Devilish

Gamertag: wijie1993 PSN ID: wijie1993
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      76.33%

Nayatel's horrible upload speed

I realise that anything that goes through Pakistani hands must excel at mediocrity at the world stage but my foolish self actually believed that Nayatel was better than PTCL. How wrong was I.

Anyway, the upload speed is shit. It takes a good 10 seconds to upload a pdf of 108KB. Yes, Kilobytes with a K. And 22 minutes for 16MBs.

The support staff is rude. I tell them that I am having trouble with uploading files to whatsapp, their reply 'jee humain nai pata whatsapp kaise chalta hai, mei apko link deta hun uspe upload speed check kar lein' like wtf?? What do I need to check my speed for when the basic things like whatsapp and gmail attachments take ages to work. Super rude and useless customer support.

08-03-2019

Can anyone help on how to fix the upload issues.

Speedtest is a lie but here is a result.
      Last edited by WajieRaja; 08-03-19 at 07:26 PM.

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Fine

Gamertag: CerebralTiger PSN ID: CerebralTiger Steam ID: CerebralTiger
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      96.62%
      Perhaps you need to call in support to have a look at your setup.

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      54.05%
      Also, treat people the way you want to be treated. I can't comment what exactly you spoke to them, but just remember that be it PTCL, Nayatel, Zong or whoever, the person at the other end of the phone call is also a human being.

That said, I've never had an issue with Nayatel. Are you a torrenter/seedbox uploader? Are you checking via wifi or wired ethernet? Are you sure nobody else, as well as no other app, is using the internet while you're testing? Because your downstream looks fine for 10Mbps but the only reason why you'd get such low upload speeds is if your network is congested.

Also, have you checked that your machine isn't bogged down with malware orthere's no inordinate CPU usage?

PG Soldier

I am:
      Amused

PSN ID: peacegamer1994
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      99.57%
      Quote Originally Posted by shaheerk View Post
      Also, treat people the way you want to be treated. I can't comment what exactly you spoke to them, but just remember that be it PTCL, Nayatel, Zong or whoever, the person at the other end of the phone call is also a human being.

That said, I've never had an issue with Nayatel. Are you a torrenter/seedbox uploader? Are you checking via wifi or wired ethernet? Are you sure nobody else, as well as no other app, is using the internet while you're testing? Because your downstream looks fine for 10Mbps but the only reason why you'd get such low upload speeds is if your network is congested.

Also, have you checked that your machine isn't bogged down with malware orthere's no inordinate CPU usage?
      Nayatel is a fiber based company he should get 10mb upload and download with that said I have 20mb stormfiber. I get full upload speed even if everyone in my home is downloading at the same time. Besides which fiber based company have data limits.

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Devilish

Gamertag: wijie1993 PSN ID: wijie1993
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      76.33%
      Quote Originally Posted by CerebralTiger View Post
      Perhaps you need to call in support to have a look at your setup.

I tried. I'll do it again. They keep saying things like its working fine here etc. I mean, how does that help me?

Quote Originally Posted by shaheerk View Post
      Take the manners brigade somewhere else buddy.
      Likes iampasha liked this post

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Fine

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      96.62%
      Quote Originally Posted by WajieRaja View Post
      I tried. I'll do it again. They keep saying things like its working fine here etc. I mean, how does that help me?
      The problem with Nayatel support is that they're so hellbent on troubleshooting customer complaints using their own standard procedures that they otherwise don't investigate queries even if it's an obvious issue. Following their instructions to test your connection statistics is pretty much the only way to get them to issue a trouble ticket.

King Of The Kings

I am:
      Devilish

PSN ID: Mister_Gutsy101 Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Mister_Gutsy
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      80.96%
      Quote Originally Posted by CerebralTiger View Post
      The problem with Nayatel support is that they're so hellbent on troubleshooting customer complaints using their own standard procedures that they otherwise don't investigate queries even if it's an obvious issue. Following their instructions to test your connection statistics is pretty much the only way to get them to issue a trouble ticket.
      This is true for almost all companies including in the west. You have to understand that telephone/complain operators are not network admins with advanced knowledge. No company is going to employ 10s or 100s of professionals to handle complains on telephone. Network admins don't come cheap.
      Your normal complaint handler has basic knowledge of company and they are issued a guideline book which has the standard procedure to follow in print. Its just basic stuff which you have to follow and if that doesn't fix only then they are supposed to escalate the issue to concerned person.
      Yesterday i contacted origin/EA support and i had to follow through the same normal procedure. I was in chat for 45 Minutes following stuff like (Please clear your history and retry store) and only after following each steps did he registered my case.

