• Yeehaw
  • Likes Likes:  0
    Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze heads to Nintendo Switch

Respect Ma AuthoritA!!!
      Nintendo/PSP Moderator

I am:
      Roflol

Gamertag: mani the gamer PSN ID: Manigamer Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/manigamer
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      45.48%

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze heads to Nintendo Switch

The Wii U game brings a new modeNintendo is re-releasing Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze on Nintendo Switch, the company announced today. The Wii U hit marks the Donkey Kong franchise’s first, full-fledged debut on the company’s latest console.Tropical Freeze, a side-scrolling platformer in the vein of the classic Super Nintendo Donkey Kong country games, won over fans when it launched on Wii U in 2014. It serves as a sequel to the 2010 Wii game, Donkey Kong Country Returns, which was Donkey Kong’s first big-deal console game in several years.Nintendo is adding Switch-exclusive features to its latest Wii U-to-Switch port, however. The notoriously tough game is receiving what’s called a “beginner-friendly mode,” which should help new fans get acclimated to the gameplay. This will star the bandana-clad Funky Kong, who will throw something different into the series thanks to his fancy surfing skills.Otherwise, Tropical Freeze should be similar to the Retro Studios-developed hit that DK fans fell in love with four years ago. Nintendo will release the game on Switch on May 4.

DEMONxSHADOW
      Global Moderator

I am:
      Devilish

PSN ID: DEMONxxSHADOW Steam ID: DEMONxSHADOW
      Daily Activity
      2171.43%
      Lv. Percent
      23.45%

Donkey Kong Country : Tropical Freeze Switch

DEMONxSHADOW
      Global Moderator

I am:
      Devilish

Daily Activity
      2171.43%
      Lv. Percent
      23.45%
      @manigamer why u move the thread all new games has to have there threads in gaming central.... hubs are for helps etc etc

Respect Ma AuthoritA!!!
      Nintendo/PSP Moderator

I am:
      Roflol

Gamertag: mani the gamer PSN ID: Manigamer Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/manigamer
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      45.48%
      @JANARIOO already made one thread here and no hub isn't only for help the direct mini thread has the tropical freeze announcement already too

DEMONxSHADOW
      Global Moderator

I am:
      Devilish

Daily Activity
      2171.43%
      Lv. Percent
      23.45%
      @manigamer yeah but thts a general thread like PSX or E3 still individual threads should be there u should move this one than

Respect Ma AuthoritA!!!
      Nintendo/PSP Moderator

I am:
      Roflol

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      45.48%
      @JANARIOO its fine man, let this one be here. this section needs some threads too... some threads there some can be here its all NINTENDO.

Respect Ma AuthoritA!!!
      Nintendo/PSP Moderator

I am:
      Roflol

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      45.48%
      Watch Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze’s Funky Mode in action

All hail the chillest of Kongs

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freezegained a reputation when it was released on Wii U in 2014 for being incredibly challenging. While the game’s first levels are breezy romps through the Kongs’ tropical paradise, its difficulty ratchets up quickly, and your chosen Kong’s hearts never seem to stretch far enough.
      Or, as we wrote in our 2014 review:
      Tropical Freeze gets very difficult. Later stages had me rigid with attention, as one tiny miscalculation meant certain death. And I died hundreds of times throughout my playthrough, mostly during boss fights that ramp up in difficulty radically after the first world. It got frustrating, hence all my screaming at cartoon monkeys.
      For the Switch re-release, Tropical Freeze’s original difficulty has been left blessedly untouched for those who like a challenge. But if you want to enjoy some of the most creative level design and wacky boss battles at a more relaxed pace, Funky Kong is yourboy gorilla. Starting a game in the Switch-exclusive Funky Mode will increase your overall hearts from two to three if you play as Donkey Kong, but playing as Funky himself cranks that up to five.
      Funky has lots of other in-game assists. His surfboard lets him bounce across beds of spikes untroubled, and he has a double jump that makes tricky platforming a lot more forgiving. Funky also doesn’t have a breath meter when swimming underwater. While this makes early levels feel a bit too simple, Tropical Freeze hides a lot of its difficulty in the back half of the game.
      The only downside to all this is that you can’t switch modes mid-playthrough. If you want to turn the difficulty up or down once you’ve reached Tropical Freeze’s more irksome late-game boss battles, you’re unfortunately stuck. Hopefully an update can address this, as it’s something handled so well in Celeste, released in January. That game balances demanding platforming with optional toggles that can make the mountain journey just a bit easier for players — and can be activated at any time.
      But since so few people played Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze during its first go-round (it didn’t even crack the Wii U’s top selling games), its Switch re-release is made all the more tantalizing when it supports more skill levels. Even if you’ve played Tropical Freeze before, Funky Mode can dramatically change the game and make it worth a revisit.
      Check out the video up top to see a full level of Funky Mode gameplay. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is out now for Nintendo Switch.

PG Juggernaut
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      ----

PSN ID: Nomad_PG Steam ID: nomad_pg
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      51.25%
      Last edited by Nomad; 08-05-18 at 10:23 AM.

Respect Ma AuthoritA!!!
      Nintendo/PSP Moderator

I am:
      Roflol

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      45.48%
      the justification is both these threads are nintendo. i can make em in this section too where as in the general gaming aswell. there is no strict restriction on this. since there was no activity in this section i decided to post this here.

since most people tend to visit gen gaming only, the priority threads are there. some lowkey ones can certainly be posted in their respective sections which they are there for...