• Amused
  • Angry
  • Bored
  • Busy
  • Cheeky
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Devilish
  • Fine
  • Hacker
  • Happy
  • In Love
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Nerdy
  • Pensive
  • Roflol
  • Sad
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Yeehaw
  • Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Results 61 to 70 of 92

    Thread: Using Non-PTA Approved phones?

    1. #61
      Global Moderator
        murtaza12's Avatar
      Global Moderator

      I am:
      Busy
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      10,394
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      60.53%
      Quote Originally Posted by tipu2185 View Post
      Hi I have MI8 which I bought last year July. PTA has blocked one of its aim slot while other is showing status as registered. I was able to get through to their helpline. The guy said that you should email to typeapproval@pta.gov.pk your problem will be resolved. I kept emailing them for two weeks but they never replied. Also I could not get the call through as they would cut the call. Now I have phone with one sim slot blocked. Where as it was bought last year and I put sim in both slots last year so that it should be registered. But still one slot got blocked and other is showing registered. Does anyone know how to solve this problem with PTA.

      I wanted to make complain on citizen portal app but I cannot find category where I should register complaint against PTA.

      Any help would be appreciated.

      Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk
      Complain at complaint@pta.gov.pk and tell them you aren't getting any response from DIRBS team. They're supposed to approve the second IMEI for free, but make sure to mention both of them in the email.
      Thanks tipu2185 thanked for this post
       

    2. #62
      PG Rookie

      I am:
      Hacker
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      71
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      51.61%
      Quote Originally Posted by murtaza12 View Post
      Complain at complaint@pta.gov.pk and tell them you aren't getting any response from DIRBS team. They're supposed to approve the second IMEI for free, but make sure to mention both of them in the email.
      Thanks brother let me try.

      Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk
      Likes hamidkhatri liked this post
       
      [TP Link 1043nd v1 Gigabit Router with Wireless N 300mpbs]

    3. #63
      PG Juggernaut

      I am:
      Stressed
       
      Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:69141102
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      1,446
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      18.17%
      @murtaza12 I Know kinda off topic here but I was wondering if I could get my hands on PTA blocked phones in Karachi for cheap since they are blocked now just to mess around with them/ use them as a internet device/ music and portable gaming.. not a bad idea huh?

      Sent via phone
      Likes murtaza12 liked this post
      Thanks murtaza12 thanked for this post
       

    4. #64
      PG Rookie

      I am:
      Hacker
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      71
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      51.61%
      Quote Originally Posted by murtaza12 View Post
      Complain at complaint@pta.gov.pk and tell them you aren't getting any response from DIRBS team. They're supposed to approve the second IMEI for free, but make sure to mention both of them in the email.
      Do you have any experience with them? I mean how long do they take to respond. I got an email back on Saturday that complaint has been noted and will be worked according to SOP. Is there any way to track progress or result of complaint.

      Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

    5. #65
      Global Moderator
        murtaza12's Avatar
      Global Moderator

      I am:
      Busy
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      10,394
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      60.53%
      Quote Originally Posted by tipu2185 View Post
      Do you have any experience with them? I mean how long do they take to respond. I got an email back on Saturday that complaint has been noted and will be worked according to SOP. Is there any way to track progress or result of complaint.

      Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk
      No way to track progress of email complaints.

      Sometimes they don't even respond, but the complaint does get resolved.

      Just wait it out because technically today is 1st working day after Eid, and all lazy inefficient PTA employees are returning to office today, and because this whole DIRBS thing is so poorly implemented, they have tons of complaints regarding the same issue.

      You can email them again in 1 week if it isn't resolved.
      Thanks tipu2185 thanked for this post
       

    6. #66
      . . :::::TEH UNBOXER::::: . .

      I am:
      Amused
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      1,619
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      61.89%
      Can you register your phone via Passport even after the device is blocked?, or do you have the only option to pay tax after being blocked?

    7. #67
      I AM AWESOME

      I am:
      Innocent
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      508
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      61.14%
      Quote Originally Posted by iampasha View Post
      @murtaza12 I Know kinda off topic here but I was wondering if I could get my hands on PTA blocked phones in Karachi for cheap since they are blocked now just to mess around with them/ use them as a internet device/ music and portable gaming.. not a bad idea huh?

      Sent via phone
      Yes you can do that. A blocked phone will be basically a sim-less phone, with all other functionality intact. You can even make/recieve calls via apps like whatsapp via wifi.
      Likes iampasha liked this post
       
      100% Honesty

    8. #68
      PG Juggernaut

      I am:
      Stressed
       
      Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:69141102
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      1,446
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      18.17%
      Quote Originally Posted by XPremiuM View Post
      Yes you can do that. A blocked phone will be basically a sim-less phone, with all other functionality intact. You can even make/recieve calls via apps like whatsapp via wifi.
      Any place in Karachi that are.selling blocked phones that you know of

      Sent via phone

    9. #69
      I AM AWESOME

      I am:
      Innocent
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      508
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      61.14%
      Quote Originally Posted by iampasha View Post
      Any place in Karachi that are.selling blocked phones that you know of

      Sent via phone
      I don't think you'll find someone selling a stock of blocked phones. If you look around the market, you'll find individual blocked phones for sale which may or may not be attractively priced.

      You see, these phones aren't blocked immediately. A phone has to be active on Pak network for it to get a 2 month expiry period (at least theoretically), after which it is supposed to get blocked. Most shopkeepers don't test SIM functionality, hence most of the kit phones remain free from blockage.
      Likes iampasha liked this post
       
      100% Honesty

    10. #70
      PG Rookie

      I am:
      Hacker
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      71
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      51.61%
      Quote Originally Posted by murtaza12 View Post
      No way to track progress of email complaints.

      Sometimes they don't even respond, but the complaint does get resolved.

      Just wait it out because technically today is 1st working day after Eid, and all lazy inefficient PTA employees are returning to office today, and because this whole DIRBS thing is so poorly implemented, they have tons of complaints regarding the same issue.

      You can email them again in 1 week if it isn't resolved.
      They replied and asked for IMEI. After that they are not replying to email. Do you have any email address for escalation.

      Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

     

     

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    All times are GMT +5. The time now is 08:26 AM.


    Back to Top Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
    Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
    Copyright 2018 PakGamers. All rights reserved.