Confused

Steam ID: mbk0076
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      48.88%
      Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotic View Post
      I am using non registered note 8. Got messages from pta that it will be blocked after 60 days and it is still working after 60 days. I informed the shopkeeper about the messages and he said don't worry it will not be blocked. He said many people who got their phones registered also getting these messages. He is taking full responsibility if it gets blocked.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
      I completely agree with later part where you said even the people who got their phone Complaint are also getting the non Approved messages.

As I sold my siblings Samsung Galaxy S8 PTA Complaint to one of my friends and he Still got the spam Non Approved messages from PTA.

Even we rechecked the IMEI on PTA's website & on it's official app and it said "PTA COMPLAINT/APPROVED" Lol.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

I AM AWESOME

I am:
      Innocent

Daily Activity
      714.29%
      Lv. Percent
      34.68%
      Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotic View Post
      I am using non registered note 8. Got messages from pta that it will be blocked after 60 days and it is still working after 60 days. I informed the shopkeeper about the messages and he said don't worry it will not be blocked. He said many people who got their phones registered also getting these messages. He is taking full responsibility if it gets blocked.

See, that's what I'm talking about. Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback.

I have yet to see a person whose IMEI got blocked. I hope things remain that way...
      100% Honesty

d hypnotic

I am:
      Cool

PSN ID: d-hypnotic
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      35.49%
      Quote Originally Posted by XPremiuM View Post
      See, that's what I'm talking about. Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback.

I have yet to see a person whose IMEI got blocked. I hope things remain that way...
      Shopkeeper showed me this message that even people got it and their phone is not blocked. I was also worried about my phone but it is still running after 60 days.
      آپکے موبائل ڈیوائس کا (**************)PTA IMEI
      سے تصدیق شدہ نہیں ہے۔،آپ اپنے موبائل ڈیوائس کو پر 2019-02-08 سے استعمال کررہے ہیں۔آپکا مقررہ ساٹھ (60) دن کا وقت ختم ہوچکا ہے،لہذا آپکا IMEI کو بلاک کررہے ہیں۔

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Cool

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      54.4%
      What about gazillions of US kits available in market or being used are those PTA approved or what?

I have used plenty of these US/korean kits before

I AM AWESOME

I am:
      Innocent

Daily Activity
      714.29%
      Lv. Percent
      34.68%
      Quote Originally Posted by smaaz View Post
      What about gazillions of US kits available in market or being used are those PTA approved or what?

I have used plenty of these US/korean kits before
      Currently the market has both approved & non-approved kits for sale. Obviously the Approved ones are limited in amount & will run out of stock eventually.

AFAIK, all of the US/KOR/JAP/etc kits that are being imported now are all non-approved. So you'll have to look for old stock if you want a approved piece.
      100% Honesty

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Confused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      48.88%
      Yeah most the Smartphones sold in the market are Non Approved Kits only.

As recently on 25th March the "All Pakistan Smartphone Association" recorded a Nationwide protest against PTA Tac/Type Approval system, claiming they have invested million of rupees in this used mobile non Approved Kits Smartphones and it is a "economic murder of poor merchants" As rich merchants directly buy from Companies like Samsung, Vivo, Huawei etc whereas they can only invest in US/UK/Korean Stock Kits due to their low budget.

They even claimed most of Pak buyers market can't afford Flagships Smartphone hence that's why even some themselves prefer Kits.

Likes Mohsin Z liked this post

I AM AWESOME

I am:
      Innocent

Daily Activity
      714.29%
      Lv. Percent
      34.68%
      Quote Originally Posted by mbk99 View Post
      Yeah most the Smartphones sold in the market are Non Approved Kits only.

As recently on 25th March the "All Pakistan Smartphone Association" recorded a Nationwide protest against PTA Tac/Type Approval system, claiming they have invested million of rupees in this used mobile non Approved Kits Smartphones and it is a "economic murder of poor merchants" As rich merchants directly buy from Companies like Samsung, Vivo, Huawei etc whereas they can only invest in US/UK/Korean Stock Kits due to their low budget.

They even claimed most of Pak buyers market can't afford Flagships Smartphone hence that's why even some themselves prefer Kits.

They are right on both points. The mobile kit sale/purchase business is widespread in Pak & a lot of merchants are affected by this DIBRS BS. Also, the wide majority of users buy kit phones as well, and are not happy with this PTA approval thing either.
      100% Honesty

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Confused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      48.88%
      Yeah with the consistent Dollar Rupee deteriorations and with this new PTA Dirbs system. The prices of new & even used got pretty high.

Likes Mohsin Z liked this post
      Thanks Mohsin Z thanked for this post

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Stressed

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:69141102
      Daily Activity
      5028.57%
      Lv. Percent
      26.38%
      Quote Originally Posted by mbk99 View Post
      Yeah with the consistent Dollar Rupee deteriorations and with this new PTA Dirbs system. The prices of new & even used got pretty high.

Kinda off topic but how's that Nokia 7 plus going for you? Are Nokia phones worth the premium they ask? I have my eyes on the Nokia 5.1 plus. I'm not worried about OS because they run stock Android but how's the other things (gaming, media, battery and most importantly, cameras)

Sent from my Android

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Confused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      48.88%
      Well I personally love & prefer Stock Android and it bring timely OS and monthly security patches.

The Nokia 7 Plus can be simply defined as "Google Pixel 2 Mini" the battery life is pretty good, very good performance for day to day tasks, Decent Cameras (even though I personally don't use camera much at all).

But apart from Stock Android most internal specs depend a lot on Processor/Chipset especially Qualcomm. And the Nokia 7 Plus is Powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 660 an very good Mid-range Processor, coupled with 4GB of RAM and 64GB storage.

The SD 660 is powerful and most importantly power efficient too which affects the battery.

While Nokia 5.1 Plus is powered by Mediatek Processor which are generally powerful but have only decent battery optimization.

My suggestion would be to look for Nokia 6.1 Plus instead, as it has Snapdragon 630 processor which is pretty decent for day to day tasks.

Or a PG seller is even selling a kit only Essential PH-1 Smartphone (which was made by Andy Rubin who is known as co founder of Android) for about 33K Running on Stock Android with Snapdragon 835 Processor, which is slightly old now but still it beats most of today's processors, and the phone itself runs on latest Android version and premium Ceramic build quality. Overall it was a Flagship Smartphone which got a lot of stick due it's Camera not matching the camera of its rival like Samsung or Google Smartphones.