Gamertag: CerebralTiger PSN ID: CerebralTiger Steam ID: CerebralTiger
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      1814.29%
      Lv. Percent
      72.07%
      Quote Originally Posted by Necrokiller View Post
      Here
      The right analog stick against a mouse? Sure, I did mention "quick turns aside". To add to that, also more precise aiming. But the console version has aim assist to compensate for that.

The left analog stick against a keyboard? Nope. The analog stick offers more precise control over your movement.
      Last edited by CerebralTiger; 17-05-19 at 07:44 PM.

PG Juggernaut
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Amused

Daily Activity
      1071.43%
      Lv. Percent
      30.05%
      Aim assists

Quote Originally Posted by CerebralTiger View Post
      The left analog stick against a keyboard? Nope.
      Yep to that as well. More bindable actions for instant execution and free flowing gameplay.

The analog stick offers more precise control over your movement.
      This is only advantageous for sports games and racing games in my experience. Its hardly important enough in other genres to sacrifice the impact of mouse and keyboard to the gameplay.

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Fine

Daily Activity
      1814.29%
      Lv. Percent
      72.07%
      Yep to that as well. More bindable actions for instant execution and free flowing gameplay.
      lol @ free flowing. There's nothing free flowing about gimped digital movement. So I'll take analog movement over more bindable keys any day.

Also, you forgot to mention in your earlier post that, in Rage 2, it's also possible to cycle through weapons using the triangle/Y button. Therefore, it's not always necessary to use the weapon wheel if all you want to do is switch to your last used weapon (as you did in your video).

This is only advantageous for sports games and racing games in my experience.
      It's advantageous in shooters where stealth is an important component. Using the mouse wheel to control the speed of your movement is downright hilarious and unintuitive.

It's also advantageous in shooters like Gears of War, where precise maneuvering is a thing.

It's also advantageous in VR games, because you can't play a VR game using a mouse/kb anyway
      Last edited by CerebralTiger; 17-05-19 at 09:19 PM.

PG Juggernaut
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Amused

Daily Activity
      1071.43%
      Lv. Percent
      30.05%
      lol @ free flowing. There's nothing free flowing about gimped digital movement. So nope, I'll take analog movement over more bindable keys any day.
      There's nothing "precise" about aim assists and gimped camera/aiming movement either, which you know, happens to be the most important thing in a shooting game

Also, you forgot to mention in your earlier post that, in Rage 2, it's also possible to cycle through weapons using the triangle/Y button. Therefore, it's not always necessary to use the weapon wheel if all you want to do is switch to your last used weapon (as seen in your video).
      lol @ not always. Cycling in Rage 2 is limited to your last used weapon only. You can't get around not having to use the weapon wheel on a controller.

If you're cycling through them all in games that support it, tapping in the heat of battle to get to the item you want is downright hilarious and unintuitive. Want to change equipment in Rage 2? Let go of left analog stick. Want to heal? Let go of analog stick. Cycling through inventory items in RPGs/action adventure games? Let go of analog stick. So intuitive.

It's advantageous in shooters where stealth is an important component.
      In such games, there are separate crouch and/or walk states, just like there is a separate sprint state in most games. Analog movement makes no meaningful difference, if at all lol
      Last edited by Necrokiller; 17-05-19 at 10:04 PM.
      Likes iampasha liked this post

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Fine

Daily Activity
      1814.29%
      Lv. Percent
      72.07%
      lol @ not always. Cycling in Rage 2 is limited to your last used weapon only. You can't get around not having to use the weapon wheel on a controller.
      I played most of the game using the same 2 weapons you used in your video. So yeah, you definitely can get around not always having to bring up the weapon wheel. Cycling is definitely useful for frequently used weapons.

Want to change equipment in Rage 2? Let go of left analog stick. Want to heal? Let go of analog stick. Cycling through inventory items in RPGs/action adventure games? Let go of analog stick. So intuitive.
      Nope, use the controller in a claw position or get a Scuf controller. The options are there.

In such games, there are separate crouch and/or walk states, just like there is a separate sprint state in most games. Analog movement makes no meaningful difference, if at all lol
      Again, the crouch state binds you to a fixed speed on a keyboard, and you then have to rely on the mouse wheel. These states also exist when using a controller, but you can better control the speed at which you move in each of them.
      Last edited by CerebralTiger; 17-05-19 at 11:51 PM.

No Compromises!

I am:
      Fine

Gamertag: Usama117 PSN ID: Usama117 Steam ID: Usama117
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      37.11%
      ok so the rip is out

is this worth 11.1GB or not?

PG Juggernaut
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Amused

Daily Activity
      1071.43%
      Lv. Percent
      30.05%
      I played most of the game using the same 2 weapons you used in your video. So yeah, you definitely can get around not always having to bring up the weapon wheel.
      "not always" lol

The options are there.
      There aren't. Because I always have to use the crippled analog stick for aiming with a controller.

These states also exist when using a controller, but you can better control the speed at which you move in each of them.
      Again, like I've said, meaningless out of sports and racing games.

Maybe you could really show us how the analogue movement helps in Rage 2 combat? I can try to replicate the same scenario and see how well it goes for me on a keyboard? Or let me know when you find a way switch to the pistol or another weapon of choice when you're using a shotgun and rifle, without pulling up the weapon wheel.

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Fine

Daily Activity
      1814.29%
      Lv. Percent
      72.07%
      It aids stealth in games like MGSV and Metro Exodus, for example.

Maybe you could really show us how the analogue movement helps in Rage 2 combat?
      Rage 2 isn't a stealth game, but it's just as much a driving game as it is an FPS. There are race events and convoy chase missions.

But just for the sake of demonstrating what I was saying earlier, I put Walker in the crouch state and moved around at varying speeds. This isn't possible using a keyboard. Are you able to vary your movement speed via the mouse wheel in this game?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/9200/...4845496626414/

That's my primary reason for liking the gamepad over the wasd control style: analog control. Being an old school gamer (1st game was Pong), I've done both styles over many years. Can do both. Whenever I get my Stalker urge I have to revert back to wasd but, I still prefer the controller. Just love being able to move at whatever speed I want instead of the on/off of a keyboard key.
      Saw this thread on Steam, and it pretty much echoes what I've been saying lol.
      Last edited by CerebralTiger; 18-05-19 at 02:12 AM.

PG Juggernaut
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Amused

Daily Activity
      1071.43%
      Lv. Percent
      30.05%
      Rage 2 isn't a stealth game, but it's just as much a driving game as it is an FPS.
      Annnnnnnnnnd we're done here lol

Its not like I don't understand what analog movement is. I said its meaningless. In driving games (this means driving sims) and sports games (you know like FIFA, NBA etc) that precision can make a difference. You can toss a grenade back in Rage 2 it doesn't also make it a baseball game

Its just so frekkin' irrelevant here which, to your credit, you demonstrated perfectly
      Last edited by Necrokiller; 18-05-19 at 02:22 AM.

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Fine

Daily Activity
      1814.29%
      Lv. Percent
      72.07%
      Annnnnnnnnnd we're done here lol
      Not quite :P

but it's just as much a driving game as it is an FPS. There are race events and convoy chase missions.