• Amused
  • Angry
  • Bored
  • Busy
  • Cheeky
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Devilish
  • Fine
  • Hacker
  • Happy
  • In Love
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Nerdy
  • Pensive
  • Roflol
  • Sad
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Yeehaw
  • Likes Likes:  0
    Thanks Thanks:  0
    Results 1 to 6 of 6

    Thread: OC'ing a Geforce 9800GT

    1. #1
      PG Juggernaut

      I am:
      Yeehaw
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      974
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      33.67%

      OC'ing a Geforce 9800GT

      i have installed https://picclick.fr/XFX-NVIDIA-GeFor...603295324.html in dell inspiron 570 pc if anyone had experience with geforce 9800gt cards tell me the best stable clocks for this GPU by the way its regular 9800GT card but looks like green edition due to missing 6 pin connector i am not sure upon OC'ing it will be capable of pulling out extra power from PCI express 2.0 slot
      Bumpy's Arcade Fantasy

    2. #2
      PG Juggernaut

      I am:
      Busy
       
      PSN ID: mazzzzuuuukic
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      643
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      22.13%
      Damn man! You'll have to mess with the volts.
      Try:
      Core: 630-640
      Shader: 1550-1600
      Mem: 1000-1100

    3. #3
      PG Juggernaut

      I am:
      Yeehaw
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      974
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      33.67%
      Quote Originally Posted by mazkraven View Post
      Damn man! You'll have to mess with the volts.
      Try:
      Core: 630-640
      Shader: 1550-1600
      Mem: 1000-1100
      what do you mean by volts i gonna use msi afterburner for that purpose...
      Default : GPU 600 MHz
      Mem 900 MHz
      Shader 1500 MHz
      now tell me how far can this gpu overclocked
      Bumpy's Arcade Fantasy

    4. #4
      Global Moderator
        nafu's Avatar
      Moderator PC Hardware

      I am:
      Fine
       
      PSN ID: nafu Steam ID: The N
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      6,424
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      11.42%
      Quote Originally Posted by Shining Wizard View Post
      what do you mean by volts i gonna use msi afterburner for that purpose...
      Default : GPU 600 MHz
      Mem 900 MHz
      Shader 1500 MHz
      now tell me how far can this gpu overclocked
      I had absolutely no experience overclocking old GT9xxx GPUs, but overclocking this card surely not worth it. Why do you want to overclock it anyway?

      As for Volts, you need to unlock it. By raising it, you are allowing GPU to producing high temperature resulting in more heat.

    5. #5
      PG Juggernaut

      I am:
      Yeehaw
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      974
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      33.67%
      Quote Originally Posted by nafu View Post
      I had absolutely no experience overclocking old GT9xxx GPUs, but overclocking this card surely not worth it. Why do you want to overclock it anyway?

      As for Volts, you need to unlock it. By raising it, you are allowing GPU to producing high temperature resulting in more heat.
      Then how to unlock the GPU voltages are you guys talking about overclocking in hardware if yes then i have no experience in hardware overclocking original gpu become faulty so i will give it to a repair personnel until then i want to play some casual games so i put 9800GT instead surprisingly its providing exceptional performance in GTA5 still wondering if overclocking would be much helpful the GPU itself does not seems to be ancient only the small amount of RAM (512MB) is holding the GPU back
      Bumpy's Arcade Fantasy

    6. #6
      Global Moderator
        nafu's Avatar
      Moderator PC Hardware

      I am:
      Fine
       
      PSN ID: nafu Steam ID: The N
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      6,424
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      11.42%
      Quote Originally Posted by Shining Wizard View Post
      Then how to unlock the GPU voltages are you guys talking about overclocking in hardware if yes then i have no experience in hardware overclocking original gpu become faulty so i will give it to a repair personnel until then i want to play some casual games so i put 9800GT instead surprisingly its providing exceptional performance in GTA5 still wondering if overclocking would be much helpful the GPU itself does not seems to be ancient only the small amount of RAM (512MB) is holding the GPU back
      Core voltage allow GPU to generate even more headroom than it typically offer at default voltage. However, it is always risky for people who are new or doesn't know a bit about how overclocking can be done. So I'd advise you to avoid doing it. As for gaming performance, overclock rather unstable the GPU in games. Generally, with 100 to 200 MHz overclocking, the FPS boost will not be more 4-5, that too comes with added bonus; Crashes, BSOD, reboots etc. . Therefore, risking your GPU for so little performance gain is mere stupidity.

      I remember doing the GPU overclocking only for benchmarking purpose and never had done for gaming. Also, I'd recommend you to save some cash and get a better GPU so that you can enjoy the latest games.

     

     

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    All times are GMT +5. The time now is 07:08 PM.


    Back to Top Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
    Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
    Copyright 2018 PakGamers. All rights reserved.