PG Emeritus

I am:
      Amused

MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      77.06%
      I agree with Nomad. The negatives FAR outweigh the positives in this case.
      Likes GoldenHawk, abobobilly liked this post

Lazy guy :s

I am:
      Bored

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      93.58%
      What most of the extremes are saying. Right now it seems more detrimental than beneficial for the community.
      The thing that concerns me the most is the reputation of the site getting destroyed. Things like heated political talks, which will involve bashing other parties etc. since it's unrestricted, are sure to bring trouble if leaked out on the social media.

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Cool

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      28.17%
      It definitely sounds lucrative but as pointed out earlier, it will be too difficult to handle/moderate.

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Busy

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      17.44%
      it will be very difficult to control such a sub-forum ....just saying

Administrator

I am:
      Starving

PSN ID: Wajhi Steam ID: NaNoW
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      95.29%
      Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
      In my opinion the potential negatives far outweigh any positives. It will be difficult to manage and control.
      Quote Originally Posted by Chandoo View Post
      I'm gonna say no. There's little real life reasons why we should have one and it might become an issue for ad revenue stuff down the line.
      Quote Originally Posted by Arsalaan Nazir View Post
      Well one suggestion would be to moderate the shit out of everything that's posted in the sub forum/group IF you want to keep things going on within that place.

Having said that, the moderators will have their work cut out for them unless there's many of them around to do the job. Posting a new thread as well as replies in the said thread would be approved before others can view them.

But that's kinda making you look like a dictator (Zia-ul-Haq) and you wouldn't want to be that. This is democracy! xD

And if you're already thinking about pulling the plug should things become sour, well then you're better off with not going ahead with it at all.

You start it then see it to the bitter end
      Quote Originally Posted by Necrokiller View Post
      I agree with Nomad. The negatives FAR outweigh the positives in this case.
      Quote Originally Posted by masters1001 View Post
      PG has earned a good reputation so far and having such a section may impact its image. In our culture where ever its specifically mentioned that this stuff is for 18+ then different people take this as per their perception about it. Even if it can be taken off anytime but till that time damage would have been done (as stated by other team members)

Suggestion: I think name of respective sub-section would also matter and we can gradually move towards such sub-section by gradually allowing such stuff. This way it can help us to monitor how its going and whether we need to proceed further or not and whether we need to make our sub-section policies relaxed or not. Same way you might have done when PG was launched and different policies would have added / removed with the passage of time.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by EternalBlizzard View Post
      What most of the extremes are saying. Right now it seems more detrimental than beneficial for the community.
      The thing that concerns me the most is the reputation of the site getting destroyed. Things like heated political talks, which will involve bashing other parties etc. since it's unrestricted, are sure to bring trouble if leaked out on the social media.
      Quote Originally Posted by Em0s View Post
      It definitely sounds lucrative but as pointed out earlier, it will be too difficult to handle/moderate.
      Quote Originally Posted by walleed View Post
      it will be very difficult to control such a sub-forum ....just saying
      wow..super interesting responses and thank you

Another question :
      would making chitchat cafe more lenient and incorporating a little more forgiving attitude, be better?

Resi Evil 4 > Your fav game.
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Starving

Gamertag: CHANDOOG PSN ID: adnan791986 Steam ID: chandoog
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      82.64%
      @NaNoW

Remember this ?

ITT : We discuss KESC (VERY EXPLICIT LANGUAGE, 18+ ONLY SHIT, ENTER AT OWN RISK)

Do you want more of this ?

I may be out of KESC's web now but I can still go at it if you want me to
      Likes abobobilly liked this post

Lazy guy :s

I am:
      Bored

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      93.58%
      OMG The op alone was enough to make me laugh hard.
      Last edited by EternalBlizzard; 28-03-18 at 09:56 PM.

Wild Hunt
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Amused

PSN ID: MuaazAsif Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/MuaazAsif
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      46.05%
      So from what I've gathered the last time I was summoned in a thread is that PG lacks a healthy amount of daily posts with respect to the number of members. Although such an action would certainly help with that, because who doesn't like to vent every now and then?

Initially I thought, great idea!! ButtThe thing to consider is,first we are a gaming forum. As I cannot judge how satisfactory video games related posts, content, and community contribution is at the moment, that would be my primary focus before looking at things like 18+ Chit Chat.

Now to come back on topic, IMO such a section would cause higher moderation and administration efforts. I mean look at this:

This will be for users with : more than 400 posts + recommended by a member already IN + over 18 years of age + at least 3 Achievements under their belt + (To-Be-Decided) % Weekly Activity
      I stopped reading after the first two criteria, because who cares if the entry criteria is so strict
      You have to look at it from a cost-to-benefit perspective.
      Why would I go through so much trouble as a new member when I'm already e.g. 30+ if I want to have some fun?

If my vote counts for anything, go ahead and do a trial run and see how it works. But the only plus side (really!) I see of this action, is increased traffic where it doesn't really matter.

Anyway, you can talk all the shit you want on the shoutbox if the mods aren't watching.. or just join them
      Likes GoldenHawk liked this post
      Thanks NaNoW thanked for this post

PG Juggernaut
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Amused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      77.06%
      @NaNoW

Remember this ?

ITT : We discuss KESC (VERY EXPLICIT LANGUAGE, 18+ ONLY SHIT, ENTER AT OWN RISK)

Okay. I'm reconsidering my intial stance on this now. Fucking hell
      Likes NaNoW, Yasir Nadeem liked this post

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Busy

Steam ID: Str1k3rX
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      72.38%
      @NaNoW

Remember this ?

Amen, yes please