Yeehaw

Gamertag: ThyLord666
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      8.33%
      Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
      Surface Book 2 was the most innovative laptop design in the industry last year, before the release of Asus's all screen Project PreCog. I really disliked the inconsistent hinge, which was a chore to detach and won't always work (due to software, instead of hardware button). Plus, whatever Microsoft was smoking designing that hideous huge bezel screen (low f*ckin res too). That's not it. The balance distribution of keyboard and screen components is designed to work on a table, and just doesn't work on my lap. (Keyboard section needs to be heavier to stay on the lap). Dishonorable mention of sh*t battery life, and one of the shittiest speakers on a laptop i have seen.

Side by side, Matebook X Pro puts the Surface Book 2 to absolute shame. The gorgeous almost bezel-less display, battery life, ports selection, booming speakers ... and the most important aspect, PRICE. As @frac beautifully sums it up, Matebook X Pro is Huawei's "fuck you" to all other laptops in the market. Period.

And i'm not just saying because i bought one. I have been researching for 5 months. Not just online, but visiting and personally using all available choices (in shopping malls, here in Dubai). And even after all this time after it's release, Matebook X Pro is STILL THE BEST option available in the market right now. Hands Down.
      Huawei certainly looks good, but at this price, I'm wondering what their customer care is like, if for example the battery goes bad prematurely or any other hardware fault.
      Remember there are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

$heeda Pastol

I am:
      Pensive

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      65.73%
      Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ammar View Post
      Huawei certainly looks good, but at this price, I'm wondering what their customer care is like, if for example the battery goes bad prematurely or any other hardware fault.
      Honestly, i'm not very hopeful. Huawei, sadly, doesn't have a very good presence in UAE especially regarding their laptops. So i know how had it'll be if i come across a problem. Plus, only a handful of bad reviews regarding customer service were seen on Amazon, or web in general. So you should check those as well. Generally, this product didn't see much negative reviews. 99% of them are favorable.

Thankfully, i was lucky that my import was perfect without any issue. And i wish it stays that way. Otherwise ... well, to put it simply, I'M F*CKED.]

So yeah, there that risk i took. But trust me, well worth it, when you get to see this device in person.
      PakGamers Rules - Read :: Memorize :: Obey

PG @ Facebook | PG @ Twitter | PG @ Google+

Like a Post if it has helped you

For any urgent matter, contact at abobobilly@pakgamers.com (Urgent matters ONLY)

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Amused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      56.66%
      Well, if one's paying that much for a device, which literally has no chance of having decent after sales support, then I truly hope you get to enjoy it to its fullest.

Laptop certainly nails its looks when it comes to Windows laptop. But you have to admit the risk is simply too great.

Do keep us posted on how it performs overall and what's the average battery life you're getting on a full charge.
      Likes abobobilly liked this post

$heeda Pastol

I am:
      Pensive

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      65.73%
      Quote Originally Posted by JKhan View Post
      Well, if one's paying that much for a device, which literally has no chance of having decent after sales support, then I truly hope you get to enjoy it to its fullest.

Laptop certainly nails its looks when it comes to Windows laptop. But you have to admit the risk is simply too great.

Do keep us posted on how it performs overall and what's the average battery life you're getting on a full charge.
      It's not like Dell, HP, Asus or other brands are any better. They are only 'perceived' as better because we haven't experienced other brands.

Here, check this support page of Huawei: https://consumer.huawei.com/en/suppo...atebook-x-pro/

Everything we ever need is available. And they are even providing us to 'book' after sales in case of any issues. Majority of the reviews are happy with their after sales, but not many faced problems with their product. (I only said i'm not very hopeful is because i haven't had any better experience with Dell, Lenovo and Acer brands.)

Huawei is now the second largest manufacturer of electronics after Samsung. Must have been doing something right.

Let me put it this way.

Name me "ONE" laptop in this price, which is equivalent or better than this ultrabook. JUST ONE.

You won't find any.

Sure, there are better 'specs' laptop available at lower prices, but NONE are as sleek or built as this. In just one year since 2017, i have seen and used more than a hundred laptops to make up my mind. Sadly, sheer disappointment for the lack of choices was waiting everywhere.

