MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      24.1%
      Quote Originally Posted by asemahassan88 View Post
      Hi Fahad,

@Languages / Tools

For game development, there are various tools available in the market right now. You can start from any of them which you wish to explore that being said, it also depends on what you want to develop at the end of the day if you want to develop only 2D games for mobile platform you can do following:

1. Cocos2D/Cocos2Dx (Objective C or Swift) for iOS -Cocos2d is a family of open-source software frameworks for building cross-platform games&apps.
      2. Android SDK for game development (Java) - Download Android Studio and SDK Tools | Android Studio
      3. Unity2D for Android/iOS (C#, javascript)- Unity - 2D Game Creation
      4. Unreal Engine 2D (C++)- Mobile Game Development | Unreal Engine
      5. Corona SDK (Lua) - Cross-Platform Game/App Development Toolset - Corona Labs

... the list goes on wiki is our friend: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_game_engines

For PC/Console the best engine in the market which is free to use as well:

1. Unity engine (C#, javascript) 2D and 3D - https://unity3d.com
      2. Unreal engine (C++) 2D and 3D - https://www.unrealengine.com/what-is-unreal-engine-4
      3. CryEngine (C++, C#, Lua)- https://www.cryengine.com

and Visual Studio with DirectX /XNA also used for game development PC and Console (C# language)

Article for reference: https://www.juegostudio.com/blog/bes...me-developers/

So, language is not an issue here in game development it's the process and the understanding of the concept which is important.
      Before jumping into game programming or development I would suggest you to please study following concepts:

Mathematics and Physics for Programmers - https://www.amazon.com/Mathematics-P...PZN7BKRKNHEA28

Concepts:

1. Vector maths
      2. Trigonometry
      3. Matrix calculations
      4. Basic Physics
      5. Force/Velocity/Acceleration
      6. Quaternion Angle calculation
      7. Collision Detection etc

https://www.essentialmath.com/tutorial.htm

Also, look at game programming patterns: http://gameprogrammingpatterns.com

Hope this will help

P.S: I will play your game and then will relate your mentioned algorithm with it.
      Thats a lot you have written which is very interesting and informative.
      Likes asemahassan88 liked this post

Administrator

I am:
      Starving

PSN ID: Wajhi Steam ID: NaNoW
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      99.26%
      Quote Originally Posted by Thugnificent View Post
      Links for what man?
      your projects, prototype or games you created ?

OG

I am:
      ----

Steam ID: thugnificent
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      27.63%
      Quote Originally Posted by NaNoW View Post
      your projects, prototype or games you created ?
      Nothing major for now man, just put a shitty game up in a week or so.

I put it on Steam greenlight for lulz xD

Steam Greenlight :: RPS Runner
      Likes Fahad786 liked this post

On Training

I am:
      Confused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      24.1%
      Don't be shy your game isn't bad at all.What language you used to create this?
      Likes Thugnificent liked this post

OG

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      27.63%
      Quote Originally Posted by Fahad786 View Post
      Don't be shy your game isn't bad at all.What language you used to create this?
      Thanks buddy, the game is basically just a prototype, i still have to fix graphics and HUD and everything. I am too lazy right now and i don't have the motivation to do it lol. If the game gets greenlit that'll get me motivated enough to put some effort into it xD. I did implement a jump mechanic and added another mode which has a running ninja whoch can jump over obstacles but haven't touched the game for about a month now.

i used Gamemaker studio 1.4. It uses it's own language called GML. The program also uses event actions so it makes life much easier to drag and drop things but most of the things in the above game i did with programming.
      Likes Fahad786 liked this post

PG Xtremist

I am:
      Lonely

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      1.18%
      I bought this course for 10$ when it was on sale and have completed and developed all the games myself which were taught in the course.
      Learn to Code by Making Games - Complete C# Unity Developer | Udemy
      Now I am doing this specialization from coursera
      Game Design and Development | Coursera

Coursera course is graded unlike udemy and u get assignments to submits and to get certificate on coursera u must pass quizes and assignments therefore this specialization is costly and i paid 30k pak rupees. I have completed first course of specialization and got 97% total.
      Last edited by kashifji; 28-07-17 at 12:27 PM.

The end is near

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      20%

What i want to learn...

Well im a web developer have been for auite some time but due to all the freelancing and things like wix and WordPress its becoming a tough industry. Gaming has always been a love of mine. Especially when it comes down to modding old games like cs , warband and total war games into a Dbz mod or game of thrones, lord of the rings type mod.

Anyway i am looking to move into this for a career form what i understand development of games is not very similar to that of markup language in for example web design , so my question is given my current state of knowlege where do i start , what development programs do i look at first ?

OG

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      27.63%
      Quote Originally Posted by ragnar28 View Post
      Well im a web developer have been for auite some time but due to all the freelancing and things like wix and WordPress its becoming a tough industry. Gaming has always been a love of mine. Especially when it comes down to modding old games like cs , warband and total war games into a Dbz mod or game of thrones, lord of the rings type mod.

Anyway i am looking to move into this for a career form what i understand development of games is not very similar to that of markup language in for example web design , so my question is given my current state of knowlege where do i start , what development programs do i look at first ?
      You should know programming fundamentals first. Try learning something like Python or C#. As far as engines are concerned Unity is a pretty good choice, it's free and you can find plenty of help on internet.

Gamemaker studio is one of the easiest engines to make games with. You should be able to find the free version 1.4 with some limitations but it's good for experimentation. If you find you're good in it and are able to make a good product you can buy it.