• Nerdy
  • Pensive
  • Roflol
  • Sad
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Yeehaw
  • Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Wacom Cintiq 22HD or XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro display drawing tablet for digital art

PG Newbie

I am:
      ----

MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      58%

Wacom Cintiq 22HD or XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro display drawing tablet for digital art

Hey guys I'm about to get serious about digital art. I currently use the XP-Pen Star03 Graphics tablet Small and I was looking at the Wacom Cintiq 22HD when i stumbled across the XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro display drawing tablet . Its time for me to stop a lot of gaming time and turn it into what i used to be good at and maybe a career change down the line.

Spec wise both are similar, Also one more flaw on the Artist 22E Pro is the inability to multi-touch input .

other then that not much else parts them other then PRICE !!!! like less then half. 609.99 VS 1,483.97 .

Im a sucker for quality and both don't seem to have much of a quality issue but the Cintiq does have a nice exterior rubber grip style exterior and a very flexible stand with rotation etc...

I looked into the touch version of the cintiq but ive seen major drivers issues with adobe and i don't won't that at all. Apparently both don't work in tangent like the old days.

Anyways my head is leaning towards the cintiq, most likely go to JB and do finance option. Otherwise i would fork our for the XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro . I would appreciate some feedback if you have used either.

Have a look on the Artist 22E Pro drawing monitor incase you never seen one.

XP-PEN Graphics Drawing Tablet Pen Display Monitor: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
      Likes moeenm liked this post

On Training

I am:
      Yeehaw

Gamertag: Cryovaced
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      11.48%
      Quote Originally Posted by baojun View Post
      I looked into the touch version of the cintiq but ive seen major drivers issues with adobe and i don't won't that at all. Apparently both don't work in tangent like the old days.
      Although I own none and yet I'm not an artist, but one thing I can confirm is, adobe products are notorious for stupidity with non-binary stylus inputs (like Wacom's AES).
      I use my HP Elite x2 1012-G1 for drawing out lectures and notes with a Lenovo Active Pen Pro and even then I do use alot of pinch zooms when I'm making notes/drawing and I'm sure 22E does have multitouch input, but again touch is disabled by default if the nib presence is detected.

Just my two cents. If you're looking forward to arting, I'd always suggest Paint-Tool SAI over Illustrator. XP-Pen is half the price and its a catch, even if you feel like OCD-ing over it later on and want to move over to Cintiq, you can still cash it out at decent amount with the experience you gain from it.
      -