Busy

Steam ID: WebH3ad
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      32.68%
      Quote Originally Posted by NaNoW View Post
      just for curiosity...if not done super frequently, how does/can steam detect that a person has switched a vpn ON or is just visiting some region. Like if you switch to Pakistani region once every month buy that month's games and then switch back, how will they know
      I have no idea how exactly steam catches this. I dont change my store region that much, only have done it once or may be twice in a year, and didnt even do it myself. Found a steam trader on facebook group page to do it for me.
      And its better if you dont change it too much, avoid the risk of getting a ban

PG Juggernaut
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Amused

Daily Activity
      2157.14%
      Lv. Percent
      14.41%
      There are several ways to detect VPN. Either through frequency of traffic from IPs, your activity pattern, where the DNS is being resolved or simply checking if the IP is blacklisted as VPN addresses.
      Likes its Me liked this post

DEMONxSHADOW
      Global Moderator

I am:
      Devilish

PSN ID: DEMONxxSHADOW Steam ID: DEMONxSHADOW
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      71.62%
      Quote Originally Posted by NaNoW View Post
      just for curiosity...if not done super frequently, how does/can steam detect that a person has switched a vpn ON or is just visiting some region. Like if you switch to Pakistani region once every month buy that month's games and then switch back, how will they know
      switching region requires card purchase if ur randomly purchasing stuff in other region using ur CC or debit card ... other than trying to cheat steam they might they they are stolen cards..

i hve switched region like 4times in 6months from RU to INR to PKR to US in my old account which had 500+ account nothing has happend to it.

but i had one other account turned it to INR and than added wallet to it and it got banned but that account had only 15junk games and thus the ban got my 30$ stuck in it aswell bcoz they wanted proof of tht indian purchase which ofcorse if u hve friends in india who are willing to share that type of info wid u u can do but at most it wll b a fail.