• Amused
  • Angry
  • Bored
  • Busy
  • Cheeky
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Devilish
  • Fine
  • Hacker
  • Happy
  • In Love
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Nerdy
  • Pensive
  • Roflol
  • Sad
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Yeehaw
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Results 1 to 10 of 38

    Thread: WANT TO LEARN Game Development?

    1. #1
      PG Supervisor

      I am:
      Nerdy
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      59
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      54.98%

      Cool WANT TO LEARN Game Development?

      ***WHAT DO YOU WANT TO LEARN ABOUT GAME DEVELOPMENT?****

      A pretty basic question we should ask ourself before we jump into game industry.
      Before supply we should always look at the demand.

      This development section is to provide help and answers to the people who are seeking for some
      knowledge, but before we start or do anything about it. We want to know, where do we stand.

      Please let us know; What do you want to learn and what do you know already?

      Your input is really valuable, since it will help us build a better platform.
      Likes KhurramRehman, V3N0M, samikhan007 liked this post
      Thanks kashifji thanked for this post
       

    2. #2
      PG Newbie

      I am:
      Amused
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      1
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      74.75%
      I think game development process is most important thing to learn. I can assume people who want to develop games would already know basics of programming. So Game Development process should be first priority then we can choose a tool/Engine to start with the development process. #MyThoughts
      Likes asemahassan88 liked this post
       

    3. #3
      PG Founder
      PakGamers Founder

      I am:
      Busy
       
      Gamertag: OzyMaximus PSN ID: OzyMaximus
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      I Don't Care
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      67.54%
      Does game development only require coding skills? what about the animators, concept artists, graphic designers, music composers / directors etc? what career paths are available for a person who would like to enter the game development industry?
       
      iNF3RN0
      PG @ Facebook | PG @ Twitter | PG @ Google+ | PSN Tag: OzyMaximus | XBL Tag: OzyMaximus

    4. #4
      Lazy guy :s
        EternalBlizzard's Avatar

      I am:
      Bored
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      2,549
      Daily Activity
      1428.57%
      Lv. Percent
      95.83%
      Adding to what inferno said, i don't think students or people who want to get into game dev, even know of all the career paths they can take in game development (well i didn't know either). Most people i come across think just working on Unity or CryEngine makes you a game developer and is the only way to get into game development while there are lots of other options as well. If you are only considering about working on game engines its not a problem but if you are considering this as a whole, a small description of all the career paths and then asking that question would give better responses imo.

      @NaNoW
      I think thread should be stickied. People don't know about all the game dev section revival. Activity is still low here ;s
      Last edited by EternalBlizzard; 18-11-16 at 02:21 PM.
      Likes iNF3RN0 liked this post
       

      My RPGMaker project : http://www.pakgamers.com/forums/f27/...e-me-n-140077/
      My friend's Unity project : http://www.pakgamers.com/forums/f27/...kin-so-138892/

    5. #5
      PG Founder
      PakGamers Founder

      I am:
      Busy
       
      Gamertag: OzyMaximus PSN ID: OzyMaximus
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      I Don't Care
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      67.54%
      Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Blizzard View Post
      Adding to what inferno said, i don't think students or people who want to get into game dev, even know of all the career paths they can take in game development (well i didn't know either). Most people i come across think just working on Unity or CryEngine makes you a game developer and is the only way to get into game development while there are lots of other options as well. If you are only considering about working on game engines its not a problem but if you are considering this as a whole, a small description of all the career paths and then asking that question would give better responses imo.
      Exactly, In order to build the awareness someone needs to explain the career paths available in the game development industry (a nice intro / article etc)
      Likes KhurramRehman liked this post
       
      iNF3RN0
      PG @ Facebook | PG @ Twitter | PG @ Google+ | PSN Tag: OzyMaximus | XBL Tag: OzyMaximus

    6. #6
      Lazy guy :s
        EternalBlizzard's Avatar

      I am:
      Bored
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      2,549
      Daily Activity
      1428.57%
      Lv. Percent
      95.83%
      I'd also love to hear more information on low level concepts such as working on OpenGL/DirectX. Haven't met any person yet who is in this area so i don't know what's the advantage of having knowledge of these low level concepts when aiming for game development. Like, what do i get from it? In the end when i join a studio, they will probably have a game engine developed so you would just have to create levels and scenes on that, no low level stuff i guess... so will this knowledge will play a part in actual game development process or is it more related to Game "engine" development?
      Likes KhurramRehman, kashifji liked this post
       

      My RPGMaker project : http://www.pakgamers.com/forums/f27/...e-me-n-140077/
      My friend's Unity project : http://www.pakgamers.com/forums/f27/...kin-so-138892/

    7. #7
      PG Founder
      PakGamers Founder

      I am:
      Busy
       
      Gamertag: OzyMaximus PSN ID: OzyMaximus
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      I Don't Care
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      67.54%
      Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Blizzard View Post
      I'd also love to hear more information on low level concepts such as working on OpenGL/DirectX. Haven't met any person yet who is in this area so i don't know what's the advantage of having knowledge of these low level concepts when aiming for game development. Like, what do i get from it? In the end when i join a studio, they will probably have a game engine developed so you would just have to create levels and scenes on that, no low level stuff i guess... so will this knowledge will play a part in actual game development process or is it more related to Game "engine" development?
      The only guy I know here was @Rapchik Killer who was working with OpenGL and as far as I remember he has developed some sort of a engine as well, unfortunately umair aka "Rapchik Killer" is not active anymore here on PG he was a good lad! last I heard he was working on mobile games
      Likes zeeshanfarooqi liked this post
       
      iNF3RN0
      PG @ Facebook | PG @ Twitter | PG @ Google+ | PSN Tag: OzyMaximus | XBL Tag: OzyMaximus

    8. #8
      Administrator
        NaNoW's Avatar

      I am:
      Starving
       
      PSN ID: Wajhi Steam ID: NaNoW
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      10,751
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      98.29%
      Quote Originally Posted by iNF3RN0 View Post
      The only guy I know here was @Rapchik Killer who was working with OpenGL and as far as I remember he has developed some sort of a engine as well, unfortunately umair aka "Rapchik Killer" is not active anymore here on PG he was a good lad! last I heard he was working on mobile games
      Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Blizzard View Post
      Adding to what inferno said, i don't think students or people who want to get into game dev, even know of all the career paths they can take in game development (well i didn't know either). Most people i come across think just working on Unity or CryEngine makes you a game developer and is the only way to get into game development while there are lots of other options as well. If you are only considering about working on game engines its not a problem but if you are considering this as a whole, a small description of all the career paths and then asking that question would give better responses imo.

      @NaNoW
      I think thread should be stickied. People don't know about all the game dev section revival. Activity is still low here ;s
      @asemahassan88

      Have you guys read : part 1 - part 4 :P
      Khel Khel Mein : Anatomy of a Game || Part 1 - Blogs - Pakistan's Gamers Community

      http://www.pakgamers.com/forums/blog...tomy-game-605/

      http://www.pakgamers.com/forums/blog...tomy-game-606/


      Part 4 || Anatomy of Game - Khel Khel Mein - Blogs - Pakistan's Gamers Community.
      Likes iNF3RN0 liked this post
       



    9. #9
      Lazy guy :s
        EternalBlizzard's Avatar

      I am:
      Bored
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      2,549
      Daily Activity
      1428.57%
      Lv. Percent
      95.83%

      Yep, i know you discussed all of that in those series of articles and i was thinking of reminding you to link those.., but still we need that topic (all possible career paths) here in this thread again so people who haven't read it don't have to search that in there.
      Likes NaNoW liked this post
       

      My RPGMaker project : http://www.pakgamers.com/forums/f27/...e-me-n-140077/
      My friend's Unity project : http://www.pakgamers.com/forums/f27/...kin-so-138892/

    10. #10
      PG Supervisor

      I am:
      Nerdy
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      592
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      14.23%
      If not talking specifically about the game development side , then to get into the 'Games Industry' you can come from any field . Even we have parkour & medical people now to assist , like in the case of recent Assassin's Creed titles . People sometimes think you can only join as a programmer or an artist which was really the case 15-20 years when both the programming & design was used to be done by a single person . Now RnD is a huge part of the industry requiring specialized people from different areas & subjects so the options are wide open


      Game Developers Required - Fresh (Karachi Only)

     

     

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    All times are GMT +5. The time now is 01:33 AM.


    Back to Top Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
    Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
    Copyright 2018 PakGamers. All rights reserved.