PSN ID: Wajhi Steam ID: NaNoW
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      4.89%

Want to work in video games ? Any guidance needed - Ask away

I know my journey to videogames was not the smoothest, but I feel I am in a position where I can give something back to the community and try to help .

I have been helping a few people out on IGDA pakistan's discord channel, but if any people from Pakgamers wants to contact me

either pm here, post it in this thread or follow/PM me on twitter :https://twitter.com/Wajhijaf

Likes neox3d, Taimoor Baig, EternalBlizzard liked this post
      Thanks Taimoor Baig thanked for this post

The Artful Dodger

I am:
      Confused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      96.41%
      Quote Originally Posted by NaNoW View Post

I know my journey to videogames was not the smoothest, but I feel I am in a position where I can give something back to the community and try to help .

I have been helping a few people out on IGDA pakistan's discord channel, but if any people from Pakgamers wants to contact me

either pm here, post it in this thread or follow/PM me on twitter :https://twitter.com/Wajhijaf

Assalam o Alaikum. I am a student of X1 (First Year/11th Class). I was thinking that instead of continuing X1, i should get admission in Aptech and complete the 3 years course called ACCP Prime ( http://aptech-education.com.pk/cours...ml?course=accp ). Then i will go for GAD ( Game Art Design 2 years course ) ( http://www.arena-pakistan.com/gad.html ).......

I want to pursue GAME DEVELOPMENT...... But Passing Intermediate and then Getting admission in UBIT for BSCS is getting a quite difficult for me...... I mean, i am not a guy who just get dissolves into books..... I am a person who likes practical work...( Like making game mods...... Studying ACCP....) Please guide me sir...

Regards,
      Mirza Taimoor Baig

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Stressed

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:69141102
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      20.11%
      Quote Originally Posted by Taimoor Baig View Post
      Assalam o Alaikum. I am a student of X1 (First Year/11th Class). I was thinking that instead of continuing X1, i should get admission in Aptech and complete the 3 years course called ACCP Prime ( http://aptech-education.com.pk/cours...ml?course=accp ). Then i will go for GAD ( Game Art Design 2 years course ) ( http://www.arena-pakistan.com/gad.html ).......

I want to pursue GAME DEVELOPMENT...... But Passing Intermediate and then Getting admission in UBIT for BSCS is getting a quite difficult for me...... I mean, i am not a guy who just get dissolves into books..... I am a person who likes practical work...( Like making game mods...... Studying ACCP....) Please guide me sir...

Regards,
      Mirza Taimoor Baig
      I just wanna say don't go to Aptech. The administration is terrible, computers are barely functioning 10 year old core 2 quads, the same goes for 2007 era boxy monitors which are terrible for coding work, the exams never happen on time and you have to beg for the them to Happen, classes are three times a day for only 2 hours and the fee is extraordinary high. If you wanna possibly waste three years of your life and money then go full right ahead

Sent from my Infinix HOT 4 using Tapatalk
      Likes Taimoor Baig liked this post

The Artful Dodger

I am:
      Confused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      96.41%
      Quote Originally Posted by iampasha View Post
      I just wanna say don't go to Aptech. The administration is terrible, computers are barely functioning 10 year old core 2 quads, the same goes for 2007 era boxy monitors which are terrible for coding work, the exams never happen on time and you have to beg for the them to Happen, classes are three times a day for only 2 hours and the fee is extraordinary high. If you wanna possibly waste three years of your life and money then go full right ahead

Sent from my Infinix HOT 4 using Tapatalk
      Oh! Thanks sir..! You almost saved my future! By the way.... Whenever i ask someone that, "What do you say about Aptech?" so everyone's like ITS GREAT! EXCELLENT CHOICE and blah blah blah! So i was quite astonished after reading your reply... So can you guide me what should I do instead of Going Aptech and GAD..? :/

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Stressed

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:69141102
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      20.11%
      Ask any student studying in aptech, he will say the same as me lol. However, dont just let that stop you as you in the end have to make a decision for your self...i'll advise visiting aptech atleast once to get a general idea of that place...who knows the one branch on your side might be good. As for the advice, i dont think i m in the position to give you one quite honestly..there are people here that can give you advice much better than me

The Artful Dodger

I am:
      Confused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      96.41%

Lazy guy :s

I am:
      Bored

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      0.11%
      The best way would be to do BSCS. Game Dev isn't an easy field you can get into by just doing a Unity course or something. You can maybe but you will skip on a lot and when I say a lot its "a lot".
      Game development requires Mathematics, Linear Algebra and basic Physics Understanding. Aptech doesn't teach you shit. Aptech is more for coders not programmers. And almost any good place looks for atleast Bachelors for hiring people in game development. In foreign countries it might be an exception as there are good focused colleges around Game Dev, but here the best choice is to do BSCS. Nobody's asking you to ace in every subject, just go BSCS, focus on your subjects and try to atleast get passing marks in others that's it.

My RPGMaker project : http://www.pakgamers.com/forums/f27/...e-me-n-140077/
      My friend's Unity project : http://www.pakgamers.com/forums/f27/...kin-so-138892/

The Artful Dodger

I am:
      Confused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      96.41%
      Quote Originally Posted by EternalBlizzard View Post
      The best way would be to do BSCS. Game Dev isn't an easy field you can get into by just doing a Unity course or something. You can maybe but you will skip on a lot and when I say a lot its "a lot".
      Game development requires Mathematics, Linear Algebra and basic Physics Understanding. Aptech doesn't teach you shit. Aptech is more for coders not programmers. And almost any good place looks for atleast Bachelors for hiring people in game development. In foreign countries it might be an exception as there are good focused colleges around Game Dev, but here the best choice is to do BSCS. Nobody's asking you to ace in every subject, just go BSCS, focus on your subjects and try to atleast get passing marks in others that's it.
      But i am a poor lad Can't afford studying in a private university....... So i was thinking of UBIT..... What is the minimum percentage required to appear in aptitude test for BSCS in UBIT (Morning) ?

Lazy guy :s

I am:
      Bored

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      0.11%
      Quote Originally Posted by Taimoor Baig View Post
      But i am a poor lad Can't afford studying in a private university....... So i was thinking of UBIT..... What is the minimum percentage required to appear in aptitude test for BSCS in UBIT (Morning) ?
      I think around 50%. You can also opt for evening. Evening is better than morning and may require much less effort to get in

My RPGMaker project : http://www.pakgamers.com/forums/f27/...e-me-n-140077/
      My friend's Unity project : http://www.pakgamers.com/forums/f27/...kin-so-138892/

The Artful Dodger

I am:
      Confused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      96.41%
      Quote Originally Posted by EternalBlizzard View Post

I planned this... May Allah help me..

1. Intermediate (From Computer Science)
      2. ACCP Prime (From Aptech)
      3. GAD (2 Year Course)
      4. BSCS (From UBIT)
      5. Work for a decent studio WITH DECENT SALARY in Pakistan (For 3 years)
      6. Save Money and go to USA for M.CS (From a good University)
      7. And settle their eventually...

May Allah help me...AMEEN :/