I am:
      Nerdy

MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      52.29%
      Quote Originally Posted by Game Junkie View Post
      Assalam o Alaikum and Eid Mubarak to everyone This is my first thread here so let me introduce myself first.......

#My Name:
      -----------------
      Haris Sohail

#My Age:
      ---------------
      18 Years

#My Educational Experience:
      --------------------------------------------
      Just passed Matriculation Examinations with 87.96%. ( MashaAllah )

#City:
      ---------
      Karachi

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

So now let me tell that why I am here...... Well, yesterday my father asked me that what I really want to be in future..... So the first thing that came in my mind was "Make your passion your profession".... So I started searching about making money from GAMING capabilities and finally I have reached this conclusion that I wanna be a successful PC GAME DEVELOPER! While getting myself more into it, I found that I can be a PROGRAMMER ( Game Physics like AI Behavior, Vehicle System, Timecycle system etc). Now that I have plenty of spare time, I want to start learning something that may help afterwards... But I found that there is no scope for PC GAMING IN PAKISTAN So I am planning to complete my studies in Pakistan and then going to California or L.A. for my dream job........ So where should I start? My primary goal is to get a decent job in Rockstar Games ( I am a huge fan ). So there you can understand my question.... I have set a goal and now I am looking for appropriate steps towards it. So any help will be really appreciated. Thanks in advance for any upcoming suggestions and guides...... Allah Hafiz.

My Questions: (Just to be clear)
      --------------------------------------------------
      Q1. I wanna be a Game progammer, I am planning to study here and then I am willing to go to California or L.A. for my dream job. How should I proceed?

Q2. After answering Q1, is there anything that I can start learning from now through tutorials?

If u guys need any more information please feel free to ask. THANKS AGAIN

Dear Haris,

My fellow supervisors has already given you enough source to start with Game Programming.
      But at this age and educational level, you better start reading more books about gamification, game design, narrative, story building etc
      To be a successful game programmer you just dont need programming skills, but understanding of all the other departments involved in the process.
      Since, you are very young and motivated I would highly suggest to read books and play alot of games. (the one which you would like to develop)

Understand the whole game development processs. Its a long way to go and you need to have patience in this industry.

There are very good studios in Pakistan as well. Try to be Beta tester or QA in some studios of Karachi it will enhance your skills of analyzing.

I would disagree with my fellows about using Game engines at this age (engines are good for people who already know game theory and have studied core computer science).
      Please dont spend your time learning a tool at this age, read books. Understand game theory
      If you need game design books, I have some to share.

PAKISTAN industry - by the time you will graduate from University we will be in better state. Stay focused !

Cheers,
      Asema
      Last edited by asemahassan88; 28-08-18 at 07:33 PM.
      Likes pichukiller liked this post

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      ----

Steam ID: pupp3t0fh3ll
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      79.73%
      Thanks for the help brothers! Wese yehan koi decent game production studio hai kiya?
      dont ask too many questions at this level that you dont need right now lol , you will get confused and put yourself into a loop you cant escape

PG Newbie

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      58.23%
      Lol @puppet

PG Newbie

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      58.23%
      Thanks ma'am @asemahassan88

PG Newbie

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      58.23%
      Quote Originally Posted by asemahassan88 View Post
      Dear Haris,

My fellow supervisors has already given you enough source to start with Game Programming.
      But at this age and educational level, you better start reading more books about gamification, game design, narrative, story building etc
      To be a successful game programmer you just dont need programming skills, but understanding of all the other departments involved in the process.
      Since, you are very young and motivated I would highly suggest to read books and play alot of games. (the one which you would like to develop)

Understand the whole game development processs. Its a long way to go and you need to have patience in this industry.

There are very good studios in Pakistan as well. Try to be Beta tester or QA in some studios of Karachi it will enhance your skills of analyzing.

