On Training

I am:
      Stressed

MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      75.31%
      After using stormfiber since September 2017 and I still kept my PTCL connection at 6mbps for backup purposes and got stormfiber due to TV services using same cabling for my home for analogue TVs and got fiber optic connection.

These are the cons of stormfiber to me so far since double NAT:
      1. The changes of double NAT throwing a wrench in IP services for cameras etc alongside online game hosting of mine with old games, most don't even play except for few online friends.
      2. Now this fair usage policy out of nowhere to suspend/downgrade my account and no margin of error and that limit of 1TB on all packages including 100mbps connections.
      3. Alongside the rates compared with PTCL, PTCL have now better rates when comparing 25mbps and above packages to Stormfiber's 20mbps and above packages.
      4. PTCL smart app for digital TV's work very well.
      5. Stormfiber have more lag due to unknown thing for me. I have played direct IP games and public servers. Stormfibers have more lag than PTCL. Specially when self hosted games even though I used to host games on 1 mb upload and 8mp download connection. I still have PTCL to compare and it was the same.

Pros of stormfiber:
      1. So far always getting fixed in time, even though PTCL also get fixed in time for me. More like less breakdowns compared to PTCL.
      2. Digital tv channel range is good. But I haven't even checked the whole of PTCL smart TV. Nor of it's device.

Thus the day I get proper excuse or anything else I will be getting rid of stormfiber.
      I am currently paying Rs. 1980/= for 6mbps connection of PTCL and it is not unlimited thus lower rate + Rs. 2641/= for triple play 10 mbps for stormfiber per month. Total price of Rs. 4621/= . I would be opting to go for 25mbps of PTCL when I leave Stormfiber, it would only cost me Rs. 4224/= only and better package(I am getting 2TB monthly Fair usage policy limit from PTCL FUP) compared to Stormfiber 20mbps at Rs. 3960/=.

On Training

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      19.34%
      Anyone has ebravo.pk working fine for streaming?On Stormfiber Internet?

Please respond here.
      https://www.pakgamers.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=294059

PGiversary

I am:
      Fine

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      43.54%
      StormFiber was my last hope after PTCL screwed me over for 3 years and now its getting crap day by day. There is packet loss and high ping during peak hours, they use CGNAT which is not secure and causes strict nat type. They keep on expanding and giving service to new customers even though they don't even have the capacity but because they are greedy and want money. Its like you can't get a decent internet service in this damn country.
      Likes walleed, umair392 liked this post

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Yeehaw

Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/gravitonprime/
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      23.24%
      Hi. Has anyone used StormFiber in Iqbal Town Lahore? I am tired of using a cable connection for internet and am thinking of switching to StormFiber.
      Any reviews in this part of the world will definitely help.

PGiversary

I am:
      Fine

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      43.54%
      Quote Originally Posted by ahmedleo View Post
      Hi. Has anyone used StormFiber in Iqbal Town Lahore? I am tired of using a cable connection for internet and am thinking of switching to StormFiber.
      Any reviews in this part of the world will definitely help.
      Don't switch to Stormfiber. I am in Wapda Town, Lahore and its totally trash. High ping, jitter, packet loss throughout the day and when I bring my problem up to them, they tell me that they have plenty of capacity and can't accept the fact that their network is oversubscribed. At this point its getting worse than PTCL.
      Likes umair392 liked this post

PG Newbie

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      24.92%
      Been using SF for 3 years now and this is the crappiest theyve ever been.. It started getting bad from the start of the year and its been unusable pretty much for last 2 weeks.
      Disconnects every 5 or 10 mins, then reconnects in another 5..and the cycle goes on.. Sometimes youll have a couple of hours where itll work fine and then again the same thing.
      Im in cantt lahore, anyone else facing the same issues?
      Likes walleed liked this post

PG Newbie

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      0%
      Does Storm Fiber provide a Public dynamic IP. Bc is regularly host dedicated cod4 server.

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Cool

Gamertag: nomeez96 PSN ID: nomeez786 Steam ID: awesomegamer025
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      25.52%
      Been using this for approx 3 years in architecture society. Never had any disconnection or ping issues. Don't know if people are really using SF directly thru them or they are using this through any cable provider who normally provide shared connections. So far one best ISP in Lahore. I ll recommend this to everyone.

Sent from my vivo 1907_19 using Tapatalk

King Of The Kings

I am:
      Confused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      56.68%
      Anyone else get slow download speeds on international servers? With a 30mbps connection, I'm getting 4-5mbps on EU/US servers download and 30mbps uploads. 30/30 on Pakistani servers.

PGiversary

I am:
      Fine

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      43.54%
      Quote Originally Posted by hatim View Post
      Anyone else get slow download speeds on international servers? With a 30mbps connection, I'm getting 4-5mbps on EU/US servers download and 30mbps uploads. 30/30 on Pakistani servers.
      Im getting around 14-19mbps on EU/US servers on 20mbps connection. I get close to full speeds on IDM, Steam etc even during peak hours. Can you mention the specific server on which you are getting slow speeds?