Bored

MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      12.98%

Need a Finasteride/Propecia prescription

So yeah, thinning hair.

Can anyone recommend a doctor in Karachi who knows about this stuff and can give me a prescription for Finasteride? (yes, I know about the side effects, but I'm prepared for it. It's very low probability anyway)

Would really appreciate any info. Thanks.
      sshah is an English Literature major, bitches!

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Stressed

PSN ID: Leeonchris
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      7.4%
      Following.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

On Training

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      88.33%
      I strongly suggest you reconsider finasteride. Are you sure you're fully aware of the side effects and their incidence? Have you heard of post-finasteride syndrome? While the drug is FDA approved, I can't for the life of me imagine a doctor in good faith recommending it over much safer hair transplants. You needn't wait to go bald for a hair transplant, either. You can get one right now, with revisions as your hairline recedes further. Many celebrities have hair transplants, methods have improved a lot.

FWIW, male pattern hair loss (androgenetic alopecia) is incredibly common, you can pretty much consider it part of aging. The prevalence % equals age in both men and women (ie 20% of people aged 20, 50% of people aged 50, 80% of people aged 80 etc). Its only a "problem" if it happens when you're in school / college, beyond that either accept it or get a transplant.
      Likes Kronos865, wAnxTa liked this post

I am:
      Busy

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      65.24%
      the drug can easily be bought from any pharmacy. I doubt anyone will ask you for a prescription.

Night is the new day

I am:
      Bored

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      12.98%
      Quote Originally Posted by haroonshaikh View Post
      the drug can easily be bought from any pharmacy. I doubt anyone will ask you for a prescription.
      I just needed to know dosage and reliable brands etc. Any ideas, doc?

On Training

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      88.33%
      The dose will be on the leaflet, or can easily be googled (reliable sites include emedicine/medscape & mayoclinic).

I hope you're making an informed decision. Based on your posts, I'm getting the impression you haven't met with a dermatologist, and are self medicating. This drug isn't to be trifled with. Considering the long term nature of your commitment and the presence of safer alternatives, I have difficulty seeing what reasons you might have, except financial constraints.

Night is the new day

I am:
      Bored

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      12.98%
      I'm a poor man.

On Training

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      88.33%
      Thats a good reason to not get a hair transplant, but a bad reason to take finasteride.

Make your decision based on medical grounds first. Then decide what you can and cannot afford.

Androgenetic alopecia is an incredibly slow process. Your hairline isn't going to dramatically recede over the next 2-3 years. Find out how much a transplant costs, and make a goal to save up that amount in the next 3 years.

In the meantime, you can use minoxidil. This drug isn't as effective as finasteride, but its much, much safer. It also doesn't affect the underlying pathogeneic mechanisms of your hair loss, so the effects beging to wear out in 5-10 years. By then, you will either have the money for a transplant, or will have decided you don't need one.
      Likes Benighted, wAnxTa liked this post

Night is the new day

I am:
      Bored

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      12.98%
      Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent View Post
      Thats a good reason to not get a hair transplant, but a bad reason to take finasteride.

Make your decision based on medical grounds first. Then decide what you can and cannot afford.

Androgenetic alopecia is an incredibly slow process. Your hairline isn't going to dramatically recede over the next 2-3 years. Find out how much a transplant costs, and make a goal to save up that amount in the next 3 years.

In the meantime, you can use minoxidil. This drug isn't as effective as finasteride, but its much, much safer. It also doesn't affect the underlying pathogeneic mechanisms of your hair loss, so the effects beging to wear out in 5-10 years. By then, you will either have the money for a transplant, or will have decided you don't need one.
      Appreciate the advice. Thanks a lot!

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Cool

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      19.49%
      as this is a hair related thread i want have a question of my own i don't have proper beard hair and i am around 27 now so any recommendations of medicine which i can get to grow more facial hair ? @Fluorescent @haroonshaikh