So next time when you contact any support don't assume you are talking with an expert who will be able to fix your problem out right. That's not how things work 99% of the time.
      Likes nasha007 liked this post

Steam Profile:http://steamcommunity.com/id/Mister_Gutsy

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Fine

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      96.62%
      Quote Originally Posted by MrGutsy View Post
      This is true for almost all companies including in the west. You have to understand that telephone/complain operators are not network admins with advanced knowledge. No company is going to employ 10s or 100s of professionals to handle complains on telephone. Network admins don't come cheap.
      Your normal complaint handler has basic knowledge of company and they are issued a guideline book which has the standard procedure to follow in print. Its just basic stuff which you have to follow and if that doesn't fix only then they are supposed to escalate the issue to concerned person.
      Yesterday i contacted origin/EA support and i had to follow through the same normal procedure. I was in chat for 45 Minutes following stuff like (Please clear your history and retry store) and only after following each steps did he registered my case.

So next time when you contact any support don't assume you are talking with an expert who will be able to fix your problem out right. That's not how things work 99% of the time.
      I'm aware that they aren't experts, but they aren't supposed to be entirely clueless either. Yes indeed, standard procedures have to be followed, but they should lead to a fruitful outcome, which didn't seem to be the case here:

Quote Originally Posted by WajieRaja View Post
      They keep saying things like its working fine here etc.
      Also, EA support is a nightmare.
      Last edited by CerebralTiger; 07-02-19 at 10:36 PM.

On Training

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      96.43%
      Nayatel support isn't half as good as it used to be. I often have to make multiple calls and emails before I can get something going. I've also faced recurrent issues with problems that have been "fixed", because the tech will tell me he'll fix it right after the call, doesn't, and the whole thing happens again.

The guy who installed my router (to the huawei modem) set the same login/pw for both devices, ensuring me that any computer/phone would automatically pick the device with the stronger signal. This didn't happen and ended up being very problematic. I called them up to ask how to change the login/pw to one of the devices (I'm quite computer illiterate). They said it wasn't possible for me to do it via my laptop, and someone would have to visit. A tech came, attached his laptop, changed the login/pw. I didn't even have to ask him, he voluntarily told me I didn't need a home visit for this, as I could've easily been instructed over the phone.

Over the last 3-4 years I've had many problems like this. Following up is useless cuz theres no chance of a refund. Nayatel purports to follow "rules", but these rules always seem to be in Nayatels favors. Its quite monopolistic now, and it shows.

Honestly, some ISPs in other cities have badly overtaken Nayatel in every way. I wish we had some competition here.

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      54.05%
      Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent View Post
      Nayatel support isn't half as good as it used to be. I often have to make multiple calls and emails before I can get something going. I've also faced recurrent issues with problems that have been "fixed", because the tech will tell me he'll fix it right after the call, doesn't, and the whole thing happens again.

The guy who installed my router (to the huawei modem) set the same login/pw for both devices, ensuring me that any computer/phone would automatically pick the device with the stronger signal. This didn't happen and ended up being very problematic. I called them up to ask how to change the login/pw to one of the devices (I'm quite computer illiterate). They said it wasn't possible for me to do it via my laptop, and someone would have to visit. A tech came, attached his laptop, changed the login/pw. I didn't even have to ask him, he voluntarily told me I didn't need a home visit for this, as I could've easily been instructed over the phone.

Over the last 3-4 years I've had many problems like this. Following up is useless cuz theres no chance of a refund. Nayatel purports to follow "rules", but these rules always seem to be in Nayatels favors. Its quite monopolistic now, and it shows.

Honestly, some ISPs in other cities have badly overtaken Nayatel in every way. I wish we had some competition here.
      PTCL VDSL (considering their fiber coverage isn't everywhere, I guess)? Lol.

You have Optix in a few corners of Pindi. Then there's Transworld if you live in DHA 1/2 or Bahria phase 1.

Not much of a choice. But I'm surprised you're having issues with their customer service. I didn't (and I only stopped using them in September cause we shifted houses and there's no Nayatel where I live).

But the limited bandwidth they give you won't work with my IPTV requirements.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk