Activity
      714.29%
      Lv. Percent
      80.62%
      Quote Originally Posted by Necrokiller View Post
      Wow, a tech analysis with just Rich and Tom is so much more sensible and watchable compared to when those internet warriors John and Alex are included

Quote Originally Posted by Necrokiller View Post
      "One of the most complete open-world games on Switch. Closest thing is Ark Survival Evolved".
      Richard didn't say that, but I'd imagine Tom meant this in terms of the amount of geometry/detail at that kind of scale. BoTW (as well as Nintendo's other games) lacks such environmental details.

PG Juggernaut
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Amused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      30.91%
      Quote Originally Posted by CerebralTiger View Post
      Richard didn't say that
      I never said he did. Though still not believing the Switch port is a real thing is an even higher praise.

Hair and cloth physics, wind simulation, dismemberment, water physics, NPC count similar to PS4 version, its all there. Frame rates seem in the 20-30fps range in stress conditions undocked while looking like a generation leap over anything on Switch.

Switch is a 10-20W device. Launch base PS4 consumes 90W just for streaming Netfilx. This is nothing short of a miracle by Saber Interactive and CDPR.
      Last edited by Necrokiller; 20-08-19 at 11:39 PM.