I will keep you guys updated if anything comes up.

About battery life, yesterday I started using it at 9AM until 6PM, and i still had 30% charge left, before battery saver kicked in (as per my saved setting). Surprisingly, with battery saver, it kept going till 10PM before finally beeping at 3%. And that was constant use of WiFi, Browsing, YouTube and doing random shit (like installing software, Adobe Master Suite, Virtual Machines etc). I'm sure, on average, the battery life will be more than 7 hours, which is actually quite brilliant for a laptop of this size.

For any urgent matter, contact at abobobilly@pakgamers.com (Urgent matters ONLY)

$heeda Pastol

I am:
      Pensive

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      65.73%
      UPDATE:

So i'm officially entered in this shitty Dongle life.
      Cue, USB-C 1 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter, and a Cat 7 Cable.

Spoiler: show

Global Moderator
      Global Moderator

I am:
      Busy

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      55.3%
      UPDATE:

So i'm officially entered in this shitty Dongle life.
      Cue, USB-C 1 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter, and a Cat 7 Cable.

Spoiler: show

Cat7 is a bit overkill, no?

Unless your office has 1 Gbps connectivity at each desk

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Amused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      56.66%
      It's not like Dell, HP, Asus or other brands are any better. They are only 'perceived' as better because we haven't experienced other brands.

Here, check this support page of Huawei: https://consumer.huawei.com/en/suppo...atebook-x-pro/

Everything we ever need is available. And they are even providing us to 'book' after sales in case of any issues. Majority of the reviews are happy with their after sales, but not many faced problems with their product. (I only said i'm not very hopeful is because i haven't had any better experience with Dell, Lenovo and Acer brands.)

Huawei is now the second largest manufacturer of electronics after Samsung. Must have been doing something right.

Let me put it this way.

Name me "ONE" laptop in this price, which is equivalent or better than this ultrabook. JUST ONE.

You won't find any.

Sure, there are better 'specs' laptop available at lower prices, but NONE are as sleek or built as this. In just one year since 2017, i have seen and used more than a hundred laptops to make up my mind. Sadly, sheer disappointment for the lack of choices was waiting everywhere.

I will keep you guys updated if anything comes up.

About battery life, yesterday I started using it at 9AM until 6PM, and i still had 30% charge left, before battery saver kicked in (as per my saved setting). Surprisingly, with battery saver, it kept going till 10PM before finally beeping at 3%. And that was constant use of WiFi, Browsing, YouTube and doing random shit (like installing software, Adobe Master Suite, Virtual Machines etc). I'm sure, on average, the battery life will be more than 7 hours, which is actually quite brilliant for a laptop of this size.
      I agree. The sad part is, latest tech arrives pretty late in Pakistan through official channels, and even when it does, you end up paying more for what was supposed to be its intended price. And with dollar spiraling out of control, don't think the situation will improve in foreseeable future.

$heeda Pastol

I am:
      Pensive

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      65.73%
      Quote Originally Posted by murtaza12 View Post
      Cat7 is a bit overkill, no?

Unless your office has 1 Gbps connectivity at each desk
      That cable is strictly for data transfers between two computers.

My office internet is like 300Mbps only. (Still faster than anything in PK )

Quote Originally Posted by JKhan View Post
      I agree. The sad part is, latest tech arrives pretty late in Pakistan through official channels, and even when it does, you end up paying more for what was supposed to be its intended price. And with dollar spiraling out of control, don't think the situation will improve in foreseeable future.
      Well tough luck. I'm in UAE, and while it's slightly better here regarding new products launch (compared to PK), it's still just the worst compared to rest of the world.
      Likes murtaza12 liked this post

PG Superstar

I am:
      Happy

PSN ID: syeduzairahmed Steam ID: faizan913
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      69.19%
      Congratulations buddy i am looking for something portable my self aa my 2016 touchbar macbook pro 15" is bit heavy for carrying around all day. I might consider this or 13" Macbook pro

PG Juggernaut
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Amused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      39.03%
      Got mine today.

i7/16gb/512gb ssd