• Pensive
  • Roflol
  • Sad
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Yeehaw
  • Likes Likes:  0
    Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: I want to mod the BIOS of my GPU and need some expert guidance.

On Training

I am:
      ----

MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      21.54%

I want to mod the BIOS of my GPU and need some expert guidance.

First off, I've an ancient Nvidia GT440 Mini from Inoo3D which runs extremely HOT. It's a decent GPU, apart from high thermals (95c in summer i.e right now) and I want to lower the temperatures a tad bit by modding the BIOS to allow voltage manipulation in MSI Afterburner because right now, I can't tune the voltages.
      The voltages stay between 0.88 (Idle) and 1.08 (Max load) and I want to underclock the core frequency a tad bit (From 810 to 700ish) and slightly undervolt at max load (0.9) which I think shouldn't harm the GPU too much. To summarize, I want to bring it down to GT430 level.
      Problem? I've no idea how to mod a BIOS, ANY BIOS, and hence looking for someone who could take me under his wing and guide me step by step as I'm a total noob.
      Here's the GPU BIOS, if it helps:
      GT440 BIOS

So... Is it possible to mod this BIOS or am I better off finding a new GPU?
      Thanks in advance.

On Training

I am:
      ----

MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      21.54%
      Just modded or "hacked" the BIOS via Nibitor and dropped voltages from 1,088mV to 990mV, underclocked main frequency from 810Mhz to 750Mhz and memory clock frequency from 800Mhz to 750Mhz.

Now, the GPU stays well under 75c under max load, which is WAY better than 85-90c. The performance is roughly the same and the power consumption is down to 50W, from 70W. Win/Win!

Let me know if you want to mod the BIOS of your Geforce 400 and 500 Series GPU, or anything with the Fermi Architecture (GT640, GT730 etc). I shall be more than happy to help.