• Nerdy
  • Pensive
  • Roflol
  • Sad
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Yeehaw
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is stabilizer better than a UPS for Gaming PC ?

On Training

I am:
      Amused

MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      69.48%
      Quote Originally Posted by devnull View Post
      All UPS have AVR in them so they do the job of stabilizer as well. You can get a brand new 600va emerson ups for like 6k. It'll give you 10 minutes of backup power which is enough to save your files and shutdown your PC. If you want longer backup time then look into 1kva UPS. There are also frankenstein setups available where they pair a used APC UPS with car batteries. New APC UPS are quite expensive and not worth it IMO. A UPS is not a high tech machine. Even the Indians make them now.
      what is the quality of an Emerson UPS ? is it good enough ? my PC has a 600W Power Supply and a 20 Watt Monitor ( LCD ) do you think 600 VA would be able to provide me 10 minutes ? for sure ?

PG Soldier

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      14.1%
      Quote Originally Posted by Yaxir View Post
      what is the quality of an Emerson UPS ? is it good enough ? my PC has a 600W Power Supply and a 20 Watt Monitor ( LCD ) do you think 600 VA would be able to provide me 10 minutes ? for sure ?
      all 600 va or 650 va are step sine wave ups with a delay of 8 to 10 millisecond if lights comes n goes .. and also 600 va of emerson makes 320 watts .. and apc 650 va makes 400 watts .. so these ups are useless for ur load ...

On Training

I am:
      Amused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      69.48%
      Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme10 View Post
      all 600 va or 650 va are step sine wave ups with a delay of 8 to 10 millisecond if lights comes n goes .. and also 600 va of emerson makes 320 watts .. and apc 650 va makes 400 watts .. so these ups are useless for ur load ...
      I see... So what VA would i need to generate around 650 to 700 Watts?

Can you tell me the formula you're using to calculate how much VA generates how much watts?

This is first time im hearing about step sine wave ups.. So these ups always have delays? What if we want a ups without delay?

PG Soldier

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      14.1%
      Quote Originally Posted by Yaxir View Post
      I see... So what VA would i need to generate around 650 to 700 Watts?

Can you tell me the formula you're using to calculate how much VA generates how much watts?

This is first time im hearing about step sine wave ups.. So these ups always have delays? What if we want a ups without delay?
      u did fully read wot i told u earlier .. u need 1 kva that makes 670 watts of apc .. all ups have their power factors .. in apc its 0.67 in pure sinewave .. u also need a pure sine wave ups whose switching time is 2 ms .. while ur pc shutdowns in 6 ms .. theres in no such formula .. all ups brand has their own power factor ( that convert va into watts ) .. u dont need a hi fi ups without delay as u r not gonna use it with a server machine or a medical machine .. that ups without delay is called online ups .. these r very expensive ups .. so stick to small ups of 2 ms delay .. 650 va wont do the job .. buy 1 kva ..
      Thanks Yaxir thanked for this post

On Training

I am:
      Amused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      69.48%
      Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme10 View Post
      u did fully read wot i told u earlier .. u need 1 kva that makes 670 watts of apc
      sorry bro. the notation (1000va/670watt) was a bit confusing before but i fully understand your whole point now !

thanks ! this is more than enough knowledge for me to decide.

Thankyou again !