Devilish

MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      90.56%

Need Advise Buying 55 inch 4K TV

Hello everyone,

So I'm planning to get a 50-55 incher 4k TV and looking for some expert advise from you guys.

Should be under Rs.125000

Currently I have the 2 on my list,

55 inch LG 55UJ634 (Web OS 3.5 is amazing) and 49 inch Sony X70F (the 55 incher sony goes beyond my budget)

Not looking for a TCL as I've already had a bad experience.

Main use would be Movies & 4k Content.

Requirements: Absolutely FIN-TAS-TIC picture/video quality. I dont care about the sound and I dont care about service centers.

Any advise from you would be appreciated.

Thank you.

PG Superstar

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      19.62%
      Don't get LG. The Sony is overpriced.

If you can up your budget to 140k, get the Samsung Mu8000 (55" available at 140k without warranty)- it's the only set in this price range that properly supports HDR (i.e. the screen has WCG and peak brightness is close to 1,000 nits).

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Busy

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      12.04%
      Quote Originally Posted by v9sp View Post
      Plz explain why not LG?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

PG Superstar

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      19.62%
      Quote Originally Posted by hamidkhatri View Post
      Plz explain why not LG?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
      LG LED panels aren't rated highly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme10 View Post
      MU series is old series .. i bought NU7100 55 inch @ 115,000 from college road lahore .. but unfortunately cux of my mistake i accidentally broke its panel during fitting it on wall mount and i used it only for 2 days .. samsung told me that nothing can be done and told me to scrap it and buy new one .. so kindly handle ur led carefully ...
      Uhh...MU series was introduced in 2017...so not THAT old - NU only was launched in March 2018. NU7100 is 1000 times worse than MU8000 - I have compared both TVs side by side. NU7100 is the bottom of the barrel 4k offering from Samsung.

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Devilish

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      90.56%
      Quote Originally Posted by v9sp View Post

If you can up your budget to 140k, get the Samsung Mu8000 (55" available at 140k without warranty)- it's the only set in this price range that properly supports HDR (i.e. the screen has WCG and peak brightness is close to 1,000 nits).
      LG has an IPS panel which gets my attention. Samsung is something i'm trying to avoid.

Also, the MU8000 and MU7000 are almost identical in picture quality. The dude at Hyperstar recommended the MU7000 over the 8000. Also, I did see a review of both compared side by side and they are near to identical.

I know Sony is overpriced but is it better than the LG and Samsung?

Oh and thanks for replying.

PG Superstar

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      41.9%
      Quote Originally Posted by OmMeE View Post
      LG has an IPS panel which gets my attention. Samsung is something i'm trying to avoid.

Also, the MU8000 and MU7000 are almost identical in picture quality. The dude at Hyperstar recommended the MU7000 over the 8000. Also, I did see a review of both compared side by side and they are near to identical.

I know Sony is overpriced but is it better than the LG and Samsung?

Oh and thanks for replying.
      either buy LG or Panasonic .samsung tv is prone to black spots and Sony stuff is expensive as hell with no added benefits

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Devilish

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      90.56%
      Quote Originally Posted by golabucha View Post
      either buy LG or Panasonic .samsung tv is prone to black spots and Sony stuff is expensive as hell with no added benefits
      Quote Originally Posted by jibrangulabbasi View Post
      the man speaks the truth
      but in ur budget you wont be able to get it
      go for samsung without warranty its the best choice
      do not buy local eco star, tcl tvs their picture quality is pure garbage when u compare it with samsung
      i have a samsung ks8000 been using it for almost 2 years now and didnt had a single problem with it , warranty walay scam hain just find a local shop get a m or n series samsung
      Quote Originally Posted by GoldenHawk View Post
      "Fantastic picture quality" LG B7V Oled but inst in your budget sadly goes for about 180k without warranty

It is the BEST TV for 4k HDR/Gaming available locally
      Guys, I know the more money I spent will get me the best available TV.

Point for asking advise is, there has to be a specific model out there in my budget which has fantastic (50% of OLED/QLED ) picture quality???

Ab aaisa tou nai hosakta na k insaan 200k nahin day sakta tou TV na lay :P

Just need to opinions on the best POSSIBLE options available in my budget.

My apologies if I said something wrong.

Thank you.
      @NaNoW

PG Juggernaut
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Happy

Gamertag: Unknown837 PSN ID: Unknown837 Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Goldenhawk814
      Daily Activity
      714.29%
      Lv. Percent
      19.21%

Point for asking advise is, there has to be a specific model out there in my budget which has fantastic (50% of OLED/QLED ) picture quality???

Thank you.
      @NaNoW
      TV toh bohot hain jigger low price mein lekin app ki requirement 4k content ki hai with superior picture quality us mein LG B7 ata hai.

agar 125k tak hi dekhna hai toh TCL key new series launch hui hai us mein koi dekh loo lekin be warned its crap for 4k hdr and imo not worth wasting money on better to increase budget and get a tv you use for 4-5 years

I Recommend the LG B7V i bought one in January and loved it soo much that bought another last month for another room its just that good at 4k

King Of The Kings

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      36.81%

Thank you.
      @NaNoW
      Lalay tv aur bv aik hee dafa achi lainay chahiye warna for life regret hee rehta hai ��
      Jokes aside go for Samsung n series whatever model is in ur budget

PG Superstar

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      19.62%
      Wrong. I have compared both and went with the MU8000. It has proper HDR support, i.e Wide colour gamut and 1000 nit brightness. Mu7000 has neither. Oh and the Mu8000 is a 120hz panel with high quality motion support.

I have watched 80gb 4K HDR rips on this TV. The picture quality is amazing.