• Amused
  • Angry
  • Bored
  • Busy
  • Cheeky
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Devilish
  • Fine
  • Hacker
  • Happy
  • In Love
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Nerdy
  • Pensive
  • Roflol
  • Sad
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Yeehaw
  • Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Results 1 to 10 of 88

    Thread: Using Non-PTA Approved phones?

    1. #1
      I AM AWESOME

      I am:
      Innocent
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      497
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      21.57%

      Using Non-PTA Approved phones?

      So, these days the market is full of Non-PTA approved phones. They're being bought and sold normally, which leads me to believe that the PTA crap is overhyped.

      Some of the people who are using these phones have told me they receive automated calls & messages to inform them about the status of their phones, but the phones continue to work fine nonetheless.

      So my question is simple. Are you using a non-approved phone? If so, how's your experience. Also, would you advise to buy non-approved phones from the market?
      100% Honesty

    2. #2
      Global Moderator
        murtaza12's Avatar
      Global Moderator

      I am:
      Busy
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      10,235
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      7.41%
      Quote Originally Posted by XPremiuM View Post
      So, these days the market is full of Non-PTA approved phones. They're being bought and sold normally, which leads me to believe that the PTA crap is overhyped.

      Some of the people who are using these phones have told me they receive automated calls & messages to inform them about the status of their phones, but the phones continue to work fine nonetheless.

      So my question is simple. Are you using a non-approved phone? If so, how's your experience. Also, would you advise to buy non-approved phones from the market?
      Non approved phones can only work for 60 days (or 90 days, can't remember), but they will be blocked eventually.

      So obviously they will work fine now, but they will get blocked after a set number of days since first activation and then you'll have to pay to get it approved.

      PTA thing is not over hyped, it is very real.
      Likes mbk99 liked this post
       

    3. #3
      I AM AWESOME

      I am:
      Innocent
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      497
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      21.57%
      Quote Originally Posted by murtaza12 View Post
      Non approved phones can only work for 60 days (or 90 days, can't remember), but they will be blocked eventually.

      So obviously they will work fine now, but they will get blocked after a set number of days since first activation and then you'll have to pay to get it approved.

      PTA thing is not over hyped, it is very real.
      AFAIK, DIBRS was implemented in January 2019. So it's been 3-4 months since it's implementation.

      But has anyone's IMEI actually got blocked? Do you know someone personally whose SIM stopped receiving signals?

      I for one don't know a single person whose SIM stopped receiving signals (that's what an IMEI block does), so i think this 60-90 day stuff is just scare tactics to initiate fear among users, making them pay for IMEI approval or get a new PTA approved phone.
      Likes Mohsin Z liked this post
       
      100% Honesty

    4. #4
      Global Moderator
        murtaza12's Avatar
      Global Moderator

      I am:
      Busy
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      10,235
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      7.41%
      Quote Originally Posted by XPremiuM View Post
      AFAIK, DIBRS was implemented in January 2019. So it's been 3-4 months since it's implementation.

      But has anyone's IMEI actually got blocked? Do you know someone personally whose SIM stopped receiving signals?

      I for one don't know a single person whose SIM stopped receiving signals (that's what an IMEI block does), so i think this 60-90 day stuff is just scare tactics to initiate fear among users, making them pay for IMEI approval or get a new PTA approved phone.
      I don't personally know anyone. The two people I did know that had PTA approved phones got them as gifts from abroad, and didn't realize the 'one free phone' rule only applied to travelers, so they sent the gifts back.

      As for whether or not it's a tactic, I wouldn't want to take the risk, especially not with an expensive phone since the duties are insanely high. Not worth it just to save a few thousand imo.

      If DIRBS was crap, then shopkeepers wouldn't have protested about the duties and implementation of the whole system in the first place.

    5. #5
      I AM AWESOME

      I am:
      Innocent
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      497
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      21.57%
      Quote Originally Posted by murtaza12 View Post
      I don't personally know anyone. The two people I did know that had PTA approved phones got them as gifts from abroad, and didn't realize the 'one free phone' rule only applied to travelers, so they sent the gifts back.

      As for whether or not it's a tactic, I wouldn't want to take the risk, especially not with an expensive phone since the duties are insanely high. Not worth it just to save a few thousand imo.

      If DIRBS was crap, then shopkeepers wouldn't have protested about the duties and implementation of the whole system in the first place.
      I absolutely agree about not buying expensive phones, but if you're used to buying affordable 2nd-hand overseas shipped "kit" phones, then i personally think it's worth the risk to continue buying them.

      Even if the unfortunate thing happens & your IMEI gets blocked (which i still don't think it will), you'll basically end up with a SIM-less phone. All other features of the phone will continue to work, so it's not like the phone will become a rock. You can even make/recieve calls via Wifi through apps.
      Likes murtaza12 liked this post
       
      100% Honesty

    6. #6
      PG Juggernaut

      I am:
      Confused
       
      Steam ID: mbk0076
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      2,181
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      37.81%
      Still why would you take such a Risk! You should insist the shopkeepers to provide you with PTA Approved kit Smartphone and check the IMEI at the time of purchase.

      Or get it approved using a valid passport friend or family international traveler incoming to Pak within 60 of arrival.

      Now even the expensive flagship phones like Samsung Galaxy S10, S10 Plus, Note 9 are provided PTA Approved without warranty, as the seller clearly states it in description in online Websites like Telemart, Homeshopping, Ishopping etc but still you should always check their IMEI prior to purchase.

      Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

    7. #7
      PG Juggernaut

      I am:
      Cool
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      2,777
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      32.77%
      Quote Originally Posted by mbk99 View Post
      Or get it approved using a valid passport friend or family international traveler incoming to Pak within 60 of arrival.
      how to do that bro ? some of my friends recently came back from umrah and i have a non pta approved phone so how can i get it approved on their password


    8. #8
      PG Juggernaut

      I am:
      Confused
       
      Steam ID: mbk0076
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      2,181
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      37.81%
      Quote Originally Posted by syedfarazahmed View Post
      how to do that bro ? some of my friends recently came back from umrah and i have a non pta approved phone so how can i get it approved on their password
      Get their Valid Passport no, CNIC no, contact no, Name, Email etc all the basic details. & Head over to PTA DIRBS website and Sign up/create a new account with all the aforementioned details.

      And file for COC (Certificate of Compliance) via your newly created profile. Selecting the international traveler option. Instead of Courier or local option.

      As the international traveler is allowed to register one phone free of cost within 60 days of arrival in Pakistan via baggage rules.

      So filing for COC should be straight forward task, if you submit correctly then almost immediately you'll get your phone Complaint with PTA & Even if you make a mistake then contact/email PTA at: typeapproval@pta.gov.pk

      Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk
      Likes murtaza12, gamer11, XPremiuM liked this post
      Thanks syedfarazahmed thanked for this post
       

    9. #9
      I AM AWESOME

      I am:
      Innocent
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      497
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      21.57%
      Considering the fact that you can get your non-approved phone approved by the above method, it makes perfect sense why people are still buying these non-approved phones.

      Just buy a non-approved phone from the market for cheap, then get it approved by the above method. All you need is a friend or relative who came back from abroad in the last 2 months. Umrah/Hajj visitors will be your best option in this case.
      100% Honesty

    10. #10
      d hypnotic

      I am:
      Cool
       
      PSN ID: d-hypnotic
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      829
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      32.71%
      I am using non registered note 8. Got messages from pta that it will be blocked after 60 days and it is still working after 60 days. I informed the shopkeeper about the messages and he said don't worry it will not be blocked. He said many people who got their phones registered also getting these messages. He is taking full responsibility if it gets blocked.

      Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
      Likes XPremiuM liked this post
       

     

     

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    All times are GMT +5. The time now is 12:55 PM.


    Back to Top Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
    Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
    Copyright 2018 PakGamers. All rights reserved.