• Nerdy
  • Pensive
  • Roflol
  • Sad
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Yeehaw
  • Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption II - New gameplay trailer shows off heists and other ‘nefarious activities’

Respect Ma AuthoritA!!!
      Nintendo/PSP Moderator

I am:
      Roflol

Gamertag: mani the gamer PSN ID: Manigamer Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/manigamer
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      2142.86%
      Lv. Percent
      25.05%

Red Dead Redemption II - New gameplay trailer shows off heists and other ‘nefarious activities’

Open world video games are huge business these days; several franchises within the genre have become classics, and indeed are among some of the most beloved game series of all time. But while games can create almost any hypothetical reality, most entries in this particular subgenre have focused within the medieval fantasy, science fiction or urban crime genre. A notable exception: Red Dead Redemption, a modern-classic in which Rockstar Games essentially applied their Grand Theft Auto formula to the American Old West – resulting in what manner consider one of the best games in the entire genre.
      Now, Rockstar may finally be teasing a sequel to this much-loved game, with a cryptic image posted to social media. Posted to Rockstar’s Twitter account at approximately 9:00am EST, the image depicts a smear-textured red canvas with the Rockstar logo set dead center, with no accompanying text or metadata. Shortly thereafter, the same image became a page-filling newspost on the developer’s own website.
      No new information has since broken on this developing story, but many fans are already leaping to the conclusion that a sequel to Red Dead Redemption will shortly be announced:
      pic.twitter.com/BklXMlZ0UQ
      — Rockstar Games (@RockstarGames) October 16, 2016

Released to much acclaim in 2010, Redemption was actually a sequel to a more linear-structured game titled Red Dead Revolver from 2004 – though Revolver was originally developed by Angel Studios for Capcom (as a revival of their 1980s Arcade and Nintendo Entertainment System hit Gun Smoke) prior to the studio being acquired by Rockstar-proper. The original drew mixed reviews, but the open world follow-up became an instant smash with its inspired gameplay unique aesthetic, which combined realistic historical motifs with the exaggerated action of the so-called “Spaghetti Westerns” of the 1970s and dark revisionist Westerns in the vein of Unforgiven.In the game, players acted out the adventures of reformed outlaw John Marston, who is forced by the newly-empowered FBI to hunt down the former members of his gang at the tail-end of the “old west” era. While objectives were required to complete the main storyline, the game offered a massive amount of tangential content that kept devoted players glued to their screens for hours on end. Even today, the game is considered a must-play by many of the mediums most respect critics and fellow developers.While fans are justly excited, it is not 100% clear that the image is teasing a direct sequel. With the XBox and Playstation brands both getting upgrade models and Nintendo about the launch their mysterious NX console, it’s possible that the studio is instead teasing a “remaster” of the original game a’la Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. It’s also possible that it could be both, or an entirely unrelated game – though one would imagine Rockstar would recognize the disappointment likely to result if that were the case given the perceived specificity of the image.Stick with Screen Rant for more on this story as it develops.Source: Rockstar
      Likes The Punisher liked this post
      Thanks golabucha thanked for this post

Administrator

I am:
      Starving

PSN ID: Wajhi Steam ID: NaNoW
      Daily Activity
      1442.86%
      Lv. Percent
      14.36%
      hell yeah!! I b3lieve !!!

Administrator

I am:
      Starving

Daily Activity
      1442.86%
      Lv. Percent
      14.36%
      YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSss

~ em Gonna Eat you ♥ ~

I am:
      Happy

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      70.26%
      Its happening Folks

Administrator

I am:
      Starving

Daily Activity
      1442.86%
      Lv. Percent
      14.36%
      Quote Originally Posted by HYD3R View Post
      Its happening Folks

Name leaked rumor : RED DEAD RETRIBUTION

edit: some people are saying that this is not true...as someone edited the website element themselves
      Last edited by NaNoW; 17-10-16 at 09:00 PM.

Et tu, Brute?

I am:
      Devilish

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      38.22%
      Quote Originally Posted by NaNoW View Post

Name leaked rumor : RED DEAD RETRIBUTION

edit: some people are saying that this is not true...as someone edited the website element themselves
      I will Hate R* if they dont release on PC this time.

PG Supervisor

I am:
      Nerdy

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      23.22%
      Looks like there are gonna be 3 main protagonists , two male & one female please it must be .

Game Developers Required - Fresh (Karachi Only)

Respect Ma AuthoritA!!!
      Nintendo/PSP Moderator

I am:
      Roflol

Gamertag: mani the gamer PSN ID: Manigamer Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/manigamer
      Daily Activity
      2142.86%
      Lv. Percent
      25.05%
      These came before today’s most recent Twitter update, and it appears that the publisher has altered these names out of its HTML since then. Still, we could live with Red Dead Retribution, Red Dead Revenge or Red Dead Rebellion. Red Dead Kitty Cat? Yeah, not feeling that one so much.
      We have no way of proving what’s on Rockstar’s shortlist, and so the Twittersphere continues on with further ideas.

Red Dead Revolver...
      Red Dead Redemption...

What should the 3rd be called?

Remorse?
      Rebellion?
      Resurrection?
      Retribution?
      Revenge?
      Rectum?
      — ZackScott (@ZackScott) October 16, 2016
      This list has some repeats, but we do dig Red Dead Remorse too. Red Dead Rectum is probably what the game would be called if we let our 10-year-old brother name it. Let’s not do that.
      Other than the sequel’s existence, the prevailing rumor is that Red Dead 3 may take us to the days before Red Dead Redemption. If it is a prequel, here’s an easy name for it:
      @ZackScott They're gonna do the hip new thing of simplifying the title. My prediction is it will just be "Red Dead".
      — JOSH (@McDougishole) October 16, 2016
      That’s certainly trendy, and it’s been long enough that it wouldn’t be absurd for Red Dead to get some sort of functional reboot, a la System Shock and Prey. We’d rather a new game than a retelling of Red Dead Redemption (or Red Dead Revolver), of course.

We doubt that Rockstar will be following the conventions of either Sailor Moon or Sonic the Hedgehog, as these users suggest. We especially would prefer not to be reminded of the latter series’ less-beloved entires, although Red Dead Unleashed isn’t awful.
      Red Dead R
      Red Dead Super
      Red Dead SuperS
      Red Dead Stars
      — Dick Pic In The DMs (@BloodyBHoney) October 17, 2016
      @BloodyBHoney
      Red Dead R
      Red Dead and the Black Knight
      Red Dead Unleashed
      — Ghostly Bunny (@tentril) October 17, 2016

- - - Updated - - -

wait third ? wasn't this a second part ?

Hawk Eyes

I am:
      Bored

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      7.71%
      ^Its technically the 3rd part considering Red Dead Revolver was the first one.

I am really excited for this one. I hope its not a remaster of Read Dead Redemption. Fingers crossed.

Respect Ma AuthoritA!!!
      Nintendo/PSP Moderator

I am:
      Roflol

Daily Activity
      2142.86%
      Lv. Percent
      25.05%
      Quote Originally Posted by The Punisher View Post
      ^Its technically the 3rd part considering Red Dead Revolver was the first one.

I am really excited for this one. I hope its not a remaster of Read Dead Redemption. Fingers crossed.
      it cannot be a remaster, it JUST CANNOT