• Nerdy
  • Pensive
  • Roflol
  • Sad
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Yeehaw
  • Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Hisense 55U7A review, 55" 4K HDR 120Hz for 84K, is it worth it?

PG Newbie

I am:
      ----

MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      0%
      My only gripe right now is the firmware. It's about time they released a firmware update for the Pakistan region. We are still stuck at april 2018 version whereas UK and other regions are getting new firmware literally every month. Their reps have no clue when an update would be available. AFAIK the Plex app for example can't stream 4K videos from PLEX server without transcoding on the factory firmware for PK region.
      Last edited by raed; 19-09-19 at 02:55 PM.

PG Rookie

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      5.8%
      Quote Originally Posted by raed View Post
      My only gripe right now is the firmware. It's about time they released a firmware update for the Pakistan region. We are still stuck at april 2018 version whereas UK and other regions are getting new firmware literally every month. Their reps have no clue when an update would be available. AFAIK the Plex app for example can't stream 4K videos from PLEX server without transcoding on the factory firmware for PK region.
      I made a complaint on their UAN number about PTCL Smart TV app not available on their VEWD app store and about Firmware updates, got multiple call backs, each time a person higher than earlier inquiring about my complaint and promising that they will convey this to the top but this was back in December 2018. The problem is that TriAngels which is the company that is importing, assembling and selling Hisense in Pakistan, needs to push Hisense for these Firmwares and additions and think about usage of the TVs in Pakistani market.

PG Newbie

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      0%
      Quote Originally Posted by Simonsayz View Post
      I made a complaint on their UAN number about PTCL Smart TV app not available on their VEWD app store and about Firmware updates, got multiple call backs, each time a person higher than earlier inquiring about my complaint and promising that they will convey this to the top but this was back in December 2018. The problem is that TriAngels which is the company that is importing, assembling and selling Hisense in Pakistan, needs to push Hisense for these Firmwares and additions and think about usage of the TVs in Pakistani market.
      Lol, porting PTCL app (which already sucks on Android) to VidaaU OS is improbable thinking bro. I'd be happy and contented with tweaks and bug fixes to existing apps via firmware updates.

"Walk tall my friend"

I am:
      Bored

PSN ID: hellahsan Steam ID: D3mon_k1ng
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      63.17%
      Whats the response rate of it while gamings?

PG Rookie

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      5.8%
      Quote Originally Posted by sweetstyle View Post
      Whats the response rate of it while gamings?
      Quoted from AVForums' review:

"Input Lag
      The H55U7A has a games mode switch in the picture presets that should be switched on to get the lowest lag time possible. Input lag was 31ms in both SDR and HDR varieties and gaming on the Hisense U7A was good fun with an HDR image that was consistent and bright enough throughout, with no dimming over time. "

I have my gaming PC connected to this and mainly game on the TV, in my own experience, numbers aside, there isn't any noticeable input lag, I play CS GO, Overwatch, PUBG etc which are all competitive online multiplayer games and I play at 1080p @ 120Hz with Game Mode ON. Right now I'm into Gears 5 multiplayer which I play at 4K@60, just coz it looks so beautiful at 4K
      Likes sweetstyle liked this post

On Training

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      64.6%
      Salam Alikum brother, glad to know you have great experience with hisense. I'm also considering hisense but since this model is not available anymore and hisense only have 1 more model that comes in 65 inch, so I am considering Hisense A6100 65 inch. Mostly good reviews but I read couple of reviews that they are not best for movies specifically when their is fast paced shots and get blurry/pixelated.

Can you please confirm if you noticed this issue?

Also your input on hisense A6100? Should I get Hisense? Do you recommend? Main goal is just movies, Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Many Thanks

PG Newbie

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      0%
      Quote Originally Posted by shussain5 View Post
      Salam Alikum brother, glad to know you have great experience with hisense. I'm also considering hisense but since this model is not available anymore and hisense only have 1 more model that comes in 65 inch, so I am considering Hisense A6100 65 inch. Mostly good reviews but I read couple of reviews that they are not best for movies specifically when their is fast paced shots and get blurry/pixelated.

Can you please confirm if you noticed this issue?

Also your input on hisense A6100? Should I get Hisense? Do you recommend? Main goal is just movies, Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Many Thanks
      When I bought mine last year, a6100 was also available along with the U7A, the price difference was about 15k. AFAIK, the panel on A6100 was inferior and lacking WCG or 120Hz. You should call their UAN and inquire about future availability chances on the U7A. With such a small price difference I don't recommend a6100 unless they have discontinued U7A. As for fast motion problem, it happens with any brand tv when motion-smoothing is used. I have ultra smooth motion turned OFF for movies.
      Last edited by raed; 15-10-19 at 04:29 PM.

On Training

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      64.6%
      When I bought mine last year, a6100 was also available along with the U7A, the price difference was about 15k. AFAIK, the panel on A6100 was inferior and lacking WCG or 120Hz. You should call their UAN and inquire about future availability chances on the U7A. With such a small price difference I don't recommend a6100 unless they have discontinued U7A. As for fast motion problem, it happens with any brand tv when motion-smoothing is used. I have ultra smooth motion turned OFF for movies.
      Yes, I checked with Hisense UAN support, they said it's out of stock and have no idea when/IF it will be in stock or not.
      I even asked if they've any idea on the upcoming models so I could wait if I know what's coming next, but they said at this stage they've no idea what/when the new models will be released.

BTW as for price, Hisense A6100 65 inch model is 130K, while so far I checked price of 65 inch U7A online, its easily around 175-190K, which is a big difference.
      I even called several of the Hisense sellers (got phone numbers from Hisense Pakistan website) but none of them had U7A available in stock, and the price of 65 inch A6100 was between 130K to 145K.

Is 120Hz Native on U7A 4K? Or is it only for 1080p 120Hz?

So there is that.

PG Newbie

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      0%
      Quote Originally Posted by shussain5 View Post
      Yes, I checked with Hisense UAN support, they said it's out of stock and have no idea when/IF it will be in stock or not.
      I even asked if they've any idea on the upcoming models so I could wait if I know what's coming next, but they said at this stage they've no idea what/when the new models will be released.

BTW as for price, Hisense A6100 65 inch model is 130K, while so far I checked price of 65 inch U7A online, its easily around 175-190K, which is a big difference.
      I even called several of the Hisense sellers (got phone numbers from Hisense Pakistan website) but none of them had U7A available in stock, and the price of 65 inch A6100 was between 130K to 145K.

Is 120Hz Native on U7A 4K? Or is it only for 1080p 120Hz?

So there is that.
      4k@120 would be too much data for HDMI 2.0. So its 1080@120. Prices have gone up, so seems like a6100 is your realistic choice now unless you wanna wait for new models and promotions. You might also wanna check P8S from TCL.

On Training

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      64.6%
      4k@120 would be too much data for HDMI 2.0. So its 1080@120. Prices have gone up, so seems like a6100 is your realistic choice now unless you wanna wait for new models and promotions. You might also wanna check P8S from TCL.
      I was considering TCL P8S, it looked nice but I read a lot of bad reviews about TCL product quality.
      And TCL is literally putting a lot of fake positive reviews on their FB page and that alone is a good enough reason for me to stay away from TCL, bcoz I don't want to buy from liars.

I can consider A6100, but IDK, it kind of feels like its saying out loud, "I'M JUST AN ENTRY LEVEL 4K TV". lol
      I think U7A looked bit more premium than this I guess?
      But honestly its super frustrating how backward we're when in comes to tech.

Big brand prices are almost 2X-3X than what they sell for in the USA, as if Pakistanis are richer than Americans????? like WTH.

Anyways, I'll visit a display center and check the quality of A6100 myself.