• Pensive
  • Roflol
  • Sad
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Yeehaw
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stadia Game Development into the Cloud, workable in Pakistan ?

PG Supervisor

I am:
      Nerdy

MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      99.59%

Stadia Game Development into the Cloud, workable in Pakistan ?

From a development perspective, do you think the companies/studios here in Pakistan will go for this new development business model ?

People especially from the industry here are excited but are we ready for it ? The scalability looks very impressive and there seems to be no boundary if it turns out to be a successful model ( internationally I mean ).But still we are scratching the surface here when it comes to Industry here.

Has this announcement from Google left us behind more to catch up with others or are we gonna make the best out of it if it works in upcoming years globally ?

Your opinion ?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Game Developers Required - Fresh (Karachi Only)

PG Supervisor

I am:
      Nerdy

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      99.59%
      @NaNoW @asemahassan88 @EternalBlizzard @Solid Link @Pleasant @CerebralTiger

PG Supervisor

I am:
      Nerdy

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      41.93%
      Quote Originally Posted by V3N0M View Post
      From a development perspective, do you think the companies/studios here in Pakistan will go for this new development business model ?

People especially from the industry here are excited but are we ready for it ? The scalability looks very impressive and there seems to be no boundary if it turns out to be a successful model ( internationally I mean ).But still we are scratching the surface here when it comes to Industry here.

Has this announcement from Google left us behind more to catch up with others or are we gonna make the best out of it if it works in upcoming years globally ?

Your opinion ?

I am personally really excited about Stadia and its out reach in near future. Studios from Pakistan can surely aim for the development but I am still not sure about how this model can reach audience in Pakistan. We have some other issues in hand for online gaming and streaming and for what I read a little about Stadia, getting local audience would be difficult for us but again our studios mostly focus on international content and audience. So, its good to start with it.
      Likes V3N0M liked this post

Phoenix Dawn

I am:
      Happy

PSN ID: gullfounder Steam ID: gullfounder
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      96.76%
      Quote Originally Posted by asemahassan88 View Post
      I am personally really excited about Stadia and its out reach in near future. Studios from Pakistan can surely aim for the development but I am still not sure about how this model can reach audience in Pakistan. We have some other issues in hand for online gaming and streaming and for what I read a little about Stadia, getting local audience would be difficult for us but again our studios mostly focus on international content and audience. So, its good to start with it.
      Not to mention that PTCL covers 90% of internet coverage and shittest ISP the Pakistan can offer....

Walk the path of the walky...

I am:
      Stressed

Steam ID: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198178334599
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      62.43%
      No just no.. a big no.. considering how the broadband situation is currently in almost every part of Pak i think this wont last a week.. People are excited yeah heck even i was i was excited when i saw it but its because we saw it working in a much better environment..

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Amused

PSN ID: neokonig Steam ID: neox3d1
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      52.38%
      I think that it is a bad move, I mean we're only paying for game access, it is already bad with Steam and other DRMs but this is on a different level. A game being run serverside is a different beast. What about modding?

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Fine

Gamertag: CerebralTiger PSN ID: CerebralTiger Steam ID: CerebralTiger
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      54.57%
      I think the business model itself can align well with GaaS, but for studios in Pakistan to support it would depend on how the country's internet infrastructure evolves in the coming years. The scalability is indeed impressive, and concerns regarding minimum hardware requirements from the end-user can potentially be eliminated.
      Likes V3N0M liked this post

Lazy guy :s

I am:
      Bored

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      86.79%
      I still don't know what audience studios in Pakistan try to target. As asema said, if the studios are targeting international audience, they can surely give Stadia a try, but it's not working in any way here in Pakistan. Even Internationally, I think it's pretty much of a challenge. We'll just have to wait and see how popular it gets internationally and then maybe some studios here would start diving into this shit.

PG Supervisor

I am:
      Nerdy

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      99.59%
      Stadia on the other hand recommends at least 25Mbps connection for a 1080p 60 FPS. That's a starter package.

Whereas according to last year survey, the average worldwide bandwith connection is between 20-25 Mbps.

Now considering the Stadia is meant for scalability no studio will go for a 1080p 60 FPS content because thats already achieveable on current gen consoles. Everyone will at least aim for a 2K 60FPS so that already rules out the 25Mbps requirement for a basic package.

We are then talking about at least 40Mbps now to stream the content which should is the true expectation from Stadia, 2K 60FPS at least.

Likes Solid Link liked this post

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Fine

PSN ID: Mohsinmk
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      2.22%
      If you have PTCL and you wish to use such service phir tu boss mein yahi kahonga yeh wala nasha karna
      Likes Solid Link liked this post

To Buy PS4 games, PSN cards, PS4 Skins contact me pm or call on these numbers +923340519000
      +923330372982