• Amused
  • Angry
  • Bored
  • Busy
  • Cheeky
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Devilish
  • Fine
  • Hacker
  • Happy
  • In Love
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Nerdy
  • Pensive
  • Roflol
  • Sad
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Yeehaw
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Results 21 to 30 of 38

    Thread: WANT TO LEARN Game Development?

    1. #21
      PG Xtremist

      I am:
      Lonely
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      1,270
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      87.05%
      This thread is very helpful for people like me who want to get into game development but know nothing about how to proceed. I want to get into game development but problem is I dont like designing too much. I like programming, coding, algorithms and maths. So can i enter game industry without designing skills?

    2. #22
      PG Supervisor

      I am:
      Nerdy
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      59
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      48.63%
      Quote Originally Posted by kashifji View Post
      This thread is very helpful for people like me who want to get into game development but know nothing about how to proceed. I want to get into game development but problem is I dont like designing too much. I like programming, coding, algorithms and maths. So can i enter game industry without designing skills?

      @kashifji

      Yes you can definitely enter game industry as a programmer: I am a programmer myself,
      but also you need to know little about game design and modeling just to communicate better with Design team
      and also to program with better understanding of flow of game.

      In programming we further have different specialised groups:

      - User Interface
      - Artificial intelligence
      - Gameplay
      - Animation
      - Story & Dialogue boxes

      You can choose from any of the above and dig into it for better concepts.
      If you have any further questions, you can ask openly.

      P.S: Please do tag the person so we get notification and reply in time.
      Thanks kashifji thanked for this post
       

    3. #23
      PG Supervisor

      I am:
      Nerdy
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      59
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      48.63%
      Quote Originally Posted by zeeshanfarooqi View Post
      I also want to learn Game Development ..
      @zeeshanfarooqi

      Hi,

      What you want to learn in game development. Your area of interest?

      We have discussed some specialized post above it would be great if you can narrow down your interest.

      Then it would be easy to discuss further.

      Cheers

      P.S: Please tag the person, so we get notification and reply in time.

    4. #24
      On Training

      I am:
      Confused
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      29
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      14.43%
      Hey there, i am also interested in game development as a programmer.I am looking forward for a thread that gives basic info and eventually tell how can we make one(Languages etc).

    5. #25
      OG

      I am:
      ----
       
      Steam ID: thugnificent
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      1,554
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      19.22%
      I am pretty interested in game development myself, i know only basics of programming.

      Have made small projects in Gamemaker studio and AGK for now.
      Likes asemahassan88 liked this post
       

    6. #26
      PG Supervisor

      I am:
      Nerdy
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      59
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      48.63%
      Quote Originally Posted by Fahad786 View Post
      Hey there, i am also interested in game development as a programmer.I am looking forward for a thread that gives basic info and eventually tell how can we make one(Languages etc).

      Hi @Fahad786

      How can we make one (Languages etc)?
      Can you please elaborate a bit?

      Cheers

    7. #27
      Administrator
        NaNoW's Avatar

      I am:
      Starving
       
      PSN ID: Wajhi Steam ID: NaNoW
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      10,730
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      89.17%
      Quote Originally Posted by Thugnificent View Post
      I am pretty interested in game development myself, i know only basics of programming.

      Have made small projects in Gamemaker studio and AGK for now.
      thugs..links?
      Likes Thugnificent liked this post
       



    8. #28
      OG

      I am:
      ----
       
      Steam ID: thugnificent
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      1,554
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      19.22%
      Quote Originally Posted by NaNoW View Post
      thugs..links?
      Links for what man?

    9. #29
      On Training

      I am:
      Confused
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      29
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      14.43%
      Quote Originally Posted by asemahassan88 View Post
      Hi @Fahad786

      How can we make one (Languages etc)?
      Can you please elaborate a bit?

      Cheers
      I am not game programmer and I call myself a newbie into programming with that being said it motivates me to learn more.
      You have asked how can we make one thats what i had asked too.I had searched on google and found they use xna for 2d and unity for 3d but mostly they use unity3d and i would use c# if you say what language because it has builtin powerful tools that you can use to create buttons,interface and etc.
      .I created this example using c# language in visual studio IDE
      Basically what I did in the hangman example I mean what was most difficult part was creating an algorithm for replacing asterik (*) on answer textbox with typed alphabet.
      Here is the summary of what my algorithm does and I do not call it efficient.
      After you click 2 player game at tab 2(also called setings),following things happen in my algorithm:
      1>Create array with maximum length of 20
      2>initializing or setting all of the array's values to -1 using for loop using length of answer from tab 2(settings)
      3>Initializing asteriks on textbox using for loop using the length calculated at tab 2(settings)
      Now when you click any alphabet which is given at tab 3 following things happen:
      1>using Type type = sender.GetType();
      I get button as its name and text as "A" for example which i store it in my variable.
      Now using my function called check,which checks weather the alphabet stored in one of the variables matches with the answer variable or not if yes then following things happen:
      1>Now using for loop with < length as condition inside which it checks again using substring method weather it contains the typed alphabet or which is stored or not..if yes then save index meaning assign current element in aray with current iterator value.
      2>Now another loop runs which has condition of run till current element is not equal to -1.
      3>Now with insert function.insert at the particular asterik place with the given index that is not equal to -1 and replace it with stored variable.
      4>using remove function remove asterik at the same place but with 1 increament.
      5>finally replace the stored answer with asterik from stored variable.
      Ta Dah done.


      Last edited by Fahad786; 28-05-17 at 11:45 PM.
      Likes asemahassan88 liked this post
       

    10. #30
      PG Supervisor

      I am:
      Nerdy
       
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      59
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      48.63%

      Unhappy

      Quote Originally Posted by Fahad786 View Post
      I am not game programmer and I call myself a newbie into programming with that being said it motivates me to learn more.
      You have asked how can we make one thats what i had asked too.I had searched on google and found they use xna for 2d and unity for 3d but mostly they use unity3d and i would use c# if you say what language because it has builtin powerful tools that you can use to create buttons,interface and etc.
      .I created this example using c# language in visual studio IDE
      Basically what I did in the hangman example I mean what was most difficult part was creating an algorithm for replacing asterik (*) on answer textbox with typed alphabet.
      Here is the summary of what my algorithm does and I do not call it efficient.
      After you click 2 player game at tab 2(also called setings),following things happen in my algorithm:
      1>Create array with maximum length of 20
      2>initializing or setting all of the array's values to -1 using for loop using length of answer from tab 2(settings)
      3>Initializing asteriks on textbox using for loop using the length calculated at tab 2(settings)
      Now when you click any alphabet which is given at tab 3 following things happen:
      1>using Type type = sender.GetType();
      I get button as its name and text as "A" for example which i store it in my variable.
      Now using my function called check,which checks weather the alphabet stored in one of the variables matches with the answer variable or not if yes then following things happen:
      1>Now using for loop with < length as condition inside which it checks again using substring method weather it contains the typed alphabet or which is stored or not..if yes then save index meaning assign current element in aray with current iterator value.
      2>Now another loop runs which has condition of run till current element is not equal to -1.
      3>Now with insert function.insert at the particular asterik place with the given index that is not equal to -1 and replace it with stored variable.
      4>using remove function remove asterik at the same place but with 1 increament.
      5>finally replace the stored answer with asterik from stored variable.
      Ta Dah done.



      Hi Fahad,

      @Languages / Tools

      For game development, there are various tools available in the market right now. You can start from any of them which you wish to explore that being said, it also depends on what you want to develop at the end of the day if you want to develop only 2D games for mobile platform you can do following:

      1. Cocos2D/Cocos2Dx (Objective C or Swift) for iOS -Cocos2d is a family of open-source software frameworks for building cross-platform games&apps.
      2. Android SDK for game development (Java) - Download Android Studio and SDK Tools | Android Studio
      3. Unity2D for Android/iOS (C#, javascript)- Unity - 2D Game Creation
      4. Unreal Engine 2D (C++)- Mobile Game Development | Unreal Engine
      5. Corona SDK (Lua) - Cross-Platform Game/App Development Toolset - Corona Labs

      ... the list goes on wiki is our friend: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_game_engines

      For PC/Console the best engine in the market which is free to use as well:

      1. Unity engine (C#, javascript) 2D and 3D - https://unity3d.com
      2. Unreal engine (C++) 2D and 3D - https://www.unrealengine.com/what-is-unreal-engine-4
      3. CryEngine (C++, C#, Lua)- https://www.cryengine.com

      and Visual Studio with DirectX /XNA also used for game development PC and Console (C# language)

      Article for reference: https://www.juegostudio.com/blog/bes...me-developers/

      So, language is not an issue here in game development it's the process and the understanding of the concept which is important.
      Before jumping into game programming or development I would suggest you to please study following concepts:

      Mathematics and Physics for Programmers - https://www.amazon.com/Mathematics-P...PZN7BKRKNHEA28

      Concepts:

      1. Vector maths
      2. Trigonometry
      3. Matrix calculations
      4. Basic Physics
      5. Force/Velocity/Acceleration
      6. Quaternion Angle calculation
      7. Collision Detection etc

      https://www.essentialmath.com/tutorial.htm

      Also, look at game programming patterns: http://gameprogrammingpatterns.com


      Hope this will help

      P.S: I will play your game and then will relate your mentioned algorithm with it.
      Last edited by asemahassan88; 29-05-17 at 05:42 AM.
      Likes Thugnificent liked this post
       

     

     

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    All times are GMT +5. The time now is 12:23 AM.


    Back to Top Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
    Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
    Copyright 2018 PakGamers. All rights reserved.