• Amused
  • Angry
  • Bored
  • Busy
  • Cheeky
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Devilish
  • Fine
  • Hacker
  • Happy
  • In Love
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Nerdy
  • Pensive
  • Roflol
  • Sad
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Yeehaw
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Results 1 to 10 of 23

    Thread: PLZ Help Find Alternative to PTCL in Rawalpindi!!

    1. #1
      On Training

      I am:
      ----
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      39
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      36.52%

      PLZ Help Find Alternative to PTCL in Rawalpindi!!

      Hi guys, I need some serious help. I've been with PTCL since moving back to Pakistan but I think I've finally reached my breaking point. I'll spare you my sob stories and get right to the point: I'm a PS4 gamer (mainly play Overwatch) based in Rawalpindi. Most of the ISP suggestions I've seen don't offer services in my city. Is there ANY ISP that can rescue me from PTCL please? My requirements are:
      Minimum 20mbps download (preferably unlimited)
      Minimum 10mbps upload
      And most importantly: A COMPANY WITH COMPETENT STAFF.

      I've had people recommend Zong devices to me but I need NAT Type 2 and I've heard people complain that they can't game online on PS4 with Zong.

      Help?

    2. #2
      Global Moderator
        murtaza12's Avatar
      Global Moderator

      I am:
      Busy
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      10,326
      Daily Activity
      2542.86%
      Lv. Percent
      40.78%
      Quote Originally Posted by zarmena View Post
      Hi guys, I need some serious help. I've been with PTCL since moving back to Pakistan but I think I've finally reached my breaking point. I'll spare you my sob stories and get right to the point: I'm a PS4 gamer (mainly play Overwatch) based in Rawalpindi. Most of the ISP suggestions I've seen don't offer services in my city. Is there ANY ISP that can rescue me from PTCL please? My requirements are:
      Minimum 20mbps download (preferably unlimited)
      Minimum 10mbps upload
      And most importantly: A COMPANY WITH COMPETENT STAFF.

      I've had people recommend Zong devices to me but I need NAT Type 2 and I've heard people complain that they can't game online on PS4 with Zong.

      Help?
      Where in Rawalpindi are you?

      Chances are that Nayatel will be available there.

    3. #3
      On Training

      I am:
      ----
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      39
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      36.52%
      Hey, I'm in Race Course, right next to Westridge. Now that you mention it, I've definitely seen Nayatel vans around here. Are they recommended by this community?

      The issue that became my breaking point with PTCL was an upload speed of 1mbps on 25mbps VDSL connection! I keep begging them to look into the issue but they don't see it as a problem at all.

      Does Nayatel offer better upload speeds? I can only see download speeds on their website.

    4. #4
      Global Moderator
        murtaza12's Avatar
      Global Moderator

      I am:
      Busy
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      10,326
      Daily Activity
      2542.86%
      Lv. Percent
      40.78%
      Quote Originally Posted by zarmena View Post
      Hey, I'm in Race Course, right next to Westridge. Now that you mention it, I've definitely seen Nayatel vans around here. Are they recommended by this community?

      The issue that became my breaking point with PTCL was an upload speed of 1mbps on 25mbps VDSL connection! I keep begging them to look into the issue but they don't see it as a problem at all.

      Does Nayatel offer better upload speeds? I can only see download speeds on their website.
      Nayatel offers symmetrical upload/download.

      So if you get the 20 Mbps package, you'll get 20 upload and download.
      It's FTTH so the tech allows you to have symmetrical speeds.

      They have data caps during certain times of the day, but they have this Optimus gaming thing for optimised pings and their service is reliable.
      Customer support is also pretty decent and the guys on the phone actually know what you're talking about.

      Btw, 1 Mbps upload on VDSL is really messed up. It's supposed to be 10 Mbps up or something.

    5. #5
      PG Veteran

      I am:
      ----
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      199
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      37.7%
      Quote Originally Posted by zarmena View Post
      Hi guys, I need some serious help. I've been with PTCL since moving back to Pakistan but I think I've finally reached my breaking point. I'll spare you my sob stories and get right to the point: I'm a PS4 gamer (mainly play Overwatch) based in Rawalpindi. Most of the ISP suggestions I've seen don't offer services in my city. Is there ANY ISP that can rescue me from PTCL please? My requirements are:
      Minimum 20mbps download (preferably unlimited)
      Minimum 10mbps upload
      And most importantly: A COMPANY WITH COMPETENT STAFF.

      I've had people recommend Zong devices to me but I need NAT Type 2 and I've heard people complain that they can't game online on PS4 with Zong.

      Help?
      online gaming only transworld and other companies who use their infrastructure are satisfactory . I am using wateen for online gaming and Stormfiber for streaming movies and tv serials .
      Likes ZuLQi liked this post
       

    6. #6
      Global Moderator
        murtaza12's Avatar
      Global Moderator

      I am:
      Busy
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      10,326
      Daily Activity
      2542.86%
      Lv. Percent
      40.78%
      Quote Originally Posted by golabucha View Post
      online gaming only transworld and other companies who use their infrastructure are satisfactory . I am using wateen for online gaming and Stormfiber for streaming movies and tv serials .
      StormFiber isn't available in Rawalpindi, and TES is only available in Bahria and DHA.

    7. #7
      PG Veteran

      I am:
      ----
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      199
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      37.7%
      Quote Originally Posted by murtaza12 View Post
      stormfiber isn't available in rawalpindi, and tes is only available in bahria and dha.
      rip then .

    8. #8
      On Training

      I am:
      ----
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      39
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      36.52%
      Quote Originally Posted by murtaza12 View Post
      Nayatel offers symmetrical upload/download.

      So if you get the 20 Mbps package, you'll get 20 upload and download.
      It's FTTH so the tech allows you to have symmetrical speeds.

      They have data caps during certain times of the day, but they have this Optimus gaming thing for optimised pings and their service is reliable.
      Customer support is also pretty decent and the guys on the phone actually know what you're talking about.

      Btw, 1 Mbps upload on VDSL is really messed up. It's supposed to be 10 Mbps up or something.
      So based on this, it doesn't look like I'll have issue with NAT type or anything while gaming online with Nayatel, is that correct? Honestly, I've stuck with PTCL because my dad has had a connection since the late 80s. But they're the worst when it comes to customer service.

      I used to get 10mbps upload but for the past few weeks, I've been getting just 1mbps. PTCL claims it's a back end problem that magically only affects MY phone number. And because I'm the only one complaining, they keep shafting me. I've asked them to try replacing my modem but without even trying they have determined my modem is not the issue.

    9. #9
      On Training

      I am:
      ----
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      39
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      36.52%
      Quote Originally Posted by golabucha View Post
      online gaming only transworld and other companies who use their infrastructure are satisfactory . I am using wateen for online gaming and Stormfiber for streaming movies and tv serials .
      Wateen for online gaming? Haven't really heard that suggestion before. What's your dl/ul and ping like?

    10. #10
      PG Veteran

      I am:
      ----
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      199
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      37.7%
      Quote Originally Posted by zarmena View Post
      Wateen for online gaming? Haven't really heard that suggestion before. What's your dl/ul and ping like?
      download 20 Mbps ,upload 10 Mbps
      ping on European server 138 ms ,ping on American server 220-250 ms .

     

     

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    All times are GMT +5. The time now is 10:23 AM.


    Back to Top Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
    Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
    Copyright 2018 PakGamers. All rights reserved.