I am:
      Starving

Gamertag: CHANDOOG PSN ID: adnan791986 Steam ID: chandoog
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      98.54%

They're doing some smart thinking with this game's development.

Variable rate shading, dynamic resolution (which is nothing new) and developing targeting 70 FPS so they always have an overhead for 60 FPS on consoles.

PG Juggernaut
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Amused

Daily Activity
      714.29%
      Lv. Percent
      9.67%
      Good to see DF finally realize CB isn't too hot a technique as they've always touted.

Accounting for overhead is nothing new either. All games that actually provide stable target fps do that to attain it.

Resi Evil 4 > Your fav game.
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Starving

Gamertag: CHANDOOG PSN ID: adnan791986 Steam ID: chandoog
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      98.54%
      Good to see DF finally realize CB isn't too hot a technique as they've always touted.
      It probably also depends on the kind of game and engine implementation. For example, in slower paced games like Detroit and God of War it looks phenomenal. But Spider Man is a much more hectic and fast paced game where Insomniac opted to use TAA up-scaling + dynamic resolution instead and it works great for that game.

Also, nice to see VRS but a shame it's this late into the current gen. Next gen will probably make a lot of use with it from the get go.

PG Juggernaut
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Amused

Daily Activity
      714.29%
      Lv. Percent
      9.67%
      Quote Originally Posted by Chandoo View Post
      For example, in slower paced games like Detroit and God of War it looks phenomenal.
      Thats a gross exaggeration imo. Actual "4K" captures look realllllly bad. Image quality is awful in "4K" mode.

Looks like a retro block filter was run over the final image. Not even decent by any stretch.

Call of Duty seems to be using a new temporal technique. Lets see how it looks in the final product.

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Fine

Gamertag: CerebralTiger PSN ID: CerebralTiger Steam ID: CerebralTiger
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      5.23%
      Quote Originally Posted by Necrokiller View Post
      Accounting for overhead is nothing new either. All games that actually provide stable target fps do that to attain it.
      So, not Battlefield, then. The series never held a candle to COD in terms of gunplay, but now it looks like large scale multiplayer maps won't be a USP form them either. Poor DICE lol.

Thats a gross exaggeration imo.
      The following text fits the bill better, especially knowing who it's coming from

Looks like a retro block filter was run over the final image. Not even decent by any stretch.

PG Juggernaut
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Amused

Daily Activity
      714.29%
      Lv. Percent
      9.67%
      Quote Originally Posted by CerebralTiger View Post
      So, not Battlefield, then. The series never held a candle to COD in terms of gunplay
      Not sure what this opinion is worth coming from an individual who isn't even skilled at shooters
      lol I'm not even skilled at shooters.
      but now it looks like large scale multiplayer maps won't be a USP form them either. Poor DICE lol.
      Which proves how much the franchise has been lacking all these years. At this pace, maybe they will find a way to implement DICEs USP of destructibility in another decade

But look at the bright side, DICE made a call-a-doody fanboy out of you. Now you can actively participate in Call of Duty dominating your precious exclusives in the sales charts Imokaywiththat.gif

The following text fits the bill better, especially knowing who it's coming from
      Knowing who is saying this, you were probably too afraid to look at the pic and just took a "quick glance" at it, didn't you?
      Last edited by Necrokiller; 06-08-19 at 04:54 AM.

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Fine

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      5.23%
      Not sure what this opinion is worth coming from an individual who isn't even skilled at shooters
      Not being skilled at shooters is one thing, knowing what constitutes good gunplay is another. Do you think all "top critics" on OC are pro shooters?

Which proves how much the franchise has been lacking all these years.
      After the disappointment that is BFV, you don't have much of a choice but to switch to CoD (in hope that crossplay finally provides you an adequate user base ).
      Last edited by CerebralTiger; 06-08-19 at 03:37 PM.

PG Juggernaut
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Amused

Daily Activity
      714.29%
      Lv. Percent
      9.67%
      Not being skilled at shooters is one thing, knowing what constitutes good gunplay is another. Do you think all "top critics" on OC are pro shooters?
      Being skilled at shooters in one thing and being a professional is another. Someone who has never been good at shooters talking about what constitutes good gunplay is laughable

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Fine

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      5.23%
      Being skilled at shooters in one thing and being a professional is another.
      Thanks for calling me as a professional

P.S. I don't need to be good at, for example, Sekiro to know it's a spamfest lol.

PG Juggernaut
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Amused

Daily Activity
      714.29%
      Lv. Percent
      9.67%
      P.S. I don't need to be good at, for example, Sekiro to know it's a spamfest lol.
      An opinion, which is also laughable when you advocate for a casual, fundamentally flawed small arena button masher like Devil May Cry 5

lol....I must be a good button masher then....because that's all I ever did in every DMC game, in order to make it through
      LMAO....you know what's casual?....small arena fights....I'm not going to take a DMC game seriously until they entirely revamp the engine and fix the fundamentally flawed nature of the existing games.
      Most likely all you do to get through shooters is spray and pray and call the ones good with a higher success rate. Makes sense why you're a call-a-doody fanboy now
      Last edited by Necrokiller; 06-08-19 at 08:35 PM.