I am:
      Nerdy

MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      56.07%
      @KhurramRehman @V3N0M @Eternal Blizzard @NaNoW @iNF3RN0

Hey guys,Thanks for all the replies.I accept your point of view here.

Summary:
      1. Game Development process - Khurram
      2. Career paths - Inferno
      3. Low level programming/Engine programming - EB

My point of making this thread was to get reply from the students, who are in Pakistan and are struggling to get into game industry.
      First of all, they should know what actually they want to do. If they have no idea about it at all, just passion.
      Then we can give an overview of all career paths as NaNoW pasted the "useful links".The input, which you all are giving, is valuable.
      And I completely accept just coding in Unity3D/Unreal/CryEngine is not game development. That’s only development/programming.
      I wanted to add all the pointsmyself in the thread first, but I am looking for actual replies from people who are interested in field.
      So, we can do our analysis and start opening up threads to each career path separately.

Just for summary of career paths. Game Development Process as a whole involves all these members as team.
      1. Programmers/Developers - Gameplay (2D/3D) - AI - Animation - UI - Engine - Network
      2. Designers/Artist (2D/3D) - Concept Artist - UI designer - Level designer - Game designer - Modeling - Animator
      3. Sound Engineers
      4. Quality Assurance
      5. Game Producers
      6. Creative Directors

So, if our target audience knows already about their own interest. Then we pick it and polish it accordingly. Lets hope , we get replies from most of the people at PG.Cheers
      Last edited by asemahassan88; 21-11-16 at 05:27 PM.

Administrator

I am:
      Starving

PSN ID: Wajhi Steam ID: NaNoW
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      99.42%
      Quote Originally Posted by asemahassan88 View Post
      @KhurramRehman @V3N0M @Eternal Blizzard @NaNoW @iNF3RN0

Hey guys,Thanks for all the replies.I accept your point of view here.

Summary:
      1. Game Development process - Khurram
      2. Career paths - Inferno
      3. Low level programming/Engine programming - EB

My point of making this thread was to get reply from the students, who are in Pakistan and are struggling to get into game industry.
      First of all, they should know what actually they want to do. If they have no idea about it at all, just passion.
      Then we can give an overview of all career paths as NaNoW pasted the "useful links".The input, which you all are giving, is valuable.
      And I completely accept just coding in Unity3D/Unreal/CryEngine is not game development. That’s only development/programming.
      I wanted to add all the pointsmyself in the thread first, but I am looking for actual replies from people who are interested in field.
      So, we can do our analysis and start opening up threads to each career path separately.

Just for summary of career paths. Game Development Process as a whole involves all these members as team.
      1. Programmers/Developers - Gameplay (2D/3D) - AI - Animation - UI - Engine - Network
      2. Designers/Artist (2D/3D) - Concept Artist - UI designer - Level designer - Game designer - Modeling - Animator
      3. Sound Engineers
      4. Quality Assurance
      5. Game Producers
      6. Creative Directors

So, if our target audience knows already about their own interest. Then we pick it and polish it accordingly. Lets hope , we get replies from most of the people at PG.Cheers
      I would actually put Community Management/Game marketing.
      and merge Game producers and creative directors.
      but thats just my pov

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      ----

Steam ID: pupp3t0fh3ll
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      81.14%
      count me in too for engine development
      Last edited by puppet; 22-11-16 at 04:39 PM.

PG Supervisor

I am:
      Nerdy

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      56.07%
      Quote Originally Posted by NaNoW View Post
      I would actually put Community Management/Game marketing.
      and merge Game producers and creative directors.
      but thats just my pov
      Hey NaNoW,

First of all happy to see pakgamers is running again perfectly.
      @ Community Management/Game Marketing yes thats another important position.
      @ Game producers and Creative directors, well these are two different things and these jobs only
      come with 7-10 years of expierence in game industry. But they have different role and responsibilities,
      and also this vary from company to company, there is no yet ground rule defined for these.

But inshort summary, creative directors mostly deal with all the aspect of game and approve the design of game at every stage.
      Producers are more into publishing and dealing with final goal of game/final product, not getting into too much of details like creative director do. A creative director will
      sit down with team everyday and approve everything including sounds/art work/design/gameplay etc. (Yet again this vary from company to company and also depends on team size)
      Likes NaNoW, V3N0M liked this post

Administrator

I am:
      Starving

PSN ID: Wajhi Steam ID: NaNoW
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      99.42%
      Hey NaNoW,

First of all happy to see pakgamers is running again perfectly.
      @ Community Management/Game Marketing yes thats another important position.
      @ Game producers and Creative directors, well these are two different things and these jobs only
      come with 7-10 years of expierence in game industry. But they have different role and responsibilities,
      and also this vary from company to company, there is no yet ground rule defined for these.

But inshort summary, creative directors mostly deal with all the aspect of game and approve the design of game at every stage.
      Producers are more into publishing and dealing with final goal of game/final product, not getting into too much of details like creative director do. A creative director will
      sit down with team everyday and approve everything including sounds/art work/design/gameplay etc. (Yet again this vary from company to company and also depends on team size)

You and @v3mon have an epic job coming up..in our last discussion with the tech team, I conveyed the message that we want game development to be front and center...this is happening people.
      Likes asemahassan88, V3N0M liked this post

Lazy guy :s

I am:
      Bored

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      96.29%
      @Solid Link
      /10char
      Thanks Solid Link thanked for this post

My RPGMaker project : http://www.pakgamers.com/forums/f27/...e-me-n-140077/
      My friend's Unity project : http://www.pakgamers.com/forums/f27/...kin-so-138892/

Walk the path of the walky...

I am:
      Stressed

Steam ID: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198178334599
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      75.6%
      I designed a 2D engine recently on SDL... it consisted of simple coded physics and it could load and animate sprites...
      it also consisted of a small and a simple particle engine and...but you had to set it up through code no GUI..
      if you guys wana know more about it or how i designed it you can VM me or i might make a thread about it and post it in the software section..
      Currently learning OpenGL...
      Likes asemahassan88, kashifji, Fahad786 liked this post

PG Supervisor

I am:
      Nerdy

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      56.07%
      Quote Originally Posted by Solid Link View Post
      I designed a 2D engine recently on SDL... it consisted of simple coded physics and it could load and animate sprites...
      it also consisted of a small and a simple particle engine and...but you had to set it up through code no GUI..
      if you guys wana know more about it or how i designed it you can VM me or i might make a thread about it and post it in the software section..
      Currently learning OpenGL...
      Hi @Solid Link

Yes, that would be nice if you can make another post about how did you make engine and how it can be improved.
      Do you have a repository for it which you can share with people and make to-dos. Only if you want to share it with people for learning.
      Maybe some people would like to code with you?

Cheers
      Likes Fahad786 liked this post

Walk the path of the walky...

I am:
      Stressed

Steam ID: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198178334599
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      75.6%
      Hi @Solid Link

Yes, that would be nice if you can make another post about how did you make engine and how it can be improved.
      Do you have a repository for it which you can share with people and make to-dos. Only if you want to share it with people for learning.
      Maybe some people would like to code with you?

Cheers
      I dont have a repository for that at the moment sorry I'l make a thread for it then.. i'l explain how i went about with making it and i'l share my codes along the way..

PG Rookie

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      2.98%
      I also want to learn Game Development ..