I would disagree with my fellows about using Game engines at this age (engines are good for people who already know game theory and have studied core computer science).
      Please dont spend your time learning a tool at this age, read books. Understand game theory
      If you need game design books, I have some to share.

PAKISTAN industry - by the time you will graduate from University we will be in better state. Stay focused !

Cheers,
      Asema
      Your reply means a lot to me ma'am. Thanks again. You said that u have some books to share..... please mention them here.... this will also help others looking for guidance... I am a good gamer and I wanna share my Gaming Experience......

I started gaming from the age of 6.

My first pc build was:

Hp
      Intel Pentium 4
      2gb ram
      128mb gpu
      80gb hdd

My starting games were gta vice city, gta sanandreas, nfs mw, nfs u2.

I completed all of them by the age of 8 and continued gaming.......

Now I am 18 years old......

My current pc build:

Intel Xeon E3-1245 V3 @ 3.40GHz
      IPM87-MP Motherboard
      8GB RAM 1600MHz
      500GB HDD Seagate 7200RPM
      Inno3d GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Twin X2
      Corsair CX600 PSU

Games that I have completed:
      Whole Call Of Duty Series
      Whole Battlefield Series
      Whole Medal Of Honor series
      Whole Crisis series
      Whole Gta series
      Whole nfs series
      Whole mafia series
      Whole assassin's creed series
      Whole deus ex series
      Both watch dogs
      And lots of countless game titles

I love the games which are accompanied with a great and sad story. I will put mafia 2 on 1st number. I have played many games but the best was mafia 2. It's music, it's artworks, its characters.... the game was just great!.......

I also love modding games... trying to make them as realistic as possible..... Better Textures, better physics, better weather system, better AI Behavior, better vehicle response, better shooting capabilities and all the stuff.

PG Supervisor

I am:
      Nerdy

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      52.29%
      Your reply means a lot to me ma'am. Thanks again. You said that u have some books to share..... please mention them here.... this will also help others looking for guidance... I am a good gamer and I wanna share my Gaming Experience......

I started gaming from the age of 6.

My first pc build was:

Hp
      Intel Pentium 4
      2gb ram
      128mb gpu
      80gb hdd

My starting games were gta vice city, gta sanandreas, nfs mw, nfs u2.

I completed all of them by the age of 8 and continued gaming.......

Now I am 18 years old......

My current pc build:

Intel Xeon E3-1245 V3 @ 3.40GHz
      IPM87-MP Motherboard
      8GB RAM 1600MHz
      500GB HDD Seagate 7200RPM
      Inno3d GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Twin X2
      Corsair CX600 PSU

Games that I have completed:
      Whole Call Of Duty Series
      Whole Battlefield Series
      Whole Medal Of Honor series
      Whole Crisis series
      Whole Gta series
      Whole nfs series
      Whole mafia series
      Whole assassin's creed series
      Whole deus ex series
      Both watch dogs
      And lots of countless game titles

I love the games which are accompanied with a great and sad story. I will put mafia 2 on 1st number. I have played many games but the best was mafia 2. It's music, it's artworks, its characters.... the game was just great!.......

I also love modding games... trying to make them as realistic as possible..... Better Textures, better physics, better weather system, better AI Behavior, better vehicle response, better shooting capabilities and all the stuff.

Hi,

Please give me your email ID?

Regards,
      Asema
      Likes pichukiller liked this post

PG Newbie

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      58.23%
      Quote Originally Posted by asemahassan88 View Post
      Hi,

Please give me your email ID?

Regards,
      Asema
      Ok.... Check your PM inbox
      Last edited by Game Junkie; 05-09-18 at 01:49 PM.

PG Supervisor

I am:
      Nerdy

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      12.08%
      Yes read a lot of books & watch conferences like GDC , Unite and Casua Connect .

My case was similar as yours when I was in college , I followed industry very closely before trying anything practical . Focus more on Game Design at this stage rather than pure programming or any game engine .

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Game Developers Required - Fresh (Karachi